[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

6 hours ago, Abhishek Adhikari said:

I am having a problem in the roll maneuver after clearing the tower. As soon as start rolling the whole craft starts wobbling.(SAS was 'on')

Because of this I have to rotate the craft in VAB and then lauch it.

Can anybody help?

Use Atmospheric Autopilot. Rolls like a dream

On 1/11/2017 at 2:35 AM, Abhishek Adhikari said:

I am having a problem in the roll maneuver after clearing the tower. As soon as start rolling the whole craft starts wobbling.(SAS was 'on')

Can anybody help?

I think that the real shuttle did the initial roll with the SRBs, so make it so you can disable the gimbal on the SSMEs with action groups.

34 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

Hi, I would like to edit the shuttle cockpit so that it can use the 2 seats in the back of it like the the mk3 can be a 6 seater with mods. I have been looking all around your files and cant find the shuttle cockpit cfg.

that's because there's no cockpit, it only has a nose and that's it. If you want 2 extra seats, you need to make a MM-config for the MK3 cockpit or edit the orginal config. This one can be found in .....GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\mk3CockpitShuttle.
Hope this helped :) 

Or just download this :) (don't know if it works in 1.2.2 though)
https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/235281-seat-mk3-cockpit

Edited by DrLicor

3 hours ago, DrLicor said:

This does work in 1.2.2, although I wish it had 8 seats to accurately simulate the real shuttle. Beggars can't be choosers:huh:

Edited by Cdw2468

27 minutes ago, Cdw2468 said:

This does work in 1.2.2, although I wish it had 8 seats to accurately simulate the real shuttle. Beggars can't be choosers:huh:

You could easily edit the crew capacity to 8 (or 10 for buran) in the CFG, but only the first 6 would have IVA portraits.

5 hours ago, DrLicor said:

that's because there's no cockpit, it only has a nose and that's it. If you want 2 extra seats, you need to make a MM-config for the MK3 cockpit or edit the orginal config. This one can be found in .....GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\mk3CockpitShuttle.
Hope this helped :) 

i just figured out that it was another mod that uses you parts but I deleted it now anyway, 

4 hours ago, minepagan said:

You could easily edit the crew capacity to 8 (or 10 for buran) in the CFG, but only the first 6 would have IVA portraits.

The no IVA is a pet peeve of mine, so I usually don't edit crew capacity 

12 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

The no IVA is a pet peeve of mine, so I usually don't edit crew capacity 

Wait...didnt that mod add the 2 seats to the fligt deck? Wasnt there 2 more in the middeck area to make 8? (Between the hatches)

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Frednoeyes said:

Agreed. Here, 'ave a pretty shot from my STS-1 mission.

-snip-

Well happy launchings!

Also, beat me :wink:

Spoiler

-snip other 107 missions-
NG5YTCL.png

Edited by damonvv

On 11.1.2017 at 8:35 AM, Abhishek Adhikari said:

Can anybody help?

When you're in VAB, click on a part and look for 'Autostrut:____' set it to anything other than "Disabled" and activate "Rigid Attachment" or something like that, if you have done that your craft shouldn't wobble

This mod is great! I looked for some Stockalike Space Shuttle parts ages ago but I sadly missed this. And for some, weird KSP  reason, the particles of the SRBs seem to hate me because they refuse to show up  Nope   I just needed to update Real Plume, It's even better now! 

Edited by [MG]Atlas

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.