[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

5 hours ago, sam_milne said:

...but it still isn't working 

What exactly isn`t working? Sorry, but "is not working" is no error description.

1. download the RO patch from page 1.
2. unzip the downloaded zip and you will find an .rar.
3. unzip the .rar and you will find 1 folder (Cormorant Aeronology)
4. Merge this into GameData\Cormorant Aeronology.

Also consider: The patches are from 2017 and for KSP 1.3.1 (RO isn`t updatet for newer KSP-versions yet) so you need an CA-version for 1.3.1.

I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific on the working/not working thing, yes. 

Game crashes before loading?

Shuttle parts aren't showing up?

Shuttle doesn't get into orbit?

Please explain exactly what isn't working with descriptive words and preferably a list of actions you've taken to make <thing> work.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, slaintemaith said:

I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific on the working/not working thing, yes. 

Game crashes before loading?

Shuttle parts aren't showing up?

Shuttle doesn't get into orbit?

Please explain exactly what isn't working with descriptive words and preferably a list of actions you've taken to make <thing> work.

the  game loads fine and the parts are there but when I click on the part its described as a non RO part

8 minutes ago, sam_milne said:

the  game loads fine and the parts are there but when I click on the part its described as a non RO part

That`s why there is no RO-config for this part. Do you have KSP 1.3.1, RO for 1.3.1 and an CA-version for 1.3.1? Some more infos are needed of you installed game/mods.

3 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

That`s why there is no RO-config for this part. Do you have KSP 1.3.1, RO for 1.3.1 and an CA-version for 1.3.1? Some more infos are needed of you installed game/mods.

I have ksp 1.22 RO but ,I just assumed that the config was for 1.22 which was said to be for 1.22 on the page 1 link

12 minutes ago, sam_milne said:

I have ksp 1.22 RO but ,I just assumed that the config was for 1.22 which was said to be for 1.22 on the page 1 link

OK, fail by me. Do you have an CA-version for 1.2.2 because there are some new parts sin this mod since 1.2.2. So the config don`t work with newer CA-versions.

v1.5.1 Update

nswogfh.pngu2CbxpD.png

Changes:

New SRB-4 thrust curves - Performance is similar on the shuttle but they should be more predictable for other types of lifters

Fixed collider issue on custom name plates

Added:

Heavy Payload Mount and Payload Bay Decoupler - Set of decouplers to mount large satellites or other payloads securely into the cargo bay. The Payload Bay Decoupler also acts as a strut. (placeholder textures on some of these)

Shuttle Payload Technologies by @MrMeeb - A stock version of SPT has been added into Cormorant. This includes 2 Payload bay options and a full set of Skylab parts for all your science needs.

Heavy Decoupler Set

Q9aXXZk.png?1

Shuttle Payload Technologies

M28JvhS.png?1

1 hour ago, Pak said:

v1.5.1 Update

nswogfh.pngu2CbxpD.png

Changes:

New SRB-4 thrust curves - Performance is similar on the shuttle but they should be more predictable for other types of lifters

Added:

Heavy Payload Mount and Payload Bay Decoupler - Set of decouplers to mount large satellites or other payloads securely into the cargo bay. The Payload Bay Decoupler also acts as a strut. (placeholder textures on some of these)

Shuttle Payload Technologies by @MrMeeb - A stock version of SPT has been added into Cormorant. This includes 2 Payload bay options and a full set of Skylab parts for all your science needs.

Heavy Decoupler Set

-snip-

Shuttle Payload Technologies

-snip-

Glad to see you're back! And SPT is no longer abandoned. Will try out those decouplers asap (I have some spy peaceful scientific satellites to launch and they are too big for the current payload thingy). 

6 hours ago, Pak said:

A stock version of SPT has been added into Cormorant. This includes 2 Payload bay options and a full set of Skylab parts for all your science needs.

This is so exciting! I'm glad to see you back. What does "stock version" here mean, though? Does it simply mean no plugin dependencies?

Are you updating craft files with SPT?

By the way, SPT included a modified Mk3 cockpit which moved the node (and texture for it) nadir-wise downward, for Spacelab to attach to. The stock mesh switcher is able to move nodes, so perhaps it is something to consider using?

Also, did you remove the IUS from github?

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

13 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

This is so exciting! I'm glad to see you back. What does "stock version" here mean, though? Does it simply mean no plugin dependencies?

12 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Also, it’s awesome that SPT is being integrated into Cormorant, but like @Z3R0_0NL1N3 I’m wondering what ‘stock version’ means.

Answering because I saw @Pak answer this on the SPT thread, but he removed the dependencies and made it into a stock science lab.

On 10/22/2018 at 5:37 PM, Pak said:

Added:

Great mod, but you have a major problem with it:

The  Firespitter.dll is in two locations in the file, anyone installing by hand will have problems:

• GameData/Firespitter.dll
  • GameData/Cormorant Aeronology/Firespitter.dll

If you redistribute another mod's files, you should install them in the exact same place as the original mod.  For Firespitter, it should be in:

• GameData/Firespitter/Plugins/Firespitter.dll

Also, the original post is still pointing to the old release, it took me a while to find the new one, even though the title of the post says 1.5.1, the OP links to the 1.4.5 version

@Pak I have been looking into fleshing out the Real Fuels configs, and I am running into a problem with the External Tank. No matter what I do I can't get it to work with RF. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the FSfuelSwitch being integrated into the part config vs being in a separate patch. I think i'm going to try to move all FSfuelSwitch modules into a ModuleManager config and see if that will let me use RF. Also, I'm noticing an issue when using the 2.5x configs, as well as the Stock Fuel Configs. In stock scale, the shuttle leaps off the pad, as in real life, but in 2.5x scale it just sluggishly lumbers off the pad, and then the SRBs burn out while I'm still over the space center. The shuttles in 2.5x are scratch built, and in some tests, SMURFF was used to help lighten the load.

I've zapped the entire special atmo code for the SRB and found it works better for 2.5x.  Burns out faster, but you get more oomph from it--especially if you're using FAR.

No offense Pak.  Or Felbourn.

//        atmChangeFlow = False
//        useAtmCurve = False

//        atmCurve
//        {
        // Based on Felbourn's thrust curve work
//key = 0 0.1 0 0  //shuts off SRB before fuel runs out
//key = 0.08 0.1 2.726 2.182
//key = 0.15 0.48 3.410 3.410
//key = 0.18 0.59 2.106 2.106
//key = 0.42 0.84 0 0
//key = 0.6 0.74 0 0
//key = 0.83 0.99 0 0
//key = 0.92 0.98 -0.259 -0.205
//key = 1 0.92 0 0

//        }

Edited by slaintemaith

@Pak

The  Firespitter.dll is in two locations in the file, anyone installing by hand will have problems:

•  GameData/Firespitter.dll
  • GameData/Cormorant Aeronology/Firespitter.dll

If you redistribute another mod's files, you should install them in the exact same place as the original mod.  For Firespitter, it should be in:

• GameData/Firespitter/Plugins/Firespitter.dll

Also, the original post is still pointing to the old release, it took me a while to find the new one, even though the title of the post says 1.5.1, the OP links to the 1.4.5 version

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.