[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

3 hours ago, MelancholyFlapper said:

This may be out of scope of the mod, but I figured I'd just toss out some suggestions for extras to see if you like any of them:

Thanks I'm glad you like it.

Good ideas. 

IUS is interesting. Maybe not a big one like they used for TDRS, but a fueled engine part for smaller sats sounds like a thing I'd want. In a perfect kerbal world I'd love to make a full IUS setup with the rotating decoupler, but I'm not sure I can do that without IR.

I've been thinking about a how to make a cargo pallet part more useful than a structural panel. It would help with the janky cargo bay gizmo issues, but I'd like to get some more utility out of it.

I'll look into airlock ideas as well. I didn't really want to since they're pretty easy to make in game and don't take a lot of parts, but it's growing on me (like a lot of the ideas in this thread). Mostly because it could have a handy storage area for this!

Another sneaky part hog in my normal shuttle missions, the MMU. Works just like an external command seat and will have its own battery, lights, RCS with fuel, and be able to dock with Jr. ports for all your orbital construction needs.

0xr4e6V.jpg?1

6 hours ago, SpitfireAcademy said:

Nice! I think a retexturing of the wing parts to add heat tiles would be a really nice addition to this mod. The perfectionist in me doesn't feel right when the body has shielding but the wings don't. 

That being said, I'd absolutely LOVE the docking/airlock module. While it can be made, it's difficult to make good with few parts. Seeing as shuttles spend a lot of time going to high part stations, a single part solution would be awesome. the CSS and its derivatives were excellent, I personally think this mod allows the creation of a shuttle that fits into the KSP universe far better, and for that I commend you. Excellent work! 

2 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

Nice! I think a retexturing of the wing parts to add heat tiles would be a really nice addition to this mod. The perfectionist in me doesn't feel right when the body has shielding but the wings don't. 

That being said, I'd absolutely LOVE the docking/airlock module. While it can be made, it's difficult to make good with few parts. Seeing as shuttles spend a lot of time going to high part stations, a single part solution would be awesome. the CSS and its derivatives were excellent, I personally think this mod allows the creation of a shuttle that fits into the KSP universe far better, and for that I commend you. Excellent work! 

Point taken and it turns out I agree. I added the mounting panels on the sides, but they have the same gizmo bug as cargo bays. Maybe something to do with colliders being inside of the boundary of the whole object. I might keep them anyway since they give enough space to place a docking port without it poking through the side.

bA8DhCb.jpg

I'll look into doing a texture swap with the wings once I get to that point.

1 hour ago, Pak said:

Point taken and it turns out I agree. I added the mounting panels on the sides, but they have the same gizmo bug as cargo bays. Maybe something to do with colliders being inside of the boundary of the whole object. I might keep them anyway since they give enough space to place a docking port without it poking through the side.

bA8DhCb.jpg

578a552f95da1310c261ef5d7aa407e553eb1df5

I WANT THAT MMU!!!! :D 

13 hours ago, Pak said:

bA8DhCb.jpg

I just started using this pack (and outside of a shuttle that wants to fly ass first (I'm pretty sure its because of the wings I'm using and not the body parts)) I love it...

The bay additions look amazing, cant wait for them.

Edited by Avalon304

On 2/16/2016 at 1:45 PM, davidy12 said:

I WANT THAT MMU!!!! :D 

Me too! I've been debugging and I should be able to start testing it on missions today. I had to modify the RCS placement to reduce the small craft SAS jitters, but it's slowing working towards being a manageable thing to fly.

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words. I'm hoping to get some of these new parts released soon so you guys can try them out.

1 hour ago, Pak said:

Me too! I've been debugging and I should be able to start testing it on missions today. I had to modify the RCS placement to reduce the small craft SAS jitters, but it's slowing working towards being a manageable thing to fly.

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words. I'm hoping to get some of these new parts released soon so you guys can try them out.

Are they textured?

Hey Guys...

I love the look of the Nosecone... It looks so great, so i try to learn more about bugfixing.

My Installation stucks on loading at this point: 

When i look into my KSP Error Log i will see the following:

[LOG 16:37:44.545] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Cormorant Aeronology/Parts/BodyFlap/BodyFlap'
[LOG 16:37:44.565] EffectList: Created 11 effect types
[LOG 16:37:44.605] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Cormorant Aeronology/Parts/NoseCone/NoseCone'
[ERR 16:37:44.609] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[WRN 16:37:44.610] Could not create PartResource of type 'MonoPropellant
[ERR 16:37:44.615] MonoPropellant not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

[EXC 16:37:44.617] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleRCS.SetupPropellant (.ConfigNode node)
	ModuleRCS.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
	PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
	Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
	PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
	PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 16:37:44.620] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleRCS.FindThrusters ()
	ModuleRCS.OnStart (StartState state)
	Part.ModulesOnStart ()
	Part+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 16:37:44.623] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 16:37:44.636] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 16:37:44.657] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()

the last three (NullReferenceException: Object reference) entrys will repeat hundreds of times the until i break the procedure...

Do you know what i have done wrong?

Firespitter v 7.1.5 is installed

Module Manager is in version 2.6.3 present

KSP is on Steam in Version 1.0.5

Please help my lost Kerbal Connection... I need Spaceflight... I´m sooooo addicted to it... :-)

Thanks for this great mod! it looks absolutely awesome! 

7 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@Pak: How's it coming? is the MMU textured?

I'm working on it right now actually. I'll have a version up on github tomorrow for whoever wants to try it out.

9 hours ago, schneemannski said:

Hey Guys...

My Installation stucks on loading at this point: 

When i look into my KSP Error Log i will see the following:

the last three (NullReferenceException: Object reference) entrys will repeat hundreds of times the until i break the procedure...

Do you know what i have done wrong?

Firespitter v 7.1.5 is installed

Module Manager is in version 2.6.3 present

KSP is on Steam in Version 1.0.5

Hmm I'm not sure. I run the same stuff and haven't seen any nullref issues on stock or modded games. Verify your base game to make sure nothing is missing or damaged?

2 minutes ago, Pak said:

I'm working on it right now actually. I'll have a version up on github tomorrow for whoever wants to try it out.

Hmm I'm not sure. I run the same stuff and haven't seen any nullref issues on stock or modded games. Verify your base game to make sure nothing is missing or damaged?

$$$$$$$$$ *tongue drops out* Is it textured?

Thanks so much Pak! That was the Problem... After verifying the whole game directory everything is working perfectly again!

Getting into my first Shuttle Launch without ending in a fireball right now! Thanks for making my sunday a spacey and warm day... Your Shuttle will rescue my lost kerbals out of a misconfigured soyuz in orbit! :-)

2 hours ago, schneemannski said:

Thanks so much Pak! That was the Problem... After verifying the whole game directory everything is working perfectly again!

Getting into my first Shuttle Launch without ending in a fireball right now! Thanks for making my sunday a spacey and warm day... Your Shuttle will rescue my lost kerbals out of a misconfigured soyuz in orbit! :-)

Here's what I do when launching shuttles. I leave the top tank full of fuel but shut off it's ability to take fuel from the tanks. So it doesn't keep pitching forward. OR, you could just add a reaction wheel config to the tank.

Edited by davidy12

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.