[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

3 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

A very good point... Every one like things to be how THEY like them...
However, bringing it up and suggesting it ONCE may be ok, but repeatedly arguing with or badgering the mod dev after they have clearly stated its NOT something they want to pursue, is counter productive.

If that does not satisfy them, then they are free to make their own, to their OWN liking...

I'm sorry... I must be missing how this relates to the scale of parts that Pak wishes to include/NOT include in HIS mod...??

I'm just point long out a possible flaw in the suggestion, I'm not trying to badger anyone. Not saying there's anything wrong with doing it

@Cdw2468 I wasnt directing my comment at you specifically... :)
Just saying, it was brought up, and I think Pak gave his thoughts on the matter, so further discussion trying to convince him other wise, by anyone, is probably not conducive beyond that point.... and NOT just in this case, either... I've seen similar discussions on other mods' threads recently, that went beyond the point of being helpful...

3 hours ago, damonvv said:

How stable is the new shuttle with payload? I spend hours getting mine to fly more or less stable in a way it wont flip most of the time.

I mean, it *should* be more stable since now the boosters will be custom-made, rather than borrowed from another mod.

Merry 1.0 Release Day!

6FGv2WM.png

Illustrations by @Lydesigns

5VYmuXr.png

Be sure to check out the OP for new shuttle guides and other useful stuff

I'm finally at a point with this Mod that I'm happy to call it a full release. We'll be moving over to the Add-on Release forum

I started out with 2 parts a little over a year ago and didn't really plan on anything else. Outside of the stock cockpit and cargobay I can build an entire shuttle stack with just my work.

Thanks to those that have stuck around through the development and offered new ideas that helped shape CA into what it is.

And special thanks to all the other Mod devs I talk to on a daily basis to share ideas, processes and help fight through the more frustrating kerbal modules.

As most know development doesn't stop here. Continued work on the Mk3 Shuttle and a bunch of new separate Addons including the Shuttle Block II, full Buran/Energia, Shuttle-C, and 3 new shuttles inspired by early space program concept art will keep me busy for a long time

Good luck in space!

45 minutes ago, Pak said:

Merry 1.0 Release Day!

6FGv2WM.png

Illustrations by @Lydesigns

5VYmuXr.png

Be sure to check out the OP for new shuttle guides and other useful stuff

I'm finally at a point with this Mod that I'm happy to call it a full release. We'll be moving over to the Add-on Release forum

I started out with 2 parts a little over a year ago and didn't really plan on anything else. Outside of the stock cockpit and cargobay I can build an entire shuttle stack with just my work.

Thanks to those that have stuck around through the development and offered new ideas that helped shape CA into what it is.

And special thanks to all the other Mod devs I talk to on a daily basis to share ideas, processes and help fight through the more frustrating kerbal modules.

As most know development doesn't stop here. Continued work on the Mk3 Shuttle and a bunch of new separate Addons including the Shuttle Block II, full Buran/Energia, Shuttle-C, and 3 new shuttles inspired by early space program concept art will keep me busy for a long time

Good luck in space!

Pak...you...are...amazing!

Thanks guys.

I forgot to put a craft file up. I'll get it posted some time tonight

Located on the OP now. Currently just has the Mk3 Orbiter. This is a slightly cleaned up version of the craft I used for the vast majority of testing.

BByV2je.png

Edited by Pak

2 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

Is this going to be compatible with cryo engines/tanks? and is it balanced for stock system or x2?

I'm pretty sure that Pak said that Cryo Tanks compatibility is coming.

Balance is for stock system, both the ET and boosters are very underfueled. I haven't tried but don't think a Cormorant shuttle could go much higher than LKO.

The models and textures look awesome, but I hope there will be "fully-fueled" configs available for us rescale players.

7 minutes ago, PickledTripod said:

I'm pretty sure that Pak said that Cryo Tanks compatibility is coming.

Balance is for stock system, both the ET and boosters are very underfueled. I haven't tried but don't think a Cormorant shuttle could go much higher than LKO.

The models and textures look awesome, but I hope there will be "fully-fueled" configs available for us rescale players.

I play in x2 system and I can confirm that it is almost impossible to get into orbit:(

3 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

@Pak, it is a really bad idea to balance against the scale of the system, fuel levels should be balanced again stock parts, for those who like to use rescales (and it just makes more sense).

Why is it a bad idea? I find myself having lots of troubles with mods designing things for RSS that just doesn't work great in normal stock KSP. This is just a 1.0 release, many things will change. For a mod like this it takes alot of time to get the balance right for a very decent orbit around stock Kerbin. Will take time to get things balanced for RSS or 2x system. Anyone can make a rescaled config and send it to him at any time to speed up the process :wink:

For now, Happy launchings and a verry happy xmas to all!

Spoiler

rVZqZwS.png

Edited by damonvv

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.