[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

1 hour ago, Pak said:

I'm a big fan of Jeast's Canadarm. That's the one I use when I feel like dealing with IR

Checking out the MMU Rack I whipped up really quick. Has guides to align your MMU after redocking and a handy spare Monoprop tank. (Left is empty, Right has docked MMU)

TMIr4w9.png?1

lhjhbB9.gif

One thing I've heard @TheReadPanda lament about a lack of in the stock game is a rudder capable of splitting to double as a speedbrake, a-la the real space-shuttle. Perhaps you could (via RealChutes) squeeze a drag-chute into the root of the tail-fin? (I believe that's where the real space-shuttle's drag-chute was stowed until landing) and I'm pretty sure RealChutes has a setting to make it deploy automatically on touchdown, which means you could arm the drag-chute BEFORE landing and it'd automatically open when the wheels hit the runway.

Last shuttle I made I put on two rudders, about half clipped into each other, then set the deploys appropriately and linked then to the brakes action key.  Worked like a charm.

Oh, and the drag chute, I think you can get a real chute to attach on the base of the rudder, or you can pop a regular one on the center attachment node between the engines.

Edited by tg626

5 hours ago, Pak said:

Update posted to Spacedock and Curseforge. 

Spacedock Shuttle Lifting Body

Good luck and enjoy. Let me know if you find any weird little stuff I missed

I'll be moving things over to a new release thread when I can. 

I might try a clean install, but in 1.0.5 shuttle parts do not appear.

Does work with 1.1

Edited by Sgt.Shutesie

No sound effect when activating the oms engine... no highlight when hovering over it either.  Flies well and works well however...  

Does the MMU dock with the Clamp-o-tron Jr?

No MMU here but...

1F3R6Tx.png

Edited by tg626

Sounds work fine for me. Those are all stock so shouldn't have any issues unless something else is modifying that.

None of the parts highlight right now actually. I forgot to change my textures back to KSP/diffuse which does the highlighting.  It'll be swapped out next patch

55 minutes ago, trooperMNG said:

Can someone share a working shuttle using this mod? I have trouble setting CoM and CoL with the boosters and ET!

Shouldn't that not be a problem with vectors. I mean, that's how the real shuttle overcame the problem :wink: 

13 hours ago, tg626 said:

See 4th bullet point in this post

oops, my bad.

Ok, only short shuttle(s) for now.

LoL.

Thanks for pointing that out for me.  Somehow i missed the post.

Just shows never enough coffee or bacon.

Cheers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.