[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

I'm kinda ass at ksp, but this looked sick so I downloaded it and figured it can't be that hard. I was able to get it into orbit but it took like 15 tries, and when i landed I couldn't get the nose up enough and it crashed. 

I looked at the tutorial drawings but they don't really help. can anyone give me tips to fly this thing?

12 minutes ago, Ateballgaming said:

I'm kinda ass at ksp, but this looked sick so I downloaded it and figured it can't be that hard. I was able to get it into orbit but it took like 15 tries, and when i landed I couldn't get the nose up enough and it crashed. 

I looked at the tutorial drawings but they don't really help. can anyone give me tips to fly this thing?

I would highly recommend Gravity Turn for launch. As far as landing, i use MechJeb's Smart A.S.S. set at SVEL+ with 40 degrees pitch. Then, I use a joystick and Atmosphere Autopilot's Fly-by-Wire for the rest of the landing. Learn to use Trajectories for reentry planning.

Somewhere previously in this thread I've posted a full-on MechJeb ascent video and all the parameters for it.  Also a MechJeb Assisted reentry.  I will say that if you're playing stock, those numbers for re-entry are about as perfect as you can get.  Using Trajectories mod to show where you're going to end up (later in the re-entry) and using MechJeb to hold attitude (roll if you need to bleed off speed, keep pitch at 25-40) you should be able to get home every time.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/119951-145-cormorant-aeronology-mk3-space-shuttle/&do=findComment&comment=3410776

Edited by slaintemaith
Added video

On 10/7/2018 at 6:48 PM, GeneralToy said:

How do you install this mod correctly? I installed in game data but the parts don't show up in the game

Unzip the mod's folder into your GameData folder (it's in your KSP directory). The mod should have its own GameData folder, and you want to put all of the files in there into your main GameData. The file structure should look like this:

KSP>GameData>Cormorant Aeronology
                               ModuleManager
                               Firespitter Core

Although if you have some other mods that require MM and Firespitter Core then make sure you only have one in your GameData. Having two could cause things to be weird. I hope that made sense!!

21 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Pak Do you have any plans to incorporate SPT into CA? It'd be really good to revive such a great mod.

The question is does he still have plans to incorporate SPT into CA. In the SPT thread, page number 11 is where theirs some sort of an agreement between MrMeep and Pak where MrMeep was going to send Pak the files.
I realy want to know whats going on with SPT, it seems dead and im not even sure if it still works.

Edited by xD-FireStriker

17 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

The question is does he still have plans to incorporate SPT into CA. In the SPT thread, page number 11 is where theirs some sort of an agreement between MrMeep and Pak where MrMeep was going to send Pak the files.
I realy want to know whats going on with SPT, it seems dead and im not even sure if it still works.

I think it should work. In 1.4.5 it work very well. No need for updates of SPT.

1 minute ago, xD-FireStriker said:

I know, I've been waiting for a while for Pak to merge SPT.

3 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

I think it should work. In 1.4.5 it work very well. No need for updates of SPT.

I've just tested it and sadly it no longer works in 1.4.

16 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I know, I've been waiting for a while for Pak to merge SPT.

I've just tested it and sadly it no longer works in 1.4.

I use SPT since long times and I can say for sure: it works very well in 1.4.x. Which parts are not working in your installation?

Just now, Cheesecake said:

I use SPT since long times and I can say for sure: it works very well in 1.4.x. Which parts are not working in your installation?

Hmm, strange. Only the alternate shuttle cockpit shows up, and I'm not using DIRECT. I'm also using the latest versions of WildBlueTools and DMagic Science Animate. How are you installing the mod?

2 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Are you also using Direct / Redirect? IIRC it's only necessary for some launch vehicle parts, which I don't really want.

Yes and no. It`s no dependencie of SPT.

DIRECT is only need for the Boosters.

Edited by Cheesecake

1 minute ago, Cheesecake said:

What is not working? No Parts? Do you have Firespitter (as far as I know it is an dependecie)?

None of the parts (except for the shuttle cockpit with offset node) show up, and I'm using one of the latest versions of Firespitter.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.