[1.2] Karibou Expedition Rover [0.3.0]

RoverDude

First of all, great mod. I'm currently trying to make a mission to Duna that's more than just a capsule landed on the surface. I have a few ideas and I'm sure someone might like them. Are you considering any of the following?

Wheels similar to that of NASA's SEV/LEV rovers.

IVA's for the tubes under the parts for ehanced IVAing down them. Something that could be added by the user if they wanted to. Just a simple tube with a hatch at both of the ends and a texture.

Battery packs for the shelving on the hub that are full of juice, but not too large to take up lots of space.

Ramps for the flatbed to load and unload smaller rovers or pieces of hab for a longer mission.

Once again, great mod and I can't wait for the Cab IVA.

0.0.4 is up!

- Decreased mass on the RoverCab to 3 tons

- Increased RoverCab EC to 500

- Added USI-LS support and gave the RoverCab a bit of extra habitation space (due to the built in bunk).

- Added a new inline VTOL descent engine

- Increased crew cab mass to three tons, added USI-LS support for habitation space (two years at full complement)

- Added USI-LS hab support to the inflatable emergency shelter (one year at full complement)

- Halved the capacity of the switching tanks

- Flatbed mass lowered to 1.25

- Adjusted flatbed top node

- Lowered mass of the crate/tanks

- Added a KIS storage crate

- Lowered mass of adapter plate

- Lowered mass of emergency shelter

- Added new RCS/SAS 2.5m part

- Added a radially attached probe core to better aid with VTOL landings

Oh yeah!!! Jeb! Time to get you boys in your cockpit!!!

PS: Here's what I'm doing with it. A little bit squirrely steering (swerves a lot) on the mun, but she'll do. She drives much better on Kerbin.

cfJDaoT.pngThe crew of Artemis Munar Base I are testing out the new rover system dubbed "Karibou" are currently enroute to the historic Kerballo 12 and Kervayor 3 landing site.

Edited by davidy12

Just picked up the latest version, looking good :)

I see you've halved the capacity of the Karibou Wheeled Storage to 10k (for most cargo)

But, the other two inline storage units (Karibou Wheeled Storage (Short) and Karibou Adapter Plate) seem to have been halved as well, down to 2.5k and 1.25k respectively.

Given their apparent volumes from the model size the Wheeled Storage is 4 squares long, the Wheeled Storage (Short) is 2 squares long and the Adapter Plate is 1 square long (the white tile design on the upper storage bay) did the two smaller units need to be halved from their initial values?

The radial Karibou Cargo Tank has a capacity of 2.5k and is roughly the same volume as the Adapter Plate.

What CTT (or stock) tech is the radial probe supposed to be under? Because I'm not seeing it in my science game, but it's there in sandbox.

Edit: Looks like it was never assigned a tech tree node.

Edit2: I put it under Advanced Flight Control since that's the same tier as advanced construction, which the VTOL engine is in.

Edited by smjjames

Well it is altogether missing a Techrequired in the cfg so you may have found a bug.

Yeah, I went and put it under Advanced Flight Control since that's the same tier as Advanced Construction, which is where the VTOL is.

I assume I need Raster Prop Monitor in order for the transparent windows to work (I don't need them for the Exploration Pack pods for some reason)? Also, a bug that may or may not be the result of not having RPM, the portrait backgrounds are black.

Edit: Adding RPM doesn't fix the black portrait backgrounds.

Kolonial%20Sci_screenshot_2015-09-14--17-35-38_zpsd4iq3ckh.png

Edited by smjjames

Yeah, I went and put it under Advanced Flight Control since that's the same tier as Advanced Construction, which is where the VTOL is.

I assume I need Raster Prop Monitor in order for the transparent windows to work (I don't need them for the Exploration Pack pods for some reason)? Also, a bug that may or may not be the result of not having RPM, the portrait backgrounds are black.

Edit: Adding RPM doesn't fix the black portrait backgrounds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/Kolonial%20Sci_screenshot_2015-09-14--17-35-38_zpsd4iq3ckh.png

Did you completely delete your karibou folder before copying this new one over?

Did you completely delete your karibou folder before copying this new one over?

Yeah, I saw on the stream what you had said about not deleting the folder. I'll try again though, and copy over the USItools (which doesn't seem to have been updated since July anyway) and the Firespitter (which may be a bit newer) as well just to be sure.

Edit: Nope, no change. Going to test really quick on the branchoff KSP.

Edit2: Nope, still broken. Checking Roverdudes stream to see if it was like that there.

Edited by smjjames