[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Interesting...I never used SPT before it was integrated into CA, but I'm still having the same issues as @makingstuffupp.

hm, for me it works. Did you reinstall CA? Some people had the same error in the past and it was related to SPT or a wrong installation. Also: use the newest dependencies, not the ones who included in the download.

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

hm, for me it works. Did you reinstall CA? Some people had the same error in the past and it was related to SPT or a wrong installation. Also: use the newest dependencies, not the ones who included in the download.

You just reminded me that I haven't updated Firespitter in ages. I'll give it a go.

10 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Do you use SPT as separate mod? Then remove it because it is included now.

No, I am just using the CA mod and I still have the problem. Firespitter Core and Module Manager are fully updated. I got my mods off of CKAN, if that is helpful.

Edited by makingstuffupp
More info

Hi, i have problems with black textures on certain parts too.

I experiment a little the last days and could nail it down to the Spacelab_difusse texture of the  spt\spacelab.

I downloaded the old original mod in wich this texture exists as png and use them instead and the black textures disapered. I have no knowledge about making textures, so i experimetned a little with saveing the png as dds (dtx5) and got it to work.  

Maybe this information helps you.

And sorry for my english, languages are one of my worse skills, even on my native language i have problems to write correct

4 hours ago, DianonForce said:

Hi, i have problems with black textures on certain parts too.

I experiment a little the last days and could nail it down to the Spacelab_difusse texture of the  spt\spacelab.

I downloaded the old original mod in wich this texture exists as png and use them instead and the black textures disapered. I have no knowledge about making textures, so i experimetned a little with saveing the png as dds (dtx5) and got it to work.  

Maybe this information helps you.

And sorry for my english, languages are one of my worse skills, even on my native language i have problems to write correct

Holy excrements, this works! Thank you so much!

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, elbolcze said:

However, I have a slight problem with Block II Cerv cocpkit. IVA interior is not showing up. No gauges or screens, only kerbals.

Do you have any solution?

There isn't currently an IVA for the Block 2. Making IVAs is pretty difficult and time-consuming, and I don't think @Pak has much time on his hands at the moment.

I've also been messing around with the Cormorant shuttle in 2.5x scale. Because I like Hydrolox craft I also wanted to patch it to run cryogenic.

So far so good although I'm still tweaking.

6F3xJ25h.jpg

Not so sure about real world to KSP balance but it works for me and I've managed to put 11 tons into low orbit in 2.5x (Galileos planet pack but I believe Gael has the same Dv requirements as Kerbin)

zKabIO7h.png

The existing Cryo patch seems to add an LH2 mode in addition to LF to the Cormorant SSME but it breaks the realplume. It also patches the squad SSME/Vector to run LH2 but that caused a conflict with something else for me. [edit, a MM syntax error was responsible, now fixed in the patch below) So I rolled a custom config for a model from RealEngines.

WtU0Neih.png

although I doubled monoprop in the OMS pods I still ended up carrying an extra large MP tank to do a station rendezvous. But I will probably keep that mission specific instead of increasing qty yet further.

dz4CyiRh.png

This is the config I used if anyone is interested. It follows the principle of doubling fuel qty as per Paks 2.5x patch. However it also adds LH2Ox (also doubled). Even with double the fuel, the LH20X density seems a bit LESS than stock tanks patched by CryoEngines mod and procedural tanks. So I dont think the balance is very far off; I might actually increase LH2 quantities. It probably needs some tweaks by someone more knowledgeable than me. Make sure to remove the existing CryoEngines patch if trying this.

Spoiler

// 2.5x rescale and LH2 config by Zorg
// Derived from Cryo Engines patch by TheRedTom and 2.5x Patch by Pak
// Existing Cryo patch (included with mod) and 2.5x patch (if installed) NEED TO BE REMOVED to use this.
// Doubles fuel quantities and adjusts thrust as per current 2.5x patch but includes LH2 configs
// LH2 quanitites were doubled based on the logic of 2.5x patch. Still Fuel density seems lower than procedural LH2Ox and Stock tanks patched by CryoTanks mod
// Also Doubles OMS engine thrust and OMS Pod monoprop quanities, adjusts SRB fuel quantities
// This is an experimental patch made from some messing about. May not necessarily be balanced.
// Existing craft files may require cycling through tank set ups for quantities to update (eg Mono prop in OMS). SRBs needs to be rebuilt.

// Adds LH2 mode to Cormorant SSME. From TheRedTom patch. 

@PART[CA_STME]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]
{
@description = Further development of the KS-25 brought about this cheaper and lighter hydrogen powered engine.

!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]{}
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEnginesFX
        engineID = KS25
        runningEffectName = running_closed
        thrustVectorTransformName = FXpoint
        powerEffectName = shockDiamond
        exhaustDamage = True
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 1000 //Thrust uprated as per Paks 2.5x patch
        heatProduction = 192
        fxOffset = 0, 0.0, 0
        EngineType = LiquidFuel
        exhaustDamageDistanceOffset = 1.5
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = LqdHydrogen
            ratio = 1.5
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = Oxidizer
            ratio = 0.1
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 445
            key = 1 355
            key = 12 0.001
        }
    }
}

// Converts Squad SSME to LH2
@PART[SSME]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]
{

!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]{}
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEnginesFX
        engineID = KS25x1
        thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
        exhaustDamage = True
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 1000
        heatProduction = 600
        fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.4
        EngineType = LiquidFuel
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = LqdHydrogen
            ratio = 1.5
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = Oxidizer
            ratio = 0.1
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 452
            key = 1 366
            key = 12 0.001
        }
    }
}

// Fuel quantities adjustment as per Paks 2.5x patch and also adds LH2 accordingly

@PART[ShuttleBottomLong]
{
    @MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceAmounts = 2800;720,880;1200;1320
    }
}

@PART[ShuttleB]
{
    @MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceAmounts = 2800;360,440;600;660
    }
}

@PART[CA_ETnose,CA_ET_extension]
{
    @MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceNames:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack] = LiquidFuel;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;Oxidizer;LqdHydrogen,Oxidizer
        @resourceAmounts:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack] = 28800;9600,11740;18000;90000,6000
    }
}

@PART[CA_ET]
{
    @MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceNames:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack] = Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LqdHydrogen;LqdHydrogen,Oxidizer
        @resourceAmounts:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack] = 35200;19200,23470;270000;180000,12000
    }
}

@PART[CA_SRB4]
{

@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
    {
        @maxThrust = 3500
    }

@RESOURCE[SolidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 10000 // reduced from Paks 2.5x patch
        @maxAmount = 10000
    }
}

@PART[CA_SRBnose]
{

@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
    {
        @maxThrust = 55
    }

@RESOURCE[SolidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 18
        @maxAmount = 18
    }
}

@PART[CA_boosterPack]
{

@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
    {
        @maxThrust = 80
    }

@RESOURCE[SolidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 10
        @maxAmount = 10
    }
}

//Additional patches by Zorg

@PART[ShuttleOMSDUO]
{
    @MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceAmounts = 800;190,220;400;440
    }
}

@PART[OMSEngineA,OMSEngine]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
    {
        @maxThrust = 100
    }
}

Edited by Zorg

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

I've also been messing around with the Cormorant shuttle in 2.5x scale. Because I like Hydrolox craft I also wanted to patch it to run cryogenic.

Not so sure about real world to KSP balance but it works for me and I've managed to put 11 tons into low orbit in 2.5x (Galileos planet pack but I believe Gael has the same Dv requirements as Kerbin)

The existing Cryo patch seems to add an LH2 mode in addition to LF to the Cormorant SSME but it breaks the realplume. It also patches the squad SSME/Vector to run LH2 but that caused a conflict with something else for me. So I rolled a custom config for a model from RealEngines.

although I doubled monoprop in the OMS pods I still ended up carrying an extra large MP tank to do a station rendezvous. But I will probably keep that mission specific instead of increasing qty yet further.

This is the config I used if anyone is interested. It follows the principle of doubling fuel qty as per Paks 2.5x patch. However it also adds LH2Ox (also doubled). Even with double the fuel, the LH20X density seems a bit LESS than stock tanks patched by CryoEngines mod and procedural tanks. So I dont think the balance is very far off; I might actually increase LH2 quantities. It probably needs some tweaks by someone more knowledgeable than me. Make sure to remove the existing CryoEngines patch if trying this.

Reveal hidden contents

Snip

Hey Zorg, those screenshots look bloody fantastic! I decided to switch my shuttle stack to use reDIRECT (and have little time these days to play) so I dropped using the patch myself but glad to see it was helpful. DM me if you want me to send over the balance sheet I used

Edited by TheRedTom
Snip images

8 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

Hey Zorg, those screenshots look bloody fantastic! I decided to switch my shuttle stack to use reDIRECT (and have little time these days to play) so I dropped using the patch myself but glad to see it was helpful. DM me if you want me to send over the balance sheet I used

Thanks! I also installed reDIRECT but any other LH2 fans looking to do that should be warned that the tanks get incorrect values if installed alongside CryoEngines/Tanks *doh*. A reDIRECT stack in this state can't get a Cormorant shuttle into orbit in 2.5x scale at any rate.

That said I found a patch in that thread that supposedly makes it play nice and so am going to check it out in a couple of hours.

edit: also thanks for writing the initial LH2 patch.

Edited by Zorg

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

6F3xJ25h.jpg

zKabIO7h.png

The existing Cryo patch seems to add an LH2 mode in addition to LF to the Cormorant SSME but it breaks the realplume. It also patches the squad SSME/Vector to run LH2 but that caused a conflict with something else for me. So I rolled a custom config for a model from RealEngines.

WtU0Neih.png

dz4CyiRh.png

Reveal hidden contents

// 2.5x rescale and LH2 config by Zorg
// Derived from Cryo Engines patch by TheRedTom and 2.5x Patch by Pak
// Existing Cryo patch (included with mod) and 2.5x patch (if installed) NEED TO BE REMOVED to use this.
// Doubles fuel quantities and adjusts thrust as per current 2.5x patch but includes LH2 configs
// LH2 quanitites were doubled based on the logic of 2.5x patch. Still Fuel density seems lower than procedural LH2Ox and Stock tanks patched by CryoTanks mod
// Also Doubles OMS engine thrust and OMS Pod monoprop quanities, adjusts SRB fuel quantities
// This is an experimental patch made from some messing about. May not necessarily be balanced.
// Existing craft files may require cycling through tank set ups for quantities to update (eg Mono prop in OMS). SRBs needs to be rebuilt.

// Adds LH2 mode to Cormorant SSME. From TheRedTom patch. WARNING Seems to the plume provided with RealPlume

@PART[CA_STME]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]
{
@description = Further development of the KS-25 brought about this cheaper and lighter hydrogen powered engine.

!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEnginesFX
        engineID = KS25
        thrustVectorTransformName = FXpoint
        powerEffectName = shockDiamond
        exhaustDamage = True
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 1000 //Thrust uprated as per Paks 2.5x patch
        heatProduction = 192
        fxOffset = 0, 0.0, 0
        EngineType = LiquidFuel
        exhaustDamageDistanceOffset = 1.5
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = LqdHydrogen
            ratio = 1.5
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = Oxidizer
            ratio = 0.1
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 445
            key = 1 355
            key = 12 0.001
        }
    }
}

// Converts Squad SSME to LH2
@PART[SSME]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]
{

!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEnginesFX
        engineID = KS25x1
        thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
        exhaustDamage = True
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 1000
        heatProduction = 600
        fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.4
        EngineType = LiquidFuel
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = LqdHydrogen
            ratio = 1.5
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = Oxidizer
            ratio = 0.1
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 452
            key = 1 366
            key = 12 0.001
        }
    }
}

// Fuel quantities adjustment as per Paks 2.5x patch and also adds LH2 accordingly

@PART[ShuttleBottomLong]
{
    @MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceAmounts = 2800;720,880;1200;1320
    }
}

@PART[ShuttleB]
{
    @MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceAmounts = 2800;360,440;600;660
    }
}

@PART[CA_ETnose,CA_ET_extension]
{
    @MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceNames:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack] = LiquidFuel;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;Oxidizer;LqdHydrogen,Oxidizer
        @resourceAmounts:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack] = 28800;9600,11740;18000;90000,6000
    }
}

@PART[CA_ET]
{
    @MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceNames:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack] = Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LqdHydrogen;LqdHydrogen,Oxidizer
        @resourceAmounts:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack] = 35200;19200,23470;270000;180000,12000
    }
}

@PART[CA_SRB4]
{

@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
    {
        @maxThrust = 3500
    }

@RESOURCE[SolidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 10000 // reduced from Paks 2.5x patch
        @maxAmount = 10000
    }
}

@PART[CA_SRBnose]
{

@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
    {
        @maxThrust = 55
    }

@RESOURCE[SolidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 18
        @maxAmount = 18
    }
}

@PART[CA_boosterPack]
{

@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
    {
        @maxThrust = 80
    }

@RESOURCE[SolidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 10
        @maxAmount = 10
    }
}

//Additional patches by Zorg

@PART[ShuttleOMSDUO]
{
    @MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceAmounts = 800;190,220;400;440
    }
}

@PART[OMSEngineA,OMSEngine]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
    {
        @maxThrust = 100
    }
}

What Are your sigma dimension settings?

Just now, davidy12 said:

What Are your sigma dimension settings?

Hi, I'm just using Rescale! configs with Sigma Dimensions v 0.10.1 (in GPP but seemed fine in in a test in stock system too)

So far no issues in KSP 1.6.1 except with the KSC++ bases in GPP. Buildings end up spread out but I can deal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, it's been a few years so be gentle... I was glancing thru and I didn't see this one. The pallet part in the pack. Is it supposed to have multiple textures now? The last time I used CA it only had one model and it didn't have the grey rack in the center of it (just a half circle). I noticed an FSpartswitch module in some of the cfg's. Also I have a couple of parts that appear to be Z fighting (The main tank nose and both the shuttle tail / belly parts). Now I have way more mods than I probably should. So please take all this with a grain of salt. I may be introducing these issues thru another mod. But I did notice the included version of FS and MM are not the most up to date, note sure if there may be an issue running the new versions? So on that note, could any of you fine gents point me in the correct direction? Thanks!

- Edit

Game version 1.6.1 - CA Version 1.5.1

Actually I just further moded the install by adding

KSPAPIExtensions-2.1.0.8-PreRelease

Realplume

And the CA patches for cool rockets

And now all issues mentioned seem to be gone? That's really strange...

Edited by V8jester

On 1/23/2019 at 3:10 AM, FellipeC said:

I started to debug why the Toelle engine mess with the DV calculations.

Here what I found: For some reason, the Delta-V part of the Kerbal can't see the Toelle as an engine part. It says "No Active Engines in Stage." as you can see in the screenshot below.

https://imgur.com/a/ecFevRV

I compared the .CFG files CA_STME and SSME from Squad and found no obvious part missing... I wonder what the 1.6 need to recognize the Toelle as a proper engine.

Yes, same problem. I firgured if you patch original SSME it works well:

PART
{
	name = CA_STME

to

@PART[SSME]
{

You will need to fix your crafts as well, but thats better then nothing :)

Update: nevermind, still bugged.

Update2: found this mod, works very well: 

PqRuq9U.png

It shows incorrect delta-v for 5th stage, but after you release clamps it shows correctly.

Edited by RangeMachine

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but, I had one launch that went fine. but, even without changing a thing, everything seems to fly out of control. I don't get what I'm doing wrong here. At about 1000-3200 meters the shuttle seems to shimmy in a small spiral (even when dropping the thrust of the SSME's), and drop almost 20 degrees, and seems to go in a spiral like that until its just flying towards the ground. I can only seem to reach 16000 meters before I have to revert.

Any help or tips would be appreciated, Ive tried almost everything.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, Pak said:

I didn't get the high band antenna in the files Meeb sent me but I'll pull it from the last release version and add it in when I can.

@Pak Unfortunately, I don't believe it made it into any release beyond a beta version hidden on his forum page. Luckily though it can be found here! https://github.com/MrMeeb/Shuttle-Payload-Technologies

Some other parts that aren't included are the larger wing pieces that are better scaled to the 150 version of the cargo bay, it would be cool if those were included as well.

PS. It'd also be cool to get some variants of the wing strake that resembled Columbia's. :D  

Edited by Jay The Amazing Toaster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.