[1.1.3] BDArmory FPS - A BDArmory Expansion - 0.4 (9-10-16)

V8jester

2 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

looks like i returned at an interesting time

Yes indeed. Spanner has made some really great additions! - I must admit. You two have been the heavy hitters when it comes to FPS. I only came up with the basic idea. You two are the ones that actually did something great with that idea.

On February 13, 2016 at 5:12 PM, V8jester said:

Yes indeed. Spanner has made some really great additions! - I must admit. You two have been the heavy hitters when it comes to FPS. I only came up with the basic idea. You two are the ones that actually did something great with that idea.

Is that  M134 that fires the 7.62x51mm Nato or is it the 20mm M6?

Just now, War Eagle 1 said:

Is that  M134 that fires the 7.62x51mm Nato or is it the 20mm M6?

The whole ammo debate is still up in the air. (And totally open to suggestions) Any ammo used for FPS is automatically duplicated into the Fuel, BD and KIS tabs. Therefore I don't want to add any more ammo than necessary unless we can find a better way of handling ammo. With all the new guns coming in the next update. I would personally rather have the ammo in the guns only. But that causes physics issues where the kerbal will rotate slowly but uncontrollably. And often drop the guns. This is why we were currently using the backpack ammo boxes, which don't exhibit this problem, due to being spawned as a "part" not "physic"

5 minutes ago, V8jester said:

The whole ammo debate is still up in the air. (And totally open to suggestions) Any ammo used for FPS is automatically duplicated into the Fuel, BD and KIS tabs. Therefore I don't want to add any more ammo than necessary unless we can find a better way of handling ammo. With all the new guns coming in the next update. I would personally rather have the ammo in the guns only. But that causes physics issues where the kerbal will rotate slowly but uncontrollably. And often drop the guns. This is why we were currently using the backpack ammo boxes, which don't exhibit this problem, due to being spawned as a "part" not "physic"

Then why not make a backpack that only holds "ammo". 
Keep the cannon ammo backpack for things like the At-4 and grenade laucnher but for the other guns like the M-16 and Desert Eagle just have it set as simply "Ammo". Sure not as realistic but it cuts down on part number and makes things more compatible.
Just insure the heat the given off by the ammo is weaker than the 50 cal

Plus if possible you can make the backpack look more like a backpack than just a box on the back but that can wait for the future if need be.

Edited by War Eagle 1

Well yesterday was an early day at work (4:00am) and I was zonked when I got home. So I didn't get anything productive done. But, with some new stuff from, and with Spanner seal of approval. I think we may just have something. (Something outstanding) There will probably be a substantial change to the guns this time around. As I feel there will be plenty of great replacements to existing rescaled BD Weapons. I am leaning toward dropping the rescaled weapons in favor of Spanners far superior guns. There will be a weapon or several to fill each niche of the initial FPS pack. But if you have any ships with the old guns in flight. I may be breaking them. 

24 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Well yesterday was an early day at work (4:00am) and I was zonked when I got home. So I didn't get anything productive done. But, with some new stuff from, and with Spanner seal of approval. I think we may just have something. (Something outstanding) There will probably be a substantial change to the guns this time around. As I feel there will be plenty of great replacements to existing rescaled BD Weapons. I am leaning toward dropping the rescaled weapons in favor of Spanners far superior guns. There will be a weapon or several to fill each niche of the initial FPS pack. But if you have any ships with the old guns in flight. I may be breaking them. 

I ll keep that in mind. Im defiantly in favor of dropping the rescaled weapons.

Ok I have a new issues that cropped up. The EVA Manager is no longer working for some reason..... Meaning guard mode is FUBAR'd. I'm working on tracking down the issue, and will do my best to keep guard mode a thing..

Good news I may have an answer to the ammo situation. As FPS currently copies ammo backpacks to the KIS, BD and Fuel tabs. How would everyone feel about all FPS weapons simply using "FPS Ammo" Which would be a magic resource that feeds all FPS weapons. With this we could have a single backpack that would be universal to all guns. Not realistic but far cleaner and would allow for this new resource to be ultra light weight and allow us to add ammo directly to the gun cfg's. Removing the need for a backpack unless you want MOAR ammo.

This fixes an issue that cropped up in the initial release of dropping guns as well as uncontrolled turning if we used full weight ammo resources such as the ammo resources of BD Armory or LP's Ammo pack.

So "Magic Ammo" Yes / No?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.