[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

Been playing around with the MMU and for some reason whenever I dock with something the RCS breaks on it and none of the pods will fire. Even when adding my own pods to it they still won't fire some reason. 

Not really sure whats causing this but nothing I've tried makes it work and I can't even begin to fathom whats doing this as nothing else in the game works this way. Docking only breaks RCS when I dock this with the stock Docking Port Jr. 

EDIT: Can confirm its something to do with the the Docking port Jr.  If I use the MMU rack as my docking port it works perfectly. Still have no idea what would do this though.

Edited by G'th

I'm using KSP 1.2.2 so i can use RO. I have this mod installed along with the @DrLicor patch for RO. However, i have found that in the VAB both the SSME and SRB4 have disappeared. All other parts for Cormorant Aeronology are there but those two are missing. Does make lift off...tricky.

Am i doing something wrong with the install?I have the patch in the Patches folder. I tried having the whole patch 'Cormorant Aeronology' folder in the Patches folder, and i tried just having the RO folder from the patch in the Patches folder but niether resolved it.

Any ideas?

@windystig, thats weird. I've made the patch on the latest version of CA for 1.2.2 and for me it worked with the whole RSS/RO mod pack installed. it can be that the SSME changed names because all the stats get replaced with the RO one. RO has engine types premade and those are used. Same for the SRB. However, the model should be the same. Try to use the searchbar in the VAB and search on manufacturer, those aren't changed if I'm right. 

1 minute ago, DrLicor said:

@windystig, thats weird. I've made the patch on the latest version of CA for 1.2.2 and for me it worked with the whole RSS/RO mod pack installed. it can be that the SSME changed names because all the stats get replaced with the RO one. RO has engine types premade and those are used. Same for the SRB. However, the model should be the same. Try to use the searchbar in the VAB and search on manufacturer, those aren't changed if I'm right. 

I did wonder if there was a name change because there was an SSME and SRB that were very similar. However i did search by manurfacturer and they were gone. The two parts that looked similar both had Rocketdyne as the manurfacturer if i remember (not at home at the moment so can't load it up to check). 

I did try fitting those parts and it didn't launch well. I assumed they were the wrong parts and perhaps had lower thrust values, (hence my gravity turn peaking at about 4000 metres and nosing over for a watery landing) but i did notice after that the SSME's may not have been getting fuel.

Now you've confirmed the name change i will give those another go when i get home.

4 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

@windystig, yep, you also have to turn the crossfeed on the decoupler to ' true'/'on', otherwise the SMME's won't get fuel from the ET.  The other SSME and SRB have the exact same values in thrust, gimbal, ISP etc. Since it's the same engine profile. :) 

Yup, crossfeed on the decoupler was definitely the issue. :confused: Ignore me, i'm an idiot. i'm new to RO. Getting Cormorant Aeronology working was pretty much the first thing i have tried to do since installing it. Pretty good with stock Kerbal but going straight for a shuttle in RO might be running before i can walk! 

@windystig, haha nevermind. We all had a firsttimer like that. Ro can be really complicated, so babysteps is the best. 
I learned by starting a carreer and jsut do the cold turkey learning. It takes some effort to get used to it, but yeah, that's another subject. feel free to PM me when help needed with RO or regarding my patch. :) 

Waiting for mods to update like:

Image result for spongebob waiting meme

how is the B2 shuttle coming along?

Agreed. 

Even started putting together some B9 wings for it. Very excited for it.

iR93pcIg.png

Edited by G'th

Firstly, I love the mod. It looks great, and is relatively easy to fly...after a bit of entertaining troubleshooting.

Secondly, I think I've found a bug with the CA-SRB-4 Separator Pack: I have them staged with the CA-SRB-4 Separator Nosecones and the Booster Decouplers, hopefully to get them to fire at the same time to get the boosters to clear the Orbiter wings.

When I stage, however, the decoupler engages and the nosecone motors fire, but the Separator Pack motors do not. I've tested the Separator Pack on its own, and it works fine then, but inside the staging, it fails.

7 hours ago, CaptainPanda said:

When I stage, however, the decoupler engages and the nosecone motors fire, but the Separator Pack motors do not. I've tested the Separator Pack on its own, and it works fine then, but inside the staging, it fails.

Oh okay. It was already fixed on my end but that was after the last update unfortunately. So it'll be in the next one

They still fire, but there's an error in the stock FX that cause the plume to clip into the SRB and not display.

You can do this and change the -0.1 to a zero, but it doesn't really matter. They're still generating thrust

2GmrN3u.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Abpilot said:

With the block 2 shuttle, will there be proper parts for the thing like, engines for the tank, the seperate module capsule and the OMS for the capsule and orbiter, and the winglets for the orbiterindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=6348.0;a

And this

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6348.0;a

If you read the last several pages of the topic you would answer your own questions. :wink:

It's a little unfair to insist someone read all the pages, but anyway I'll answer it: He's been working on the escape cabin, some WIP images are on the last couple pages to take a look at, as well as the wings.

He's already made the LRBs, but ET engines are planned after the completion of the LES (I think).

@Abpilot

Also I'm patiently curious how Pak is doing on the mod recently, this thread has been pretty inactive.

9 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

It's a little unfair to insist someone read all the pages, but anyway I'll answer it: He's been working on the escape cabin, some WIP images are on the last couple pages to take a look at, as well as the wings.

He's already made the LRBs, but ET engines are planned after the completion of the LES (I think).

@Abpilot

Also I'm patiently curious how Pak is doing on the mod recently, this thread has been pretty inactive.

what do you mean inactive?...

uh oh I think his doing UNI and hasten got time for the mod...PANIC!!!!!!
AGGGGGG!!!!!!

that or he is just working on the mod and hasten replied to any threads

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.