[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

1 hour ago, Frednoeyes said:

How exactly are you getting different flags to appear on each wing?

By installing 

Then I put the custom flags in the Squad\flags folder. Then edit all the sticker decal configs from Decal stickers and add those flags in.

I named one flag to Discovery_1
Find the textureNames line in the config and put this in:

textureNames = (alot of flags) ; Flags\Discovery_1 ; etc..

Edited by damonvv

On 12/10/2016 at 0:35 PM, davidy12 said:

@Pak, just a note, I'd keep the SRBs at 1.875m. :wink:

I scale 1:0.625m and round to the nearest stock or otherwise used size. Shuttle boosters scale to 2.3m. So much closer to 2.5 than 1.875

ET is 5.0m

SRBs are 2.5m

LRBs for Block 2 and Buran will be 3.125m (mostly to save on parts)

All the major stuff is done and I'm in the seemingly endless tweaking, and fixing phase. This has been a huge project but I'm starting to see the light.

Outside of the most recent payload parts everything has been cleaned up, retextured and updated in some way. I can't wait to get all this finished and pushed out to you guys.

A2SExBG.png?1

1 hour ago, PickledTripod said:

3.125m tanks covered in orange foam... Sounds like they could be repurposed to build a correctly scaled Delta IV :D

They....they aren't orange.....

EDIT:

50_Sur_le_pas_de_tir_On_the_launch_pad_p

Spoiler

Ok, so the Shuttle Bl2 ones might be...

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6348.0;attach=1202100;image

Edited by minepagan
Fine....

@minepagan correct me if im wrong , but isn't the picture you posted the Energia project. I believe they used it on the Buran launch. But i might be wrong. 

@Pak You are doing an AMAZING job sir, cant wait to see/play with the upcoming version. Just want to say thank you very much, and that your Shuttle project brings back a lot of good memories. 

IMO the SRBs should be 1.875m since the real ET was 8.4m and the SRBs 3.7, so under half the size. That would make them more proportional. Same for the LRBs, they would look a bit too big at 3.125. 

TjwW5z2.jpg

Just a thought though, looking forward to playing around with these parts.

Cheers

Edited by _Krieger_

14 hours ago, mechanicH said:

@minepagan correct me if im wrong , but isn't the picture you posted the Energia project. I believe they used it on the Buran launch. But i might be wrong. 

The Energia *was* the launcher for Buran....it's like Saturn V is to Apollo.

Its just that the only good pictures I found where the boosters weren't obscured were in the Energia-TKS configuration, not Energia-Buran.

Not like I looked very hard, but regardless...

For whoever mentioned the SRBs being SPT scale, which is around 1.875m (it isn't an actual scale I have them at, just a percentage increase from 1.25m), the reason they're that size in SPT is not because that's the right diameter, but more because if I were to go any wider, the boosters would be too long in relation to the rest of the stack. The decision for the SRBs to be 2.5m is fine. If you want to have your baby boosters, you can always make a cfg to rescale them

@awsumindyman

Outside of Kerbalism I don't really do compatibility patches. I can't say I'd never do a patch for (insert mod), but if you'd like to see something supported I'd recommend making it and sending it over.

All the 1.875 sympathizers will have to go...do something. I don't know.

2.5m is a little big as expected since 5m is rounded down and 2.5m is rounded up, but it fits the profile much better. 

YpPG3ya.png?1

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

We'll all wait for @MrMeeb to update SPT.

Other than that, it all looks great! Are those Mk2 wings, and is that the stock sized cargo bay?

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I will not be providing 1.875m versions of these SRBs. 

Are you guys playing with this mod and nothing else or what? If you really want 1.875m SRBs there's the Titan IV boosters from BDB that should be good enough. And for 2.5m LFBs you can use AB Launchers's or one of the dozens other mods that provides 2.5m parts.

42 minutes ago, PickledTripod said:

Are you guys playing with this mod and nothing else or what? If you really want 1.875m SRBs there's the Titan IV boosters from BDB that should be good enough. And for 2.5m LFBs you can use AB Launchers's or one of the dozens other mods that provides 2.5m parts.

People like things that are asthetically accurate 

1 hour ago, Cdw2468 said:

Not to mention self sufficiency: by not relying on other part mods, Comorant Aeronology doesn't have to worry about finding replacements if one of its dependencies goes under.

2 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

A very good point... Every one like things to be how THEY like them...
However, bringing it up and suggesting it ONCE may be ok, but repeatedly arguing with or badgering the mod dev after they have clearly stated its NOT something they want to pursue, is counter productive.

If that does not satisfy them, then they are free to make their own, to their OWN liking...

44 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

Not to mention self sufficiency: by not relying on other part mods, Comorant Aeronology doesn't have to worry about finding replacements if one of its dependencies goes under.

I'm sorry... I must be missing how this relates to the scale of parts that Pak wishes to include/NOT include in HIS mod...??

3 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

What are your aesthetics? If they're historically accurate aesthetics, you may want to take a closer look at the picture Pak posted earlier, in which he made a size comparison between the real one (to scale), his 2.5m one, and a 1.875m one. There you can see his 2.5m ones are more accurate 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.