[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

16 hours ago, w1r3dh4ck3r said:

You see that is something that frustrates me to no end, I'm not a guru and I'm trying to have fun with the game, got super excited by the shuttle but... how TH do I install this thing? it did not work when I treated it as a normal mod... :(

You must install it like any other mod: download Shuttle Lifting Body and copy the Cormorant Aeronology folder(inside the Cormorant Aeronology 1.3x folder) to your GameData.

2 minutes ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

Interesting, but why are there rudders on the side and it has jet engines unlike the real Space Shuttle?

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6348.0;a

It's the proposed Block II Shuttle modified with Jet engines, but why it's strapped to a filthy Kommunist rocket I have no clue

3 minutes ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

So it looks like the Block II Shuttle is much bigger than the other shuttles, because the crew cabin is small compared to everything else, and it can hold a total of 10 people.

Block II shuttle is the same size as the normal one. The interior is just rearranged.

8 minutes ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

Could anybody explain the picture for me, I don't get it. Why is there an empty space in front of the cargo bay where the cabin is. And is the craft above the whole shuttle a mini orbiter?

And don't forget to give me damns!

In the event of an emergency, the crew cabin detaches from the rest of the stack (think of, say, the Apollo abort system. Only the crew module detaches) and can land independently. In order to make it so the cabin could detach safely, the large single tail had to be removed, and replaced by a pair of rudders on the wing tips.

And no, I will not give damns. Stop asking people to give them. Nobody cares.

@TheRedTom I remember hearing once that to give the shuttle jet engines, they would have to be stowed in the cargo bay somehow. I was always suspicious of that, since there on the wing roots is such a nice spot.

I kind of assumed that jet engines wouldn't like reentry heat too much IRL.

Also, what is a "damn" in this context?

By the way, @Pak maybe you should add a "Buran parts are available in AB launchers even if it says 1.1 or LCA" to the OP, since it's one of the most frequently asked questions.

35 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

By the way, @Pak maybe you should add a "Buran parts are available in AB launchers even if it says 1.1 or LCA" to the OP, since it's one of the most frequently asked questions.

It can be a little problematic as the mod isn't supported anymore, both of the authors are gone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.