Pak

[1.7.1] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Some really great parts in this, but is there no unmanned Mk3 nose-cone that fits cleanly with the lifting body underside?

I’ve made a patch for this For Connected Living Space- which I’ll upload when I get home, it’s mostly for the benefit of the block II parts.  I’ll check on the docking part as well when I get home before uploading it.

i also updated the USI-LS patch to include BLOCK-II parts- with @FellipeC‘s permission I’ll upload that as well.

A question about orbital maneuvering, however- when you want to- for example- do a burn prograde with the OMS angled engine version (aka the default), should you angle your ship so the *engines* are pointed prograde like MechJeb maneuver planner does by default, or should you angle it so the *ship* is pointed prograde? I’ve done a few quick searches on how the actual shuttle did it for a clue and have found nothing.  

EDIT:On a side note, the Stock Fuel Values patch makes it impossible to get to orbit because the engines don’t have enough thrust to deal with the increased weight.  It’s not *vital*, I’m using a stock Kerbol system scale (Outer Planets Mod, but that’s never going to be relevant to the shuttle :V), but I admit I don’t mind having that little bit extra room.  

Edited by horngeek

Posting the raw code for the CLS patch below:

Spoiler

//patch for Connected Living Space- adds CLS functionality to the B2 cockpit, decoupler and airlock.

@PART[B2_cockpit]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
	}
}

@PART[B2_LESdecoupler]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

@PART[Airlock]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

On 9/7/2019 at 8:34 PM, TheKSPBeginner said:

u m

I still have the texture problem

This is a known issue, the Spacelab parts were made by someone else a few years ago and only recently included in CA. Reinstall the mod, and if that doesn't work have a rummage around the mod's folders and delete the Spacelab parts.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:59 PM, horngeek said:

I’ve made a patch for this For Connected Living Space- which I’ll upload when I get home, it’s mostly for the benefit of the block II parts.  I’ll check on the docking part as well when I get home before uploading it.

i also updated the USI-LS patch to include BLOCK-II parts- with @FellipeC‘s permission I’ll upload that as well.

A question about orbital maneuvering, however- when you want to- for example- do a burn prograde with the OMS angled engine version (aka the default), should you angle your ship so the *engines* are pointed prograde like MechJeb maneuver planner does by default, or should you angle it so the *ship* is pointed prograde? I’ve done a few quick searches on how the actual shuttle did it for a clue and have found nothing.  

EDIT:On a side note, the Stock Fuel Values patch makes it impossible to get to orbit because the engines don’t have enough thrust to deal with the increased weight.  It’s not *vital*, I’m using a stock Kerbol system scale (Outer Planets Mod, but that’s never going to be relevant to the shuttle :V), but I admit I don’t mind having that little bit extra room.  

Sure you can do it!

On 9/9/2019 at 4:02 PM, sslaptnhablhat said:

This is a known issue, the Spacelab parts were made by someone else a few years ago and only recently included in CA. Reinstall the mod, and if that doesn't work have a rummage around the mod's folders and delete the Spacelab parts.

No, I don’t think I will.

I feel like adding in parts specifically for the Energia that the Buran launches on, as well as adding in parts for using it with other payloads, hints for what parts to use for the Buran, etc, would be a good idea.

6 minutes ago, melechdaviid said:

I feel like adding in parts specifically for the Energia that the Buran launches on, as well as adding in parts for using it with other payloads, hints for what parts to use for the Buran, etc, would be a good idea.

Pak has said several times throughout the thread that TantaresLV provides the 'official' Energia for CA's Buran orbiter.

47 minutes ago, melechdaviid said:

Ok. I'm still not sure what cargo bay and tailfin are specifically for the Buran, though.

The normal cargo bay and tail fin should work fine, and there’s example craft files linked in the OP if you need them.

5 hours ago, melechdaviid said:

Ok. I'm still not sure what cargo bay and tailfin are specifically for the Buran, though.

Normal cargo bay and the tailfin would be the one without the SILT Pod at the top. 

Your mod doesnt work anymore. No parts show up in game. I know its a 1.7.1 mod and I have tried installing it in 1.7.3, but I figured it should still work if it works in 1.7.1 since usually mods from the same 1.x work with all sub versions. I notice that the file structure is very different when compared to the other mods I installed and I figure thats the reason. I unzipped the mod into the GameData folder of my KSP install. If 1.7.3 changed the file structure I am very sorry to complain.

3 hours ago, fishlinc said:

Your mod doesnt work anymore. No parts show up in game. I know its a 1.7.1 mod and I have tried installing it in 1.7.3, but I figured it should still work if it works in 1.7.1 since usually mods from the same 1.x work with all sub versions. I notice that the file structure is very different when compared to the other mods I installed and I figure thats the reason. I unzipped the mod into the GameData folder of my KSP install. If 1.7.3 changed the file structure I am very sorry to complain.

There is no change of the file strucure from 1.7.1 to 1.7.3. And I can confirm that this mod works well in 1.7.3. I think you installed it the wrong way. You can`t directly unzip this mod in GameData. If you unzip you will have a folder "Cormorant Aeronology 1.5.1". Do not move this in GameData. You need the included folder "Cormorant Aeronology" in your GameData.