[1.2] Karibou Expedition Rover [0.3.0]

RoverDude

Hi!

I would like to know if there is a possibility to add to containers the possibility to store Food and Oxygen and all waste sources from TAC LS mod through FSfuelSwitch functionality? I would really appreciate your help! It's kinda sad to have a lot of containers for resources and have no possibility to use it to store oxygen and food... :(

Hi!

I would like to know if there is a possibility to add to containers the possibility to store Food and Oxygen and all waste sources from TAC LS mod through FSfuelSwitch functionality? I would really appreciate your help! It's kinda sad to have a lot of containers for resources and have no possibility to use it to store oxygen and food... :(

you can do it via an MM config file.

you can do it via an MM config file.

Sorry for inconvenience but how do I do it? I need to create a separate .cfg file or just add it to each part.cfg?

I haven't done it before actually...

Sorry for inconvenience but how do I do it? I need to create a separate .cfg file or just add it to each part.cfg?

I haven't done it before actually...

Modulemanager has extensive documentation. You can start by looking at some of the existing MM cfg files in pretty much any mod to get an idea.

Honestly what I did to learn this .cfg file stuff was to first make a copy of an existing part. So copy the part CFG file to a new file. change the part inside the file to like "container Tac Edition". Then in game you will ahve 2 parts, the original and your new one. Then you can play around with the cfg, testing in game until you get it right, without mucking up the original part.

Then you can change that part cfg into a modulemanager config file which will adjust the original part.

Roverdude has been pretty clear that he has no interest in supporting supply configs for TAC-LS in any of his mods. Don't blame him as he is busy enough and it is harder when its a mod you no longer use. I'm kind of surprised honestly that a USI and TAC-LS fan hasn't come up with a MM config pack to add TAC-LS supply support to all of the relevant USI mods.

Modulemanager has extensive documentation. You can start by looking at some of the existing MM cfg files in pretty much any mod to get an idea.

Honestly what I did to learn this .cfg file stuff was to first make a copy of an existing part. So copy the part CFG file to a new file. change the part inside the file to like "container Tac Edition". Then in game you will ahve 2 parts, the original and your new one. Then you can play around with the cfg, testing in game until you get it right, without mucking up the original part.

Then you can change that part cfg into a modulemanager config file which will adjust the original part.

Roverdude has been pretty clear that he has no interest in supporting supply configs for TAC-LS in any of his mods. Don't blame him as he is busy enough and it is harder when its a mod you no longer use. I'm kind of surprised honestly that a USI and TAC-LS fan hasn't come up with a MM config pack to add TAC-LS supply support to all of the relevant USI mods.

Thanks for advice. I will try to go this way.

Actually I don't blame Roverdude in any way, it is even stated in description that USI-LS is preferred. The idea of my message was just to receive an advice that will let me get solution of my problem and actually I'm really happy that you gave me not a final solution but a path that I need to go to get my problem solved.

Sorry for my English, it's not that good. Hope you understood me)

And I really like all of RoverDude mods. They bring a lot of new stuff to KSP in the way how it should. It is well balanced and it's a real pleasure to play with USI mods. I can't actually imagine my KSP install without these mods. :)

Edited by Hemius

0.0.5 is up

Added 1000l of KIS inventory to the Karibou rover and crew cabs

Fixed render issue with the crew cab

The Karibou is now a resource distributor in MKS-L

Fixed attachment node issues in the Karibou cargo bay

Fixed collider issue with the Karibou crate

Crates and tanks are EVA repaintable

Adjusted KIS volume of the emergency shelter

The rover cab doesn't have a button for inventory. And yes I did double check if I had the most recent version and removed the old Karibou folder before putting the new one in. The crew cab does have the inventory button now though.

screenshot14_zpss4fli7is.png

The rover cab doesn't have a button for inventory. And yes I did double check if I had the most recent version and removed the old Karibou folder before putting the new one in. The crew cab does have the inventory button now though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot14_zpss4fli7is.png

smjjames. karibou has a proper github repo now. Just FYI for issues.

Huh. My rover, using the modular (not fixed) wheels, keeps yawing to the left uncontrollably when stopped. It starts very slowly, but if I let it go it'll spin itself to pieces. This is on Minmus.

Have you tried elsewhere? Because Minmus is well, Minmus, and driving on it is pretty horrible anyway.

What's the changelog for 0.1.0? It's up on Kerbalstuff, but no changelog mentioned. There is a changelog in the zip file, but it doesn't mention the changes for 0.1.0.

Edit: Oh, theres a second changelog file, nvm.

Yeah, I saw.

Anyhow, it certainly seems to brake better, however, it still slides when you try to stop on a slope, at least slopes steeper than 6 degrees and those wheels look like they're made to grip the terrain.

Also, minor glitch which you may be aware of, the VAB/SPH part icon is missing the hydraulics.

Missing hydraulics is intended because of how the look constraints work. RE sliding... the mesh has nothing to do with grabbability at this time :) The question would really be if it slides any more or less than other stock wheels of similar sizes.

0.1.0.1 IS UP

0.1.0.1 - 2015.10.16

--------------------

Synced with current USI Tools

Deprecated original Karibou wheels in favor of a new model with better braking, etc. - old vehicles will not break, but the old wheels are no longer researchable and will be removed with KSP 1.1

The latest version that just got released. Also I will be testing on the mun later today. Minmus is very easy to make a base but the low gravity hampers any exploration by rovers.

Yea but it is great for doing donuts

0.1.0.1 IS UP

0.1.0.1 - 2015.10.16

--------------------

Synced with current USI Tools

Deprecated original Karibou wheels in favor of a new model with better braking, etc. - old vehicles will not break, but the old wheels are no longer researchable and will be removed with KSP 1.1

I'm using the new wheels on my brand new "The Martian" rover, but they don't brake at all on duna

I'm using the new wheels on my brand new "The Martian" rover, but they don't brake at all on duna

There's a KSP bug where, if you right click stuff, it kills braking torque. Consider adding in the stock bug fixes modulewheelfix bit.

There's a KSP bug where, if you right click stuff, it kills braking torque. Consider adding in the stock bug fixes modulewheelfix bit.

Which stuff, any stuff on the craft or the wheels specifically? (the latter I can understand, but if I can kill my brakes right clicking on just anything.... well, suckage :()