[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

Strange. Just tested it on a clean copy of 1.1 and the parts should work fine without firespitter. They just default to LFO instead of being able to switch fuels. I can't speak to how they do in the air though. Haven't gotten into how much aero has changed yet.

1.1 release happened to line up with finals of a college class for me but I'm still plugging away. We're gettin' there.

WArc31K.png

1 minute ago, Pak said:

Strange. Just tested it on a clean copy of 1.1 and the parts should work fine without firespitter. They just default to LFO instead of being able to switch fuels. I can't speak to how they do in the air though. Haven't gotten into how much aero has changed yet.

1.1 release happened to line up with finals of a college class for me but I'm still plugging away. We're gettin' there.

WArc31K.png

Oh...My...Jebadiah Kerman.

Those new parts look amazing! How's that bay docking adapter coming along? I think I spied it in that picture.

Small request: can you make the flags on the side larger? (As well as on the wings if you ever do them.) The Kamericans certainly want to show of their nationalistic pride.

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

Aero Testing continues...

aHjgqD3.png

In other news. Got the OMS Engines, Airlock and MMU into 1.1

gcq2rLg.png

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement guys. Pretty much all that's left is fixing the aero, balancing fuel values and career mode stuff, and cleaning up the cfgs for release

On 4/25/2016 at 6:36 PM, Pak said:
Spoiler

gcq2rLg.png

On 2/16/2016 at 11:41 AM, Pak said:

Point taken and it turns out I agree. I added the mounting panels on the sides, but they have the same gizmo bug as cargo bays. Maybe something to do with colliders being inside of the boundary of the whole object. I might keep them anyway since they give enough space to place a docking port without it poking through the side.

Spoiler

bA8DhCb.jpg

The new airlock looks great, and that's the part I'm most excited for!

What did happen to those side panels, though? Did you decide against them, and, if so, is the MMU still going to be attached by a Clamp-O-Tron Jr? Perhaps you can add a dedicated node for it to attach by KIS.

Secondly, if you want to consider future feature requests, I suggest a stockalike robotic arm, and sized and styled to fit with the space shuttle.

4 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Secondly, if you want to consider future feature requests, I suggest a stockalike robotic arm, and sized and styled to fit with the space shuttle.

Search for RKE Kanada arm

I'm a big fan of Jeast's Canadarm. That's the one I use when I feel like dealing with IR

Checking out the MMU Rack I whipped up really quick. Has guides to align your MMU after redocking and a handy spare Monoprop tank. (Left is empty, Right has docked MMU)

TMIr4w9.png?1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.