[1.2] Karibou Expedition Rover [0.3.0]

RoverDude

46 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

what is the emergency shelter for other then roleplay?

Also, will I need a LS mod for this?

Thanks!

The emergency shelter is for roleplay - or if you have USI-LS installed, in which case it adds some nice habitation.  But you don't need a LS mod in general - the mod just has the shelter (and a few other parts) that support it.

22 hours ago, DStaal said:

The emergency shelter is for roleplay - or if you have USI-LS installed, in which case it adds some nice habitation.  But you don't need a LS mod in general - the mod just has the shelter (and a few other parts) that support it.

oh ok. I hope this gets updated for 1.2!

• 2 weeks later...

Um... I am in 1.1.3, and I can't get the wheels to work. I mean, they work, I can drive, but they do not retract. Or extend. If there is a fix, or a known conflict that causes this, please tell me.

Edited by Mekan1k

8 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

read back. known issue.  Should be fixed in the 1.2 release.

Thanks.

And, for those of us that want to hotfix it, change these lines in the KER_Wheel_01.cfg file:

animationTrfName = RoverWheel2_C
animationStateName = StowKaribouWheels

3 minutes ago, Mekan1k said:

Thanks.

And, for those of us that want to hotfix it, change these lines in the KER_Wheel_01.cfg file:

animationTrfName = RoverWheel2_C
animationStateName = StowKaribouWheels

Be aware, that wheels can be stuck in "Deploying..." or "Retracting..." state. The animations are finished, but they state isn't changed to "Deployed" or "Retracted". The fix is to edit the state of a wheel in the quicksave file and to reload.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:39 PM, RoverDude said:

Yup. 1.2 version is already done just getting the last mod of mine (MKS) ready then I can launch all of this stuff

Any plans for a master pack of all the USI mods (especially the vehicle mods) or will you stick to individual releases?

Will this mean an end to low gravity high speed jumps? You can even survive jumps over the edge of craters on the Mun in 20 m/s without wheel damage with a little help of MechJeb stabilization (tested with Karibou) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good day, I've installed the USI Constellation Pack, and when I looked at the stock tech tree in Career mode, the Karibou Rover parts are located in the Advanced Construction node. Is this a conscious choice? It seems out of place as the Akita and Malemute parts are located in the Field Science Node. I had assumed that the Karibou, being the largest rover among the three in the USI Constellation, would be mostly located in the Advanced Motors node, the node after field science.

I love this mod but with the 1.2 update it doesn't seem to charge via any means. I've even gone as far as putting the Leviathan Solar Panel on board but no charge. The only time i managed to get the thing to charge back used power was to use small attached jet engines, which seems weird to me.

This could just be my game (it's been really buggy since the 1.2 release) but thought id pipe up and ask if there is a workaround?? Karibou is a must-have for my new construction attempt

15 minutes ago, PayadorPerseguido said:

Every time i select the Karibou cockpit in the VAB, i get massive performance drops. Futhermore, when i actually try to drive it, FPS goes below the botton line limit of low. Around 1.0.5 i had no issues with him, but now i'm having, any clues?

Probably some kind of log spam.  Obvious questions - KSP version?  Karibou version?  And did you try without other mods?

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Probably some kind of log spam.  Obvious questions - KSP version?  Karibou version?  And did you try without other mods?

Pardon my manners, first things first: I love your mod and all your work, pal. You're my favorite modder out there :D

Answering your questions, my KSP is updated through steam, so i guess the last possible version. And i downloaded the Karibou this morning, from CKAN. Although i admit i havent tried to use it without having other mods. I'm not a techy savy, so it might be something else i fear. Gonna try to investigate throughout the forums for related issues. 

:)
Thanks for replying, bud!

Bug report:

Getting spammed by

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

ERROR IN ModulePlanetaryLogistics -> FixedUpdate

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

ERROR IN ModulePlanetaryLogistics -> FixedUpdate

after attaching "Karibou UKS Multi-Hub" to a "MKS 'Duna' Logistics Center".

Mods / Add-Ons: MKS, Karibou, USI-LS, Konstruction and Module Manager.

Steps to replicate:

1. At VAB/SPH get a MKS 'Duna' Logistics Center as root part and attach Karibou UKS Multi-Hub
  2. Launch
  3. Console spammed with ERROR IN ModulePlanetaryLogistics -> FixedUpdate

If I revert to VAB/SPH, take out Karibou Hub and launch again, error goes out and everything goes back to normal.

Reinstalled KSP to see if the problem was here, but error was still happening. I could replicate 100% of the time. But only with Logistics + Karibou Hub.

Output Log on Dropbox.

Issue created on MKS github because may be a problem with it: https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/issues/938

Edited by Crabman