[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

2 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@Pak: I think Bruce Kerman is ready to fly the MMU. :D

If it's uploaded, I have plans involving 64k. ;)

Same bro ;) just mocks week now, but that sure helps with waiting. Keeps me busy :P 

Edited by MrMeeb

1 minute ago, davidy12 said:

Amen brother. 

PS: @MrMeeb: You wouldn't happen to have a subassembly for a robot arm. I can never get it in the configuration I want.

I did have a few back in 1.0.4, but they were never in subassemblies and I don't really want to go and find them. PM me about configuration problems and I'll see if I can offer some suggestions

Just now, MrMeeb said:

I did have a few back in 1.0.4, but they were never in subassemblies and I don't really want to go and find them. PM me about configuration problems and I'll see if I can offer some suggestions

It's not the config: I just

1.) No clue how to assemble it

2.) Where's the mod?

3 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

It's not the config: I just

1.) No clue how to assemble it

2.) Where's the mod?

Ahhhh I see. Well, you have a few options. The most popular one is to use Infernal Robotics. This provides a load of robotic parts. You can then further the amount of parts with RKE Kanadarm. I generally use a combination of these two to make mine, as do most people. However, you can also get a more accurate Canadarm too. While this is more realistic in scale and performance, making your own can make it capable of more and easier to use. It's up to you :) 

2 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Ahhhh I see. Well, you have a few options. The most popular one is to use Infernal Robotics. This provides a load of robotic parts. You can then further the amount of parts with RKE Kanadarm. I generally use a combination of these two to make mine, as do most people. However, you can also get a more accurate Canadarm too. While this is more realistic in scale and performance, making your own can make it capable of more and easier to use. It's up to you :) 

I'd prefer the most stockalike solution.

Can you provide me with a diagram on how to build it please?

2 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

I'd prefer the most stockalike solution.

Can you provide me with a diagram on how to build it please?

If you download Infernal Robotics and RKE Kanadarm, and then look at the photo on the Canadarm link, you could probably have a fair stab at it yourself :) I'm afraid I don't really have time to get a more KSP specific diagram

Just now, MrMeeb said:

If you download Infernal Robotics and RKE Kanadarm, and then look at the photo on the Canadarm link, you could probably have a fair stab at it yourself :) I'm afraid I don't really have time to get a more KSP specific diagram

Got it, I actually found a diagram. :D I'll give it a shot.

Still, @Pak. I'm prepping for flight on the first MMU.

Still a bit of work to do but I'm out of time for now. Here's the file for people that want to try it out early.

https://github.com/Pak84/Cormorant-Aeronology

M5G2Pxb.jpg?1

The balance on the RCS isn't perfect yet but it's good enough for now. Use low thrust (Caps Lock) when you don't have a payload to keep from moving off target.

The back of the craft counts as a Docking Port Junior for grabbing modules.

A word of warning: A high speed impact on the kerbal will cause him to 'break' and the craft will spin wildly forever. I added a probe core so you can turn off systems if it happens, but the kerbal gets stuck in the seat (kind of like a high speed rover crash). Make sure you're quick saving while working! I'll look for ways to avoid this in the future.

Highly recommend using the SAS fix to reduce the small craft jiggles, but it's manageable without.

Stock Bug Fixes by Claw

Enjoy and good luck!

8 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@MrMeeb: Just curious, I don't want to use the arms that require docking ports, is their anyway to modify them so they can grab on to anything?

Also if you go to the IR page again you should be able to download something like a Utilitron its in the extras and that can grab onto anything too

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.