[WIP] Z_thing ZZZ's Part Collection

Chaosratt

My Mun base also uses zzz_thing spheres. I have been having the same issue with most of them disappearing. After reading Starwaster's comment about the space in the TypeB_S name, I noticed everyone of the problem sphere parts have a space between the last letter of the config file name and the .cfg extension. I edited the name to remove the space and so far so good. If that is indeed the issue, I would never have noticed it on my own. Fingers crossed.

My Mun base also uses zzz_thing spheres. I have been having the same issue with most of them disappearing. After reading Starwaster's comment about the space in the TypeB_S name, I noticed everyone of the problem sphere parts have a space between the last letter of the config file name and the .cfg extension. I edited the name to remove the space and so far so good. If that is indeed the issue, I would never have noticed it on my own. Fingers crossed.

Aha! I was looking at the contents of the configs and scratching my head. I saw the space show up in the debug log, but thought the problem was the .mu file. I never even considered to look at the .cfg file!

The SpaceY mod by NecroBones already has a 2.5m Engine called Merlin, or 3, but I'm sure it 2.5m

That's the name zzz gave it, don't shoot the messenger.

• 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:
46 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

Hi, any news on this?

Nope, and not going to be either.  ZZZ has left the game of KSP to mod for other games, he/she said farewell in the original thread.  But they're all just parts, no plugins to worry about, so they should all still work in 1.0.5, at least all of the ones I have still do.  :)  Check the first post of THIS thread for more info, and how to modify the part configs if you have any problems.

Thnaks, @Neutrinovore! What about those catwalks, though? I've tried to use them and the kerbal can't move from one module (e.g. Hitchhiker) to the other, I've tried using the dock port part and without it.

About those geodesic cupolas, does anyone have a working config? How can I link that "toggle" button to start generating LS besides turning on the lights?

@jlcarneiro, are you able to "crew" the separate modules in the SPH/VAB?... If not, it may be as simple as adding a line to the .cfgs...I cant remember the exactsyntax, but IIRC, there is a variable for adding crew capacity, that might be what you need...

As far as the LS support, there again, might be as simple as adding the proper MODULE to the .cfgs, (depends on what LS mod you wish to use with them), with lines for the action menu... Its all pretty simple, I just dont recall the specifics right now...

EDIT: Yeah...I just looked thru all the .cfgs, and I was correct: none have any provisions in the files for crew capacity...

You must realise that ZZZ basically only provided the models, nothing else... At the time, these were some of the best looking, most useful "parts" made for KSP, outside of stock...They werent really part of any specific mod... He was generous enough to release them to public domain, so others could "customize" and use them for specific mods...

Hence, Chaosratt "collected" the models and very basic .cfgs (JUST enough in the .cfgs to get them loaded in game, with not much reason other than aesthetics and looks), and has released them all together in the OP. Think of these as "raw" materials, intended for mod developers to use and incorporate into full mods they may be developing; rather than "finished" parts meant for immediate gameplay...

You MIGHT be better off, especially if there are only a few of these parts you are interested in using, to research actual mods that incorporated these "parts", and install those mods, instead of trying to customize THESE files, especially if you dont really know much about writing or editing .cfg files on your own... What you are wanting to do with them, may already have been done, and released in an actual, working mod... I KNOW that the greenhouse model has been used in a couple mods already...

Edited by Stone Blue

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

@jlcarneiro, are you able to "crew" the separate modules in the SPH/VAB?... If not, it may be as simple as adding a line to the .cfgs...I cant remember the exactsyntax, but IIRC, there is a variable for adding crew capacity, that might be what you need...

As far as the LS support, there again, might be as simple as adding the proper MODULE to the .cfgs, (depends on what LS mod you wish to use with them), with lines for the action menu... Its all pretty simple, I just dont recall the specifics right now...

EDIT: Yeah...I just looked thru all the .cfgs, and I was correct: none have any provisions in the files for crew capacity...

You must realise that ZZZ basically only provided the models, nothing else... At the time, these were some of the best looking, most useful "parts" made for KSP, outside of stock...They werent really part of any specific mod... He was generous enough to release them to public domain, so others could "customize" and use them for specific mods...

Hence, Chaosratt "collected" the models and very basic .cfgs (JUST enough in the .cfgs to get them loaded in game, with not much reason other than aesthetics and looks), and has released them all together in the OP. Think of these as "raw" materials, intended for mod developers to use and incorporate into full mods they may be developing; rather than "finished" parts meant for immediate gameplay...

You MIGHT be better off, especially if there are only a few of these parts you are interested in using, to research actual mods that incorporated these "parts", and install those mods, instead of trying to customize THESE files, especially if you dont really know much about writing or editing .cfg files on your own... What you are wanting to do with them, may already have been done, and released in an actual, working mod... I KNOW that the greenhouse model has been used in a couple mods already...

First of all, thanks for your advices.

Second, I managed to get the the vertical greenhouse working, I'm thinking of using the same modules on the geodesic ones. But I don't Know how  to "bind" the animation button to a generator: I want the part to light up and start generating life support...

Third, on the catwalks, I managed to make them passable (using Connected Living Spaces), but I think I'm makig some error connecting them...

You might look at this

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
		animationName = antenna
		isOneShot = false
		startEventGUIName = Extend
		endEventGUIName = Retract
		actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna
		allowAnimationWhileShielded = False
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDataTransmitter
		packetInterval = 0.6
		packetSize = 2
		packetResourceCost = 12.0
		requiredResource = ElectricCharge
		DeployFxModules = 0    <------------------  This here telling it to extend the antenna it might work on other Module but more then likely it will matter how there stacked
	}

3 hours ago, MeCripp said:

You might look at this

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
		animationName = antenna
		isOneShot = false
		startEventGUIName = Extend
		endEventGUIName = Retract
		actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna
		allowAnimationWhileShielded = False
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDataTransmitter
		packetInterval = 0.6
		packetSize = 2
		packetResourceCost = 12.0
		requiredResource = ElectricCharge
		DeployFxModules = 0    <------------------  This here telling it to extend the antenna it might work on other Module but more then likely it will matter how there stacked
	}

Thanks, @MeCripp! But was this to me? If so, I didn't quite understand it, sorry... :(

How do I execute TWO actions (start the generator module and turn the lights on) with only ONE button press?

Edited by jlcarneiro

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.