[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

is there any plugins to add Tweakscale support, or the possibility of having other spaceplanes such as Hermes in the pack?
also, the pack is amazing so far. im using QSRSS and the mod is amazing. great work @Pak

Edited by Dgraz22
grammar

I decided to split up the Kerbalized and Real decals as I don't like having anything too "real" in the base mod. So the real stuff will be available separately.

The base decals have a few of my flightless bird shuttle names and 7 custom slots

@trooperMNG There's a worm-y option in both sets along with a custom slot for it.

I also made the Buran side decal. Petrel is my dev name for the Buran (flightless bird that lives in Eastern Europe)

On the right is the supplied texture sheet. I set it up so you can easily plug in your own names and replace the flags with your own if you'd like. This stuff will be included in the next update along with a bunch of small stuff to get ready for the LRB add-on

TAoUSvz.jpg?1YtIzsxV.png

@Dgraz22 I don't have any plans for any other modern shuttles. I do have plans for a set of 3 other shuttles which you can check out in the roadmap in my sig which will be done in the far future or never.

But if you're looking for a similar modern rocket launched shuttle, check out @Well's CEV

v1.3.0a Update

Added:

• Decal set to add names and more flags to your shuttles

Changes:

• New art for ST-25 engine. The old engine is moving to its proper place in the future Block II add-on

• Many other small changes to get ready for the Block II release

• Updated the craft files on github to add the new decals

• Forgot to put in final descriptions for the decals! I'll add them later.

nswogfh.pngu2CbxpD.png

mzIHFRv.png?1

Photo by Daelkyr

Edited by Pak

Anybody else having trouble flying this?

If you're successfully launched this could you please give me some detailed instructions?

EDIT:

I managed to get it into orbit but definitely looking for a more detailed procedure on how others are managing it. The most trouble I had was rolling it while keeping it at the right inclination it keeps slipping and sliding on me.

Edited by gc1ceo

That reminds me I should do a little instruction thing.

kDm2bSy.jpg

@drtedastro You don't have to mess with the cfg unless you want to change the little tooltip display in game

the objects are the reference meshes in unity. A mesh switch is really just a stack of parts and you're picking which one is active in game.

@RandyRawgust, in my experience, the SAS of 1.1.3 was much more stable when it comes to asymmetrical and eccentric engines that have to compensate torque. 

It's more a game problem than a mod problem I think. But try to have the least torque on our crafts, so the engines don't have to gimbal to much to keep a non flipping flight 

the navball issues are more with the shuttle being asymmetrical, but try launching on a  thrust setting closer to TWR 1.4, as it will give you more stability through the early launch and roll program. limiting engine gimbal until booser cut-off should help with torque as well

SSME's are gimbal locked until SRB sep, and I don't have a roll program, I launch with the back facing the east. How can I lower my torque?

UPDATE:

I've launched the EFT and SRB stack separately and it flew straight down range beautifully. My issue is definitely with the orbiter attached.

Edited by RandyRawgust

Now my SRB are all wobbling on the pad, had to goto advanced Tweakable and switch it on, something I just now needed to do, wasn't a problem, also now I goto launch and when I hit my launch clamps, the EFT and Shuttle separate. I've changed nothing, I had one flight that was good, no wobble nothing, now every single time I've tried to attempt anything with this vehicle theres new problems every second. No cosistantcy and I haven't even changed anything. I'm going to go bang my head against a wall now seeing as I've just wasted 3 days of my life.

dumb question, but do you launch with control surfaces enabled? you might want to double check you dont have roll on the rudder enabled, as it will cause bad oscillations on ascent. asymmetrical rockets almost always require constant correction during launch, and will almost never fly quite the same as an inline stack.

So, leading edge wing elevons are set to Roll only, the wing elevons are set to Pitch only and my tail plane is set to Yaw only. Authority limit is default max on all. I tried launching with my tailplane authority limit set to 0 but no difference. It's like my Port wing is filled with rocks or something. Also, I accidentally had the EFT separator set to Rigid as well, when I turned that off the orbiter stayed attach until proper stage.

Side note, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement got updated somehow to the version for the 1.3 client, but I still play on 1.2.2, making the mod incompatible. That may have triggered the SRB swaying that I inevitably fixed with Advanced Tweakable 'Rigid Attachment' option. 

BTW thanks everyone for all the time you've taken to help me. Let me know what info to feed you.

I wonder if FAR would help

UPDATE

FAR made no difference...

Still like the Port side wing is full of rocks. I added a small Ore tank inside the payload bay offset to the Starboard side, still leaning Port. Also I don't need the 'Rigid Attachment' with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement working properly. Funny. Throttle adjustment seems to help, again pointing to the torque being the source of my issue. I've brought down the initial launch torque to under 10 by slightly offsetting the SRBs closer to the orbiter, not even noticeable, and by changing the vertical placement of the orbiter to the EFT.

UPDATE

I swapped SSME's with the KS-25 Vector, it's a tad better. With all three Vector engines gimbal locked, no change. Removed the wings, no change, then the tailplane, no change. It's gotta be the engines or the lifting body that keeps slanting me. I'm at 900km and my inclination is already 0.7 degrees and rising. Ughh, anyone ever counter this issue?! I see that people on Youtube that use this mod have the same effect. Hence why I posted the video above.

Edited by RandyRawgust

Even my launch vehicles that use have asymmetric SRB configurations flight right down range dead center. My shuttle only lists by a hair but that adds up downrange. And if I try to correct it, it over compensates and loses gets a little wild, depending on how fast or how high decides just how wild a tap of the 'D' key can be.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.