[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

After messing up with Module Manager I got this:

I set the box for 600 supplies. That means 100 units per Kerbal (4 in the cockpit and 2 in the air lock)

With default configuration USI Life Support Kerbals eat 10 supplies per day, so that will mean 10 days for all Kerbals. So two boxes will give more 20 days of supplies.

By default, USI LS adds 10 days of supplies for each cockpit in KSP, so with two boxes the Shuttle will have an endurance of 30 days.

The test I run here worked fine, but that was one of the first times I did such file, and most did it by copying and pasting from others, so if you find errors, I'm very sorry

@PART[CAfoodS]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
	@category = Utility

RESOURCE
			{
				name = Supplies
				amount = 600
				maxAmount = 600
			}

RESOURCE
			{
				name = Mulch
				amount = 0
				maxAmount = 300
			}
}

@PART[mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
{
  RESOURCE
  {
    name = Supplies
    amount = 100
    @amount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
    maxAmount = 100
    @maxAmount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
  }
  RESOURCE
  {
    name = Mulch
    amount = 0
    @amount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
    maxAmount = 50
    @maxAmount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
  }
}

7 hours ago, Frednoeyes said:

Keep up the excellent work!

4 hours ago, JPurp said:

I am loving seeing a stock alike STS.

Thanks guys, glad you like it.

6 hours ago, FellipeC said:

After messing up with Module Manager I got this:

Sounds perfect! I'll do a quick test and toss it in the next release.

I just have to say that I LOVE YOUR MOD. In my opinion your mod offers the best and most stock-a-like low count part solution to making Shuttles. I tell everyone about your shuttle lifting body because it's the best. Keep up the good work and I look forward to future parts. Now the CSA needs to grind faster to get the shuttle tech in my save. 

And thank you for the SNACKS mod support. :)

-DaGuy

Just now, minepagan said:

Dowbload the DIRECT mod for the ET and SRBs

No thanks. I dont like that mod and it adds way too much that Im not going to use (meaning more work for me to prune out stuff I dont need, (already had to do it for Meeb's SPT mod only needed the wings, ailerons and CRG-150 (which you can see above)). Plus Pak's stack will likely be balanced better and require me to not have to balance things...

15 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

No thanks. I dont like that mod and it adds way too much that Im not going to use (meaning more work for me to prune out stuff I dont need, (already had to do it for Meeb's SPT mod only needed the wings, ailerons and CRG-150 (which you can see above)). Plus Pak's stack will likely be balanced better and require me to not have to balance things...

If you are upset about being inconvenienced, don't become an inconvenience for others.

5 hours ago, minepagan said:

If you are upset about being inconvenienced, don't become an inconvenience for others.

Pak literally liked my post. It was a light-hearted fun post and you need to calm yourself. Ive not begged for any thing, Ive not bothered Pak for anything. You are the one who came in and gave unsolicited advice (and bad advice at that).

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!! This is one of the best mods hands down, it takes the stock shuttle parts and makes them absolutely fantastic.

Here's a tip, for anyone that loves this mod: combine it with the CxAerospace Station parts mod and you can use the shuttles to construct ISS like stations.

FkP9A7J.jpg

Some shots of the two mods in 1.1.3

http://imgur.com/a/go6IV

Edited by frencrs

1 hour ago, Avalon304 said:

Pak literally liked my post. It was a light-hearted fun post and you need to calm yourself. Ive not begged for any thing, Ive not bothered Pak for anything. You are the one who came in and gave unsolicited advice (and bad advice at that).

So.. what's your recommendation while he releases the stack? I've tried Direct but as you said is a pain to balance. Thanks!

@PakGreat to see this mod growing! I've lost track of this long ago and now that I've found it again goes to thew most have list.

50 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

So.. what's your recommendation while he releases the stack?

You can do it with the stock Nasa tanks and 2.5m liquid engine boosters.

or

DIRECT ET with the separate tanks so you can control fuel flow (ie. save the nose fuel for last)

Fuel Tanks Plus. 3.75m tanks have plenty of fuel or you could use tweakscale for 5m and take some of the fuel out.

There's other 5ish meter parts out there too. Anything would work really. Depending on the dry mass of the part, you should need about 13000 LFO to make orbit. I just hacked a mess together from BDB parts the other day and managed to limp into orbit.

Edited by Pak

1 hour ago, Pak said:

You can do it with the stock Nasa tanks and 2.5m liquid engine boosters.

or

DIRECT ET with the separate tanks so you can control fuel flow (ie. save the nose fuel for last)

Fuel Tanks Plus. 3.75m tanks have plenty of fuel or you could use tweakscale for 5m and take some of the fuel out.

There's other 5ish meter parts out there too. Anything would work really. Depending on the dry mass of the part, you should need about 13000 LFO to make orbit. I just hacked a mess together from BDB parts the other day and managed to limp into orbit.

ohh Direct was revamped!  I guess is @CobaltWolfand all his awesomeness distracted me from the scene! Thanks, I'll give it a try

Edited by Drakenex

1 hour ago, Drakenex said:

So.. what's your recommendation while he releases the stack? I've tried Direct but as you said is a pain to balance. Thanks!

Personally, my plan is to wait for the CA stack. Plain and simple. Im more than content to wait.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.