Jump to content

[1.7.1] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle


Recommended Posts

I’ve made a patch for this For Connected Living Space- which I’ll upload when I get home, it’s mostly for the benefit of the block II parts.  I’ll check on the docking part as well when I get home before uploading it.

i also updated the USI-LS patch to include BLOCK-II parts- with @FellipeC‘s permission I’ll upload that as well.

A question about orbital maneuvering, however- when you want to- for example- do a burn prograde with the OMS angled engine version (aka the default), should you angle your ship so the *engines* are pointed prograde like MechJeb maneuver planner does by default, or should you angle it so the *ship* is pointed prograde? I’ve done a few quick searches on how the actual shuttle did it for a clue and have found nothing.  

EDIT:On a side note, the Stock Fuel Values patch makes it impossible to get to orbit because the engines don’t have enough thrust to deal with the increased weight.  It’s not *vital*, I’m using a stock Kerbol system scale (Outer Planets Mod, but that’s never going to be relevant to the shuttle :V), but I admit I don’t mind having that little bit extra room.  

Edited by horngeek
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting the raw code for the CLS patch below:

Spoiler
//patch for Connected Living Space- adds CLS functionality to the B2 cockpit, decoupler and airlock.

@PART[B2_cockpit]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
	}
}

@PART[B2_LESdecoupler]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
	}
}

@PART[Airlock]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
	}
}

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 8:34 PM, TheKSPBeginner said:

u m

I still have the texture problem

This is a known issue, the Spacelab parts were made by someone else a few years ago and only recently included in CA. Reinstall the mod, and if that doesn't work have a rummage around the mod's folders and delete the Spacelab parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 7:59 PM, horngeek said:

I’ve made a patch for this For Connected Living Space- which I’ll upload when I get home, it’s mostly for the benefit of the block II parts.  I’ll check on the docking part as well when I get home before uploading it.

i also updated the USI-LS patch to include BLOCK-II parts- with @FellipeC‘s permission I’ll upload that as well.

A question about orbital maneuvering, however- when you want to- for example- do a burn prograde with the OMS angled engine version (aka the default), should you angle your ship so the *engines* are pointed prograde like MechJeb maneuver planner does by default, or should you angle it so the *ship* is pointed prograde? I’ve done a few quick searches on how the actual shuttle did it for a clue and have found nothing.  

EDIT:On a side note, the Stock Fuel Values patch makes it impossible to get to orbit because the engines don’t have enough thrust to deal with the increased weight.  It’s not *vital*, I’m using a stock Kerbol system scale (Outer Planets Mod, but that’s never going to be relevant to the shuttle :V), but I admit I don’t mind having that little bit extra room.  

Sure you can do it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 4:02 PM, sslaptnhablhat said:

This is a known issue, the Spacelab parts were made by someone else a few years ago and only recently included in CA. Reinstall the mod, and if that doesn't work have a rummage around the mod's folders and delete the Spacelab parts.

No, I don’t think I will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, melechdaviid said:

I feel like adding in parts specifically for the Energia that the Buran launches on, as well as adding in parts for using it with other payloads, hints for what parts to use for the Buran, etc, would be a good idea.

Pak has said several times throughout the thread that TantaresLV provides the 'official' Energia for CA's Buran orbiter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, melechdaviid said:

Ok. I'm still not sure what cargo bay and tailfin are specifically for the Buran, though.

The normal cargo bay and tail fin should work fine, and there’s example craft files linked in the OP if you need them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Your mod doesnt work anymore. No parts show up in game. I know its a 1.7.1 mod and I have tried installing it in 1.7.3, but I figured it should still work if it works in 1.7.1 since usually mods from the same 1.x work with all sub versions. I notice that the file structure is very different when compared to the other mods I installed and I figure thats the reason. I unzipped the mod into the GameData folder of my KSP install. If 1.7.3 changed the file structure I am very sorry to complain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fishlinc said:

Your mod doesnt work anymore. No parts show up in game. I know its a 1.7.1 mod and I have tried installing it in 1.7.3, but I figured it should still work if it works in 1.7.1 since usually mods from the same 1.x work with all sub versions. I notice that the file structure is very different when compared to the other mods I installed and I figure thats the reason. I unzipped the mod into the GameData folder of my KSP install. If 1.7.3 changed the file structure I am very sorry to complain.

There is no change of the file strucure from 1.7.1 to 1.7.3. And I can confirm that this mod works well in 1.7.3. I think you installed it the wrong way. You can`t directly unzip this mod in GameData. If you unzip you will have a folder "Cormorant Aeronology 1.5.1". Do not move this in GameData. You need the included folder "Cormorant Aeronology" in your GameData.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Elro2k said:

Has anyone tried this mod in 1.8? How does it run?

I tried.

Issues:

a) Since firespitter is not updated yet, there is not possibility to get the optional characteristics of each part.

b) The texture of the parts looks pretty bad, since 1.8 is using DXT5 format now, the mod is using DXT3 i guess.... specially the cargo bay texture....

I stopped with this last and uninstalled until firespitter works again at least...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, marioq70 said:

I tried.

Issues:

a) Since firespitter is not updated yet, there is not possibility to get the optional characteristics of each part.

b) The texture of the parts looks pretty bad, since 1.8 is using DXT5 format now, the mod is using DXT3 i guess.... specially the cargo bay texture....

I stopped with this last and uninstalled until firespitter works again at least...

Just tried as well. Seems to get stuck on the "verifying serenity expansion" that comes with the lack of firespitter update. I suppose we'll have to wait until an update for both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm getting stuck on the loading screen no matter what I try.

It always stops at "Cormorant Aeronology/Agency/Cormorant" 

Have I downloaded this the wrong way or perhaps I'm missing some files?

Thanks. EDIT: I'm running 1.7.1

Link

Edited by FoolishHuman
Forgot something important
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2015 at 12:11 PM, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Wow, I actually really like this! I can't wait to try it out! But what am I supposed to do for engines? That's been the problem with the whole stock Mk3 thing. Could you give a look at making a Mk3 tri-coupler part? I'll also put out there my idea: OMS pods + RCS. It'd go great with everything else, but no rush!

Secondly, I have a question. Are these RAM-free parts that reference the stock textures?

Finally, does anyone know where I can find a proper stockalike shuttle EFT + SRB set to go with this?

(Also, just a minor gripe: could you put the forum link on Kerbal Stuff to the top of the page in that main bar thing?)

Shadowworks`s Stockalike SLS and more gives a Great SLS, Delta, Delta IV, and they have everything for a Shuttle as Follows: The OMS Pods, OMS Engine, Shuttle Engine Mount, Extermal Tank (The big orange thing), and The SRBs. IF you download manually, there are Craft files to use, But its pretty simple. The Mod needs no Dependencies, and it is CKAN Friendly, just find the Mod in Gamedata and Copy/Paste them into Saves-(Insert save game name here)-Ships, And Paste anywhere, and you don't have to restart KSP like with mods.

EDIT: Oh and they have that Engine Mount.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...