[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

12 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Are you planning to switch over to the new stock texture/mesh switch or stick with firespitter?

If this isn't too much work I'd love this, it would be one less .dll to load.

@frencrs @Z3R0_0NL1N3

I have to look into it more, but I don't think so. The stock switcher is very limited and while I'd prefer to use that I would just need a different plug-in for mirroring my wings. I am going to see if I can make it work though.

Here's some bonus progress shots of the LKS. Models are mostly done and I'm starting textures on the cockpit.

This thing is so cute

Roughly 2.5m cross section with a 1.875m payload capacity. Gameplay-wise it'll come a tier or two before the shuttle/buran and function as a light station builder and satellite launcher. Designed to launch atop Beale's Proton or any other 2.5m lifter

WwGzfKW.png

Xn7VkVX.png

5 hours ago, Pak said:

@frencrs @Z3R0_0NL1N3

I have to look into it more, but I don't think so. The stock switcher is very limited and while I'd prefer to use that I would just need a different plug-in for mirroring my wings. I am going to see if I can make it work though.

Here's some bonus progress shots of the LKS. Models are mostly done and I'm starting textures on the cockpit.

This thing is so cute

Roughly 2.5m cross section with a 1.875m payload capacity. Gameplay-wise it'll come a tier or two before the shuttle/buran and function as a light station builder and satellite launcher. Designed to launch atop Beale's Proton or any other 2.5m lifter

WwGzfKW.png

Xn7VkVX.png

Aww, this is so cute! :D And it's soooo good that we'll have mid-sized spaceplanes that aren't in the (IMO) restrictive Mk 2 format.

23 hours ago, Pak said:

@frencrs @Z3R0_0NL1N3

This thing is so cute

WwGzfKW.png

Xn7VkVX.png

What a little cutie!

*pinches cheeks*

Were you aware that there was another shuttle pack called the mark 2.5 space plane   parts  which has been out for a long time? There is also a pack of tanks made by munar industries which go along very nicely with it and would probably go along very nicely with these as well.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I was so happy to learn that this mod was updated for 1.4.1; shuttle missions are always a fun challenge (and hugely nostalgic to me, as STS is the space program I grew up watching on TV) and your parts are gorgeous and functional—the MMUs are especially fun. I think the only complaint I have is the lack of suitable landing gear; the stock gears don't close flush unless you clip them up into the fuselage, which makes them stick up inside the payload bay or over the top of the wings. Do you have any recommendations for mods that add more shuttle-like gears, or plans to make your own? 

Edited by Kirk0007

On 3/27/2018 at 8:23 PM, Kirk0007 said:

I was so happy to learn that this mod was updated for 1.4.1; shuttle missions are always a fun challenge (and hugely nostalgic to me, as STS is the space program I grew up watching on TV) and your parts are gorgeous and functional—the MMUs are especially fun. I think the only complaint I have is the lack of suitable landing gear; the stock gears don't close flush unless you clip them up into the fuselage, which makes them stick up inside the payload bay or over the top of the wings. Do you have any recommendations for mods that add more shuttle-like gears, or plans to make your own? 

Check out the .craft file that comes with the mod. It uses small landing gear, clipped inside the wings (they are actually attached to the cargo bay but covered by them). Not a perfect solution but better than having it clipped through the top of the wings or into the bay...

@Kirk0007 Thanks.

Landing gear is one of those things. Even with the great work done by Blackheart to crack into the secrets of stock landing gear they're still a huge pain to build and set up. Plus with how unstable they are in game the pay-off of all that work is still having it bug out and launch your ship back into the air sometimes.

I have about 5 projects going right now and not much time for any of them, so landing gear isn't even on the back-burner at this point. Maybe the refrigerator still. Not saying I would never do it, but I can't say it would be any time soon.

21 hours ago, Pak said:

@Kirk0007 Thanks.

Landing gear is one of those things. Even with the great work done by Blackheart to crack into the secrets of stock landing gear they're still a huge pain to build and set up. Plus with how unstable they are in game the pay-off of all that work is still having it bug out and launch your ship back into the air sometimes.

I have about 5 projects going right now and not much time for any of them, so landing gear isn't even on the back-burner at this point. Maybe the refrigerator still. Not saying I would never do it, but I can't say it would be any time soon.

How is the IUS coming along?

Here's a fun little bug I just noticed, the rudder chute part is showing up as like 15 meters long in the editor. I'm guessing the game is measuring it as if it was deployed.

I don't know if the chute is affected in the game otherwise.

@Pak I don't think so, it's only the drogue chute that's affected. The stock chutes and the CA 2.5m SRB chute are all normal. I don't have any mods installed I could see doing that to one chute part but not any other chute parts, but I'll double check with a fresh install copy.

I wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't spun it around, otherwise the length is hidden along the length of the shuttle.

4 minutes ago, Hunony said:

hey, can you update for 1.4.2? because for me a lot of parts are missing

Did you install this mod correctly? And did you installed all dependencies (download them separately for the neweset version)?

Also: do not ask for updates. PAK is working on this and it is done when it is done.

8 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Did you install this mod correctly? And did you installed all dependencies (download them separately for the neweset version)?

Also: do not ask for updates. PAK is working on this and it is done when it is done.

ugh ok then srry, i just updated for 1.4.2 and got to reinstall some mods

Edited by Hunony

@Hunony

1.4.2 doesn't effect this stuff (doesn't even have a Spacedock?CKAN tag yet) so updating this mod would be me changing the thread title. Missing parts is a different issue. Likely misplaced folders or an old version of firespitter

I'm having a strange interaction with the MK3 Block II CERV and Scatterer 0.0329. I'm on a clean 1.4.2 and installed the latest Cormorant and the Block II add-on with the included Firespitter dll along with MM 3.0.6. When Scatterer is installed, I get NullRef spam when using the CERV pod. When I uninstall Scatter the NullRef goes away. Any help understanding this problem would be appreciated. I've attached my output log here.

1 hour ago, Pak said:

@Hunony

1.4.2 doesn't effect this stuff (doesn't even have a Spacedock?CKAN tag yet) so updating this mod would be me changing the thread title. Missing parts is a different issue. Likely misplaced folders or an old version of firespitter

did just fixed i installed firespiter and the problem was gone, but when i was at 1.3.1 with everything installed the MK3 shuttle II was with a missing part

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.