[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

Hi!

I love your mod, ive used it so many times in the past. The github upload for your temporary update, does not work for me. I have tried installing it several different ways in my Gamedata folder, but parts do not show up. The readme does not have install instructions. I have also looked back a few pages but I did not see anyone have this issue.

any ideas?

thanks!

Edited by max_42

@max_42

Oh. If you download the zip from github, open the Cormorant-Aeronology-Master folder then drop all those folders into the Cormorant Aeronology folder in your game data.

I'll see about changing the file structure on the github in the future so there's just the one folder like the release versions.

May i ask do you only work with the American shuttle and its variants and the buran or are there plans for other craft.

if you have added the shuttle block 2 and the shuttle block C shouldn’t you add somethings on the Russian side to make it even like the spiral project or the energia II. 

32 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

May i ask do you only work with the American shuttle and its variants and the buran or are there plans for other craft.

if you have added the shuttle block 2 and the shuttle block C shouldn’t you add somethings on the Russian side to make it even like the spiral project or the energia II. 

You can build Buran, just not an Energia - Yet. Someone who has a pinned thread this month has one on the docket.

Just now, TimothyC said:

You can build Buran, just not an Energia - Yet. Someone who has a pinned thread this month has one on the docket.

I know that but i am asking if there are orbiters other than buran,shuttle block II, shuttle, Shuttle block C. Like again the spiral project.

@Abpilot I'd say there's always likely to be more US stuff just because of my general interests, but I do happen to be working on a Russian project right now. I wasn't going to mention it yet as it'll probably take me a long time to finish, but I'm making parts based on the LKS to be used with Beale's new Proton. The max payload is about 1.875m so it'll make for a nice medium sized shuttle.

pd6LBNJ.png

@Drakenex Got a bit demoralized with the engine effects breaking, but I'm still plugging along. Here's a little progress shot of the Orbus 6

vng7Jer.png

19 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Can't wait for your IUS to make a proper STS -26

That's STS-26R, not STS-26. STS-26, more commonly referred to as STS-51-F, was a Spacelab mission.

After NASA transitioned to the STS-[FY][Launch Site]-[Yearly Mission Count] system externally, the internal count was continued. This resulted in discontinuities as STS-10, 12, 15, 16, 18, 21, 22, & 29 were cancelled. Even though there was no STS-29 originally flown, Post Challenger, STS-29 still received an R suffix, just like all of the missions up through STS-33R and -31R (31R flew after -33R, as did -32R).

SO I kinda felt for Pak with the way the new 1.4.1 screws up the effects . Before anyone kicks off , i'm not trying to tell anyone how to , or diss Pak for his epic mod , just thought i'd chuck me hat in the ring an maybe be helpful .

Full Description of what I Did is inthe About part of the Video .

Edited by Puggonaut 2

@Puggonaut That looks pretty good actually. I may end up using that or something built off of it. Thanks

Either way you inspired me to dig into the issue more and I was able to solve my problem. With 1.4 it seems like some of the effects are ignoring the parent part's scale in unity and looking at the original 3d file instead. My stuff was all based on a unit-less size from way back when I started this mod in 0.9 or whatever. With whatever changed in 1.4 that scale for those effects decides it's 10% so making the effected engines 10x bigger in 3dmax make the effects match the proper scale.

Anyway I'm going through and fixing that stuff. To celebrate here's some more progress shots of the IUS

screenshot12.pngqkZxH61.png

5 hours ago, Pak said:

@Puggonaut That looks pretty good actually. I may end up using that or something built off of it. Thanks

Either way you inspired me to dig into the issue more and I was able to solve my problem. With 1.4 it seems like some of the effects are ignoring the parent part's scale in unity and looking at the original 3d file instead. My stuff was all based on a unit-less size from way back when I started this mod in 0.9 or whatever. With whatever changed in 1.4 that scale for those effects decides it's 10% so making the effected engines 10x bigger in 3dmax make the effects match the proper scale.

Anyway I'm going through and fixing that stuff. To celebrate here's some more progress shots of the IUS

screenshot12.pngqkZxH61.png

No worries , glad I could help out your shuttle mod has a saved a lot of my Kerbals an taught me how to dock .

3 hours ago, Daylight4449 said:

hello! when will this mod be updated for 1.4.1?

Daylight4449,

Generally speaking most Mods will have the KSP version in the Title of the Thread...so "[1.4.1] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle" ... [1.4.1] is the KSP version, but remember a Mod may required some mods that not be updated yet.

1.4 updates for Mk3 and Block II are both available on Spacedock now.

CA - Mk3 Shuttle Pack v1.4.1

• MMU Construction port added
  • Engine effects fixed for 1.4.1
  • RCS plumes fixed for OMS Pods and MMU

u2CbxpD.png

And the Block II orbiter has been added to Spacedock along with fixes for 1.4

CA - Mk3 Shuttle Pack v0.2

qPGYvTr.png

n5DMTmm.png

Good luck! I'll update craft files tomorrow

screenshot5.png

Space truck brought to you by Blackheart's Grounded (Link)

Edited by Pak

1 hour ago, Modding Maniac said:

does not let me change texture, could this be a mod conflict?

Maybe? First I would check if you have multiple versions of Firespitter (multiple dlls or a dll and a Firespitter folder). That's usually the cause. If that isn't it I'm not really sure of anything that is incompatible with FS.

Added the Block II Shuttle to my craft files for anyone interested

BByV2je.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.