[1.2] Karibou Expedition Rover [0.3.0]

RoverDude

16 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@RoverDude is this compatible with Kerbalism?

If I remember correctly RD has indicated during one of his live streams that Kerbalism makes significant changes to core systems, which will at a minimum unbalance USI bits and breaks others.

I suspect if Kerbalism could figure out how to what it does without gutting some of the core systems, then it would be easier to support.

Immensely cute.    (And can I beg that some part in the pack has an ability I recently learned of from KIS that no one's taken advantage of yet to my knowledge: The ability to increase the amount a nearby Kerbal can lift?  It seems a good fit to the look, and to the idea of it being a construction part.  Though I know I'm on a roll with requesting parts from you...)

On 5/18/2016 at 3:29 PM, mcortez said:

This made me wonder if there was a way to enforce an overload penalty against life support.  Kind if like a recycler but with a negative percentage.

Just as a quick note on this - I experimented a bit, and you can make a part with a negative habitation multiplier.  :wink:  (I thought I'd tried that, but I wanted to try again to be sure.)

(Oh, and I've put up a PR with the Passenger Cabin I described above.  I've got the cost increasing without USI-LS, assuming I've done the MM code correct.)

21 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Just as a quick note on this - I experimented a bit, and you can make a part with a negative habitation multiplier.  :wink:  (I thought I'd tried that, but I wanted to try again to be sure.)

Munar Penal Colony here I come :wink:

6 minutes ago, VaPaL said:

@kerboman25 Also, the link in the OP is from KerbalStuff, this site is offline for some time now. You also have http://bobpalmer.github.io/UmbraSpaceIndustries/. The RoverDude's signature is also a link.

Yea that link is ok.  I prefer just to go to the landing page for Roverdude's github.  The catalog page you linked does not dynamically show all of the repositories so for example you won't find the malemute there, whereas if you just go to his main github page you can see all of his repositories.

12 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Although my thoughts at this point are to bundle the Akita with my construction pack because those bits make use of that nifty cab

Forgive my ignorance, which pack is that? I popped over to your site and didn't see anything that stuck out to me as matching that description. As much as I love your mods I don't follow them that closely since I no longer, y'know, get a chance to play.

The Akita looks really cool! I'm always impressed with how unique and useful all your parts are. Mine always feel so standard in comparison.

18 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Forgive my ignorance, which pack is that? I popped over to your site and didn't see anything that stuck out to me as matching that description. As much as I love your mods I don't follow them that closely since I no longer, y'know, get a chance to play.

The Akita looks really cool! I'm always impressed with how unique and useful all your parts are. Mine always feel so standard in comparison.

It's still a work in progress. 

This mod is awesome. I especially like how, unlike some mods, it is really made in the kerbal spirit of endless recombination, instead of being geared towards making one specific craft.

I do have one question, though: I feel like I'm doing something wrong with the control cabin. I know it's EVA hatch is on the underside of the nose, but it is really difficult to get a kerbal on EVA to be able to activate it. I basically have to mash arrow buttons making the kerbal rub his face against the front of the cabin for a while until it gives me the option to climb or board. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

@Tokamak I usually have to walk up near it then jump - there is a "ladder" there that you can grab.  But my kerbals usually just keep hitting their heads and getting knocked on their butts.

I think RD said that in a future update he would try and make it easier to climb into.

Just now, mcortez said:

@Tokamak I usually have to walk up near it then jump - there is a "ladder" there that you can grab.  But my kerbals usually just keep hitting their heads and getting knocked on their butts.

I think RD said that in a future update he would try and make it easier to climb into.

Hmm... I'll try that. Since I can't tell quite where the fiddly hatch activation area is actually located, I had thought that it was lower. I'll try that. Thanks!

Yeah, for a Kerbal to reach it unaided you have to be on nearly level ground with the wheels retracted.  Given a chance I'll stick some other hatch on my rover and use that instead.  It's almost always easier to reach.  So if I have something like this I'll do most of my entering from the sides (even if that means I have to remember to stow my tools before re-entering the vehicle):

screenshot_2016-05-23--18-49-16.png

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

Yeah, for a Kerbal to reach it unaided you have to be on nearly level ground with the wheels retracted.  Given a chance I'll stick some other hatch on my rover and use that instead.  It's almost always easier to reach.  So if I have something like this I'll do most of my entering from the sides (even if that means I have to remember to stow my tools before re-entering the vehicle):

screenshot_2016-05-23--18-49-16.png

Makes sense. That appears to be what I will do.

What mod are the parts from that little 10 wheeled rover from? It looks neat