[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

I reset my password just to say thank you for making this mod, and continuing to develop it. 

I saw a picture of the block II or evolved shuttle recently, and went searching for as much information as possible, and you wouldn't believe how excited I was when I saw your WIP screenshots of the CERV. You're doing gods' work.

Am Having a problem I have downloaded CA And Right Now am trying to make The ISS but Css Is right Now Not work with me to add the Z1 truss and pma-3 I Can`t dock it to the ISS I Have to use the Oms engine to go foward And The Oms pods do nothing rcs wise I Downloaded with ckan PLS Help  am using Version 1.3.0

11 hours ago, Kerbal Tween said:

Am Having a problem I have downloaded CA And Right Now am trying to make The ISS but Css Is right Now Not work with me to add the Z1 truss and pma-3 I Can`t dock it to the ISS I Have to use the Oms engine to go foward And The Oms pods do nothing rcs wise I Downloaded with ckan PLS Help  am using Version 1.3.0

I don't understand. Are you using CSS or CA? The OMS pods have built in RCS. You probably installed that older version which IIRC had broken RCS on the OMS.

Also, @Pak I'm having this problem with FS Texture Switch: When ever I use the thermal/shuttle texture on the Mk.3 Cockpit or landing gear, it reverts to default, but doesn't change the texture's name for the part. Doesn't happen with the cargo bay, as I use the one from @MrMeeb's Shuttle Payload Technologes.

Edited by Bottle Rocketeer 500

3 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

I don't understand. Are you using CSS or CA? The OMS pods have built in RCS. You probably installed that older version which IIRC had broken RCS on the OMS.

Also, @Pak I'm having this problem with FS Texture Switch: When ever I use the thermal/shuttle texture on the Mk.3 Cockpit or landing gear, it reverts to default, but doesn't change the texture's name for the part. Doesn't happen with the cargo bay, as I use the one from @MrMeeb's Shuttle Payload Technologes.

I Said CA First And I Think That I ckan installed the wrong verison :)

4 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Now Got the newest verison of CA For 1.3.0 And Still the Oms Pod doesn`t have any rcs power  And O If You didn`t Notice Am Using 1.3.0..

Edited by KerbalTween

2 hours ago, Kerbal Tween said:

Now Got the newest verison of CA For 1.3.0 And Still the Oms Pod doesn`t have any rcs power  And O If You didn`t Notice Am Using 1.3.0..

I think this is related to another mod which causes errors becaus I used CA (always latest versions) in KSP 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 and it didn`t have such issues. A log-data of your KSP will help a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02.05.2017 at 10:29 PM, minepagan said:

Well Pak did say he was going to give Buran a pass to make it less of a texture set and more of an actual, seperate part set once he's done with Shuttle C (and once Beale makes Energia)

Edit: also, what do you mean about the flaps? They appear to be working as intended in your screenshots.....?

Well Pak did say he was going to give Buran a pass to make it less of a texture set and more of an actual, seperate part set once he's done with Shuttle C (and once Beale makes Energia)

Edit: also, what do you mean about the flaps? They appear to be working as intended in your screenshots.....?

No, I just photographed 2 different parts of the stock flap and flap from the mod Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

• 3 weeks later...

@Z3R0_0NL1N3 I'm good thanks. It's been a busy time for me.

I'm starting to go through things again and figure out what I was doing. My goal is to get a github dev release section set up so I can put that out while I work on the IVA and other stuff that I still need to do.

Here's some stuff I've been working on that I don't think I've posted here.

Flight deck - 2 Crew, 6 passengers --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Top escape hatch and payload bay windows

UPUWZTu.pngURmqk3V.png

Payload bay airlock and all the food live on the mid-deck---------------------------------------------------------------------------And the 2001: A Space MMU. This guy is still in the maybe pile depending on if I can get it working in game how I want.

But it's a crewed space tug with a grabber that docks with the new airlock for heavier space construction

xbJUeWI.pnguwstMtW.gif

For Mk3 Shuttle - A set of decouplers for large stages like the centaur-G

dCBTOH8.png

Edited by Pak

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:16 AM, Pak said:

@Z3R0_0NL1N3 I'm good thanks. It's been a busy time for me.

I'm starting to go through things again and figure out what I was doing. My goal is to get a github dev release section set up so I can put that out while I work on the IVA and other stuff that I still need to do.

Here's some stuff I've been working on that I don't think I've posted here.

Flight deck - 2 Crew, 6 passengers --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Top escape hatch and payload bay windows

UPUWZTu.pngURmqk3V.png

Payload bay airlock and all the food live on the mid-deck---------------------------------------------------------------------------And the 2001: A Space MMU. This guy is still in the maybe pile depending on if I can get it working in game how I want.

But it's a crewed space tug with a grabber that docks with the new airlock for heavier space construction

xbJUeWI.pnguwstMtW.gif

For Mk3 Shuttle - A set of decouplers for large stages like the centaur-G

dCBTOH8.png

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Are the deorbit/landing procedures for this still the same?  I used to (even with FAR) nail the landing--now it seems to glide forever...

I adore this spacecraft by the way--it's the logical progression of CobaltWolf's amazing NASA analogues.

These are two of my "Must-Have" addons.

Edited by slaintemaith

@slaintemaith Should be the same. The aero on the main orbiter hasn't changed since KSP 1.2ish. If you were using it before that it would feel quite a bit different, but KSP aero was quite a bit different back then too.

Glad you like it. I'm sure you'll be back on the runway in no time.

Hey all,

Block II isn't ready for a full Spacedock release yet, but I wanted to make my current Dev build available to those that would like to use it. The stack and orbiter are fully functional and can deliver a whopping 27 tons to LKO.

As stated on the github, please keep in mind this is still in progress and subject to change. I push frequent small updates to this repository but will likely only announce bigger things like additional parts or major changes here.

This is safe to play with in its current state, but I'd recommend not having these parts in flight if you want to download an update just to be safe.

Files are located in the link below. Follow the instructions and enjoy. Hopefully you won't need to use the new LES!

https://github.com/Pak84/CA_B2-Dev-Build

75avn7M.png?1

4TF7uwJ.png?1

I do recommend checking out the craft file for the Mk3 Block II Shuttle located in the link below. It's a bit more complicated than the current shuttle so it could be a helpful tool for understanding the intended 'stock' build.

BByV2je.png

Note: I made a 2.5x patch for the LRBs but haven't been able to test them yet. Once they're ready they will be added here (probably tonight or tomorrow)

I0nHaPC.png

@slaintemaith Correct. FAR can see the general shape of the craft so it'll fly, but for better characteristics the parts need compatibility patches. If you or anyone else are interested in creating those I happily accept community patches.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.