[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

• 3 weeks later...

you guys do know this mod still is perfectly functional in the newest version right? just update the dependancies. I would know, its in my modpack.

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I asked once a whe ago.

You can always use MM to patch it, I've done that successfully for several mods

Edited by TheLoneOne

On 6/17/2022 at 5:02 PM, TheLoneOne said:

you guys do know this mod still is perfectly functional in the newest version right? just update the dependancies. I would know, its in my modpack.

The problem is for new players who don’t know to do that

Hello everyone,

I tried to make "tweakscalable " parts (payload equipements bay)  from this mod but it seems to doesn't work...

If someone kindly want to take a look on it, please find below what i've done.

Spoiler

@PART[ICCpallet]:NEEDS[Cormorant Aeronology]
{
    -MODULE[TweakScale],* { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL
    {
        %type = free
    }
}

@PART[ELCPallet]:NEEDS[Cormorant Aeronology]
{
    {
        %type = free
    }
}

@PART[SLpallet]:NEEDS[Cormorant Aeronology]
{
    {
        %type = free
    }
}

@PART[CAsunshade]:NEEDS[Cormorant Aeronology]
{
    {
        %type = free
    }
}

@PART[CAstorage1]:NEEDS[Cormorant Aeronology]
{
    {
        %type = free
    }
}

If it's not here to post that, I can delete de post.

Thanks for your time and your review and maybe your help.  :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/30/2022 at 3:22 AM, LucalisIndustries said:

where are the shuttle block 2 parts? i mean, the normal shuttle parts are and work fine (excepting the payload bay parts) but the shuttle block 2 seems to have disappeared

It was never finished and the developer has been gone for a very long time.

On 12/30/2022 at 5:09 AM, iamtherealjebadaiah said:

is this mod supported by ckan?

You would be better off using SOCK, it is more up to date, more accurate and has more features.

On 12/29/2022 at 10:22 PM, LucalisIndustries said:

where are the shuttle block 2 parts? i mean, the normal shuttle parts are and work fine (excepting the payload bay parts) but the shuttle block 2 seems to have disappeared

The Shuttle Block II parts are actually a separate mod (linked just below the main one on the first post of this thread).

On 12/30/2022 at 12:09 AM, iamtherealjebadaiah said:

is this mod supported by ckan?

Yes, both parts are in CKAN. The main mod is listed as "Shuttle Lifting Body" and the Block II is "CA - Mk 3 Block II". They show as only being compatible up to 1.7.1 in CKAN, but I have used them in 1.12.4 with no issues.

That being said, unless you *really* like and must have the Block II parts, I'd agree with @Entr8899 above and go for SOCK (Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit) with reDIRECT (for the full STS stack).

Ok I guess

21 hours ago, XD229 said:

The Shuttle Block II parts are actually a separate mod (linked just below the main one on the first post of this thread).

Yes, both parts are in CKAN. The main mod is listed as "Shuttle Lifting Body" and the Block II is "CA - Mk 3 Block II". They show as only being compatible up to 1.7.1 in CKAN, but I have used them in 1.12.4 with no issues.

That being said, unless you *really* like and must have the Block II parts, I'd agree with @Entr8899 above and go for SOCK (Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit) with reDIRECT (for the full STS stack).

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 7:11 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

maybe I should ask to adopt this.... @Pak

CC BY-NC-ND 4.0

On 9/2/2015 at 3:40 PM, Pak said:

Mk3 Shuttle Pack (aka Shuttle Lifting Body) is required to use this add-on.

Shared textures are engines>CA_STME and shuttleStack>CAet

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International

Let me know if you ever hear back, I even asked a few years ago with no answer.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:35 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I asked once a whe ago.

You can always use MM to patch it, I've done that successfully for several mods

MM Patches can only do so much it realistic needs a repack. Firespitter is out of date and broken and even some textures are broken.  I would love for @Pak to return just to let someone take over or amend the license to allow for someone to adopt it. 

On 12/30/2022 at 2:22 PM, LucalisIndustries said:

Broken textures for the payload parts?  Pak adopted and absorbed  Shuttle Payload Technologies into the mod but something messed up with the textures. you can grab the textures from SPT and fix them. 

On 9/4/2022 at 10:04 PM, Fabled_Mike said:

Does Waterfall work with this?

I will look into making a MM Patch for that, No Promises but I should be able to give it the Waterfall SSME configs. 

• 1 month later...

I really appreciate everyone still using pieces of these mods and wanted to get an update out while we wait for KSP2 to mature a bit more.

Seems like I got everything working again but let me know if I missed anything. I'm still sorting out some Block II parts but I should have that updated for 1.12 soon too.

I'm not completely sure if this will be a final content update or not yet. I have a few parts that I found near completion that I might finish up and release for KSP1. Nothing too fancy just a few payload parts. Depending on how KSP2 pans out I'd like to get all of this (including Block II) moved over if it's realistic to do so. 

Thanks to those who've reached out and the other moddie bois for the motivation. I want to give KSP2 more time in the oven before making any decisions but I've been having a good time with a new career in KSP1 so I hope some others can get some fun out of this too.  

Spoiler

v1.12.5a Update

Fixes:

• Fixed RCS thrusters and FX on the shuttle nosecone, OMS pods, and MMU

• Fixed Engine Effects on all engines and boosters

• various other small things

Added:

• Stock inventory system added to Shuttle Storage Box, MMU Engineer Rack, and MMU port

• Craft Files for the Mk3 Shuttle and Shuttle C

Patches:

• Updated RealPlume patch to fix engine FX

• I wasn't able to confirm that all of the mod compatibility patches are still working so let me know if something you use is broken

1 hour ago, Pak said:

I really appreciate everyone still using pieces of these mods and wanted to get an update out while we wait for KSP2 to mature a bit more.

Seems like I got everything working again but let me know if I missed anything. I'm still sorting out some Block II parts but I should have that updated for 1.12 soon too.

I'm not completely sure if this will be a final content update or not yet. I have a few parts that I found near completion that I might finish up and release for KSP1. Nothing too fancy just a few payload parts. Depending on how KSP2 pans out I'd like to get all of this (including Block II) moved over if it's realistic to do so. 

Thanks to those who've reached out and the other moddie bois for the motivation. I want to give KSP2 more time in the oven before making any decisions but I've been having a good time with a new career in KSP1 so I hope some others can get some fun out of this too.  

Reveal hidden contents

v1.12.5a Update

Fixes:

• Fixed RCS thrusters and FX on the shuttle nosecone, OMS pods, and MMU

• Fixed Engine Effects on all engines and boosters

• various other small things

Added:

• Stock inventory system added to Shuttle Storage Box, MMU Engineer Rack, and MMU port

• Craft Files for the Mk3 Shuttle and Shuttle C

Patches:

• Updated RealPlume patch to fix engine FX

• I wasn't able to confirm that all of the mod compatibility patches are still working so let me know if something you use is broken

It's nice to see you back again, With an update no less, And if I may make a humble suggestion/request, Perhaps add tweakscale configs for at the very least the EDO palette and the satellite dispenser, for using them with the incredible SOCK mod, as currently they're ever so slightly too large for the SOCK shuttle payload bay, (And this mod is the only one I've seen that has the EDO palette and dispenser)  and the other suggestion I've got is perhaps seeing about adding Waterfall configs for the engines

@Pak

wow, you came back. Thank you :) I hope you are doing fine. Welcome back to KSP and a biiiig thank you for bringing this back. I missed that thing for years.

I only found out about this a few months before you were gone and it seems like i was just to stupid to make it barely work again after you left, but now it´s back.... nice. So: it looks like i have to build some new Shuttles.

Edited by JoeSheridan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.