[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

8 hours ago, Miguel_overlord said:

Temp fix for 1.3 crash, (for me atleast)
Go to \GameData\Cormorant Aeronology\Assets\mk3_Shuttle and delete the Cormorant Aeronology 1.2.2b it fixed it for me

Thank you, I will test it later.

20 minutes ago, ApolloOgre said:

i love the idea behind this mod but for some reason. None of the parts for the mod will show up. could anyone provide install instructions. i am kinda new at this. thank you in advance!

Copy the Cormorant-Folder into your GameData. You also need Firespitter and Module Manager. Thats it.

27 minutes ago, Slainte Maith said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how would one use this with Realism Overhaul--or at the very least, a non RO Real Solar System?  Engine ISP x 2 doesn't cut it, I fear...

Look at page 1:

RO configs by @DrLicor  In progress for new update

It's in progress.

Just now, Slainte Maith said:

It says it's in progress for a new update.  That implies there's an existing version.  One doesn't update something that doesn't already exist.

No, it means that there is one that is in progress, and will be included in the new update.

Yep indeed, When RO gets updated to the current version, I'll make the RO configs again for the shuttle. With the right amount of fuel, the right fuel etc.. I think it's a bit of waste of time to make them voor 1.2.2 now.. 
1.3 hasn't that big impact as 1.1.3 to 1.2.2. So I quess it will be matter of time (weeks/month) untill RO is back up to date.

On 2017-5-28 at 11:19 PM, Miguel_overlord said:

Temp fix for 1.3 crash, (for me atleast)
Go to \GameData\Cormorant Aeronology\Assets\mk3_Shuttle and delete the Cormorant Aeronology 1.2.2b it fixed it for me

@Pak, Miguel_overlord is right, inside the update there's a folder of an older version, Cormorant Aeronology 1.2.2b.
:D

Hi,

I'm trying to make this mod work for some time, but still have some issues. I have actually two problems:

1. Lifting body object is too long. I guess that it should fit to 4 segment cargo bay, but in my game it has something like 4 and half segments (see attached photo)

aJYdtp3.jpg

Problem exists only for a lifting body with back engine mount. The part with it works fine (is shorter). Images below:

2. The heat shield tiles texture is not displayed correctly on mesh. See attached:

jWvN0zj.jpg

CGHkoBS.jpg

Also, I cannot see the button to switch tiles between wing sides.

So my question to you all is does someone faced similar problems before and know what to do with them?

Till now I tried to:

1. Reinstall the Mod.

2. Install fresh KSP with no other mods

3. Update KSP from 1.1 to 1.2

No of this helped. Any ideas?

5 hours ago, nowylepszyszatan said:

No of this helped. Any ideas?

Your Firespitter plugin seems like it's not working. You should make sure that if you're running KSP 1.2 (though 1.3 is now the most current) that your versions of this mod and Firespitter are for 1.2. You can see older versions on Spacedock.

The heat shield wings use a "texture switch" from Firespitter, and the lifting body part uses a mesh switch, so on right click it should have multiple options for length. That longer one is intentional, it's for the CRG-150 cargo bay from this mod:

Its purpose is to make properly scaled shuttles in length as well as extra shuttle parts. You should be able to switch to the normal CRG-100 length when your Firespitter works, however.

@notJebKerman oh no worries. It'll be released and maintained on this thread. I got a bit frustrated with it so I'm working on some other things right now. I'll be going back to it though.

The other things:

I'm starting to get the Shuttle Block 2 LRBs in game. The LRBs were the first step in the Block 2 program and offer increased crew safety and larger payload mass.

The 3.125m part set is the Nosecone with sep motors, mid size tank, long tank, quad engine, sep motor pack, and a larger booster decoupler.

Just starting testing, then I'll go back and finish the textures.

0IfKkb8.png

6Am3eZn.png

7 hours ago, Pak said:

@notJebKerman oh no worries. It'll be released and maintained on this thread. I got a bit frustrated with it so I'm working on some other things right now. I'll be going back to it though.

The other things:

I'm starting to get the Shuttle Block 2 LRBs in game. The LRBs were the first step in the Block 2 program and offer increased crew safety and larger payload mass.

The 3.125m part set is the Nosecone with sep motors, mid size tank, long tank, quad engine, sep motor pack, and a larger booster decoupler.

Just starting testing, then I'll go back and finish the textures.

0IfKkb8.png

6Am3eZn.png

Very cool @Pak.  Can't wait for this.  That sure is a lot of ORANGE though! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.