[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

3 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Then again it does allow you to make sure the craft is properly balanced.

yes it is, but only if you build the craft one way.. if someone else makes another desogn, it will be unbalanced. Now every have just to do it for them self

19 hours ago, DrLicor said:

yes it is, but only if you build the craft one way.. if someone else makes another desogn, it will be unbalanced. Now every have just to do it for them self

I mean... we are talking about a space shuttle replica... theres really only one way to build it. Im not saying either way is better, just that each has their pluses and minuses.

I am also 100% for having an attachment node. The "lego" frame of mind that Tantares uses is something that I really think helps guide my ship design, because, after all, I do think of it as a replica craft.

Landing gear would do okay with or without nodes. Having nodes would make sense if there was a cutout in the wing, which could be a possibility to make the tiling be flush later; however the Buran's nose gear is placed differently, so it's fine to do without.

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

I honestly think going for a completely  kit-build shuttle would totally defeat the purpose of the mod: to make a realistic yet still stockalike, flexible shuttle. In fact, this is what I love about this pack as well as others like it, such as BDB: they add a set of parts that allow you to kit-build spacecraft, but are also generic/flexible enough to use with other stuff. Heck, even the KSO mod is starting to move towards this approach by depreciating the original 2 space shuttles and replacing them with a single, flexible (yet still VERY kit-buildy) shuttle. It would seem pointless (heck, even ludicrous) to take a step back into a rut that this mods' while intention was to avoid.

58 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

I honestly think going for a completely  kit-build shuttle would totally defeat the purpose of the mod: to make a realistic yet still stockalike, flexible shuttle. In fact, this is what I love about this pack as well as others like it, such as BDB: they add a set of parts that allow you to kit-build spacecraft, but are also generic/flexible enough to use with other stuff. Heck, even the KSO mod is starting to move towards this approach by depreciating the original 2 space shuttles and replacing them with a single, flexible (yet still VERY kit-buildy) shuttle. It would seem pointless (heck, even ludicrous) to take a step back into a rut that this mods' while intention was to avoid.

Not really. At all.

Edited by Avalon304

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

@JoseEduardo I don't believe the Block II Shuttle design would support it, with the pop-off cockpit...

uUO3UP5.jpg

Eridanus also has a eject-able cockpit (and a LAS tower, a bit weird to see that in a shuttle to be honest), that's why I was wondering if it would be possible to have a cockpit with a similar nose-docking ability as Eridanus

@Pak, what do you use to edit the textures, and could you share with me the source files? Looking at that PDF I sent earlier, I would like to make some alternate textures for myself to identify the different orbiters.

I don't know how well just editing the .dds would come out with the alpha channel stuff.

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

4 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

@Pak, what do you use to edit the textures, and could you share with me the source files? Looking at that PDF I sent earlier, I would like to make some alternate textures for myself to identify the different orbiters.

I don't know how well just editing the .dds would come out with the alpha channel stuff.

I imagine Pak uses Photoshop (with the Nvidia DDS tools) to edit his textures.

Yeah I use photoshop.

I'm currently redoing most of the textures (mostly on the technical end, they won't look much different) so it probably won't be worth putting time into edits right now.

They're also pretty old and use methods that don't really play nice with edits so I'd like to get that sorted out too if I can.

If you still want to try you can PM me the details and I can see if it's possible with the current stuff.

2 hours ago, Pak said:

Yeah I use photoshop.

I'm currently redoing most of the textures (mostly on the technical end, they won't look much different) so it probably won't be worth putting time into edits right now.

They're also pretty old and use methods that don't really play nice with edits so I'd like to get that sorted out too if I can.

If you still want to try you can PM me the details and I can see if it's possible with the current stuff.

I'll wait for the revamp, in that case. Really I wanted to edit some of the tiling, and add optional livery.

I don't have Photoshop, (which I know makes it a bit more difficult) so the textures open too transparent to be editable.

1 hour ago, DaGuyAboveYou said:

Kennedy Space Center pictures

Sounds great! I'm working on the ET and SRBs right now, but I'd love to see whatever you get.

Happy anniversary/birthday/vacation/Christmas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.