[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

9 hours ago, Duhya said:

I ended up using all my rcs fuel to deorbit, and lost control about 40km up because it was probably too forward heavy without any monoprop. The plane flopped around knocking everyone out but somehow not ripping apart, i tried to fight it but it wanted to fall backwards. Decided not to fight it and gained a bunch of speed around 20km.

So I landed it backwards.

https://imgur.com/a/n6va7dd

What an amazing vehicle.

This man... give him a medal.. for on his back...

Edited by DrLicor

2 hours ago, CocaoGames said:

Please include a craft file as i can not be bothered to build it 

I hope you can be bothered with some actual reading, the craft files are located in the OP.

But since your time seems to be very valuable, here is a link sir

Edited by DrLicor

3 hours ago, DrLicor said:

I hope you can be bothered with some actual reading, the craft files are located in the OP.

But since your time seems to be very valuable, here is a link sir

sorry i didnt see it

hey a question again, do you have any auto pilot suggestions for re entry and what setting should i use for it. Thanks

Having an issue in 2.5x scale. With the patch installed KER shows no more Dv than with the patch not installed, and the ET runs out before the SRB's. Doesn't reach orbit either way.  
Followed the mission and throttled to 70% up until 2 minutes, boosters flamed out at 2:16, ET at 2:46 at a speed of 2300 m/s. Perfect for stock, not 2.5x.
Running 1.43 with the CA for 1.41, MM 3.07.
Screenshot of my gamedata: https://imgur.com/a/dgrJjgw

Edited by Kerbal01

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a bit of a problem. So my shuttle is working, but every time I try to autowarp in atmosphere the game glitches out, and nearly every texture turns either invisible or to the skybox, making all flights essentially blind. while it's not present in the SPH or the VAB, it does make the map view completely invisible/unusable, and I have to restart the game in order to fix this problem. Help anyone?

Edited by STT1
grammer

Are there unforseen problems taking the numbers of the 2.5x patch and simply adjusting them for RSS (Non RO)?  i.e. are other variables involved that would cause failure?

*Note: No matter how huge I make the Max Thrust for the SRBs, they still don't go above .5 TWR.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:53 PM, Kerbal01 said:

Having an issue in 2.5x scale. With the patch installed KER shows no more Dv than with the patch not installed, and the ET runs out before the SRB's. Doesn't reach orbit either way.  
Followed the mission and throttled to 70% up until 2 minutes, boosters flamed out at 2:16, ET at 2:46 at a speed of 2300 m/s. Perfect for stock, not 2.5x.
Running 1.43 with the CA for 1.41, MM 3.07.
Screenshot of my gamedata: https://imgur.com/a/dgrJjgw

Are you using the provided .craft file, or did you build it from scratch in the VAB?  I've found I need to rebuild, since the existing craft files don't "refresh" for 2.5x. I've done it so often i swear I can make the shuttle in under 5 minutes...

Edited by slaintemaith

11 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

Are there unforseen problems taking the numbers of the 2.5x patch and simply adjusting them for RSS (Non RO)?  i.e. are other variables involved that would cause failure?

*Note: No matter how huge I make the Max Thrust for the SRBs, they still don't go above .5 TWR.

Are you using the provided .craft file, or did you build it from scratch in the VAB?  I've found I need to rebuild, since the existing craft files don't "refresh" for 2.5x. I've done it so often i swear I can make the shuttle in under 5 minutes...

prebuilt.

22 hours ago, Kerbal01 said:

Done, that worked. I have the appropriate Dv but the TWR seems low (1.07) which leads to interesting flight dynamics issues.

Did you make sure the wing tanks are empty?  Is your staging set to something sane?  I have MechJeb settings that will put it almost into orbit, then drop ET, then OMS burn into orbit.  If I saw a screen shot I might be able to diagnose better.

Edited by slaintemaith

On 9/29/2018 at 11:38 PM, martinmike2 said:

anyone else having a problem where the nose cone falls off the SRB on seperation?

That’s intended. Just disable the staging on the SRB parachutes, or have the SRB sep happen before those parachutes deploy and the noses blow off. Hope that helped.

Hey guys, been away from the forum for some time now. I skimmed back a few pages and didn't see any reference to it. Has anyone come across an issue where the "SRB-4" will show a particle effects prior to ignition? As well as post SRB cutout? Works perfectly fine. Just looks like it's on fire at all times in the flight scene. I do have a substantial number of mods and I haven't yet narrowed it down. Game version 1.4.5

On 10/6/2018 at 11:12 AM, V8jester said:

Hey guys, been away from the forum for some time now. I skimmed back a few pages and didn't see any reference to it. Has anyone come across an issue where the "SRB-4" will show a particle effects prior to ignition? As well as post SRB cutout? Works perfectly fine. Just looks like it's on fire at all times in the flight scene. I do have a substantial number of mods and I haven't yet narrowed it down. Game version 1.4.5

Typically when this happens it has to do with RealPlume and SmokeScreen, do you have those installed?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.