[1.1.3] BDArmory FPS - A BDArmory Expansion - 0.4 (9-10-16)

V8jester

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Its the one you haven't got yet :P

But seriously I can't tell you which one it is, due to the handicap previously mentioned :D , just a generic pump action thingy.

Probably for the next update though as it's so close to kick out time for v3,

Mind you with the right folder structure,a later download could be just merged into the main with no real issues

If you want i can give you a list of shotguns that would be cool to add. 

12 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Properly armed and properly attired for the occasion is the only way to go :)

Epic man! I can't believe we never thought of that!

See now we need to tweak a cfg to suite a shoty. (Looks like a Mossberg 500 to me)

I wonder if you could set up the barrel with multiple "barrels" which all fire at once. Like the ship guns in NAS. Then offset there alignment to the center of the barrel slightly. Then in the cfg turn the affective range way down as well as the Max Deviation way up.

Edited by V8jester

1 minute ago, V8jester said:

Epic man! I can't believe we never thought of that!

See now we need to tweak a cfg to suite a shoty. (Looks like a Mossberg 500 to me)

I wonder if you could set up the barrel with multiple "barrels" which all fire at once. Like the ship guns in NAS. Then offset there alignment to the center of the barrel slightly. Then in the cfg turn the affective range way down as well as the Max Deviation way up.

Already has multiple fire transforms, deviation per transform 1mtr, 500 mtrs max hits around 3sqm  or 9 kerbals :) also has own sound files and a reload anim, i'll pack one for test later.   Currently working on javelin, would like to get it in game and set for test tonight

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Already has multiple fire transforms, deviation per transform 1mtr, 500 mtrs max hits around 3sqm  or 9 kerbals :) also has own sound files and a reload anim, i'll pack one for test later.   Currently working on javelin, would like to get it in game and set for test tonight

See already 10 steps ahead of me :) I'm working on a new OP video. Nothing too fancy just a "hey looky what these can do"

Nice! Can't wait for it.

Some suggestions. Maybe make the bullet shells a bit smaller. And how are the sound effect? Nothing to hear in the video.

And no new Blaster? Was hoping to see it. Maybe in the future. Anyways, great work guys, this mod is getting really good.

3 minutes ago, Space Scumbag said:

Nice! Can't wait for it.

Some suggestions. Maybe make the bullet shells a bit smaller. And how are the sound effect? Nothing to hear in the video.

And no new Blaster? Was hoping to see it. Maybe in the future. Anyways, great work guys, this mod is getting really good.

V8 has been trying to get ahold of you about the E-11

3 hours ago, Space Scumbag said:

Nice! Can't wait for it.

The Blaster is still in the works. Spanner has been remodeling it as the one from Propros had over 49K Poly's. So to save those with slower computers. He has brought that down to 1200 :)

And as far as sounds. We have tried to do them justice. There are 14 new sounds in the FPS folder this time around. The only reason we haven't released FPS yet is because Spanner just wont stop adding in new stuff. Trust me it'll be well worth the wait.

3 minutes ago, V8jester said:

The Blaster is still in the works. Spanner has been remodeling it as the one from Propros had over 49K Poly's. So to save those with slower computers. He has brought that down to 1200 :)

And as far as sounds. We have tried to do them justice. There are 14 new sounds in the FPS folder this time around. The only reason we haven't released FPS yet is because Spanner just wont stop adding in new stuff. Trust me it'll be well worth the wait.

At this rate we won't have anything for 0.4

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:38 PM, War Eagle 1 said:

At this rate we won't have anything for 0.4

We haven't made a Phaser.....

There is always something new that can be added :) If only Kertex still worked.... Oh the possibilities.

Edited by V8jester

New toys.

Download

0.3 - Spanner's Care Package

Removed all BD Armory rescaled weapons

Re added ammo to all guns so ammo backpacks are again optional

Standardized ammo to "FPS Ammo" for Guns and "FPS Rocket Ammo" for AT4 / Javelin Ammo

Broke out EVA Manager / Weapon Manger as an optional folder in the download (Still buggy But wanted to make it available)

Courtesy of Spanner:

Added - M4A1

Added - M16

Added - AK74

Added E-11 Blaster

Added - Uzi

Added - Scorpion VZ

Added - Deasert Eagle .50

Added - .44 Magnum

Added - Glock 17

Added - M134 Minigun

Added - Javelin Launcher

Added – Milkor MGL

Courtesy of LordPrometheus / Spanner:

Added - AT4

Edited by V8jester

I remeber this was mentioned briefly on this thread a while ago now, but is there a mod that could allow Kerbals to move in groups? (Perhaps the pilot Ai could be 'tricked' into doing this)?

Edited by TheSpaceManiac
second suggestion removed, issue resolved

27 minutes ago, TheSpaceManiac said:

I remeber this was mentioned briefly on this thread a while ago now, but is there a mod that could allow Kerbals to move in groups? (Perhaps the pilot Ai could be 'tricked' into doing this)?

Also a small suggestion would be to cause Kerbals spawning into seats on launch with TakeCommand to automatically be set to be on the same team as the 'parent' vessel to prevent accidental teamkills (happened to me once...)

There is a mod to make kerbals move either independently (fallowing a path) or on command (go to a point)

EVA Fallowers - Patched for 1.0.5

Not sure how I'd handle team spawning like that. But I'll keep that in mind.

On 25/02/2016 at 2:41 PM, BF2_Pilot said:

May I use your Kis CFG?

I want to make some PLA weapons for me like QJY-88 and QBZ-95。

One thing to be aware of though, longer weapons tend to look a bit odd  and those mentioned a very long and spindly so some scaling will be needed, drop me a line if you get stuck though.

And I been asked about doing some laser weapon type stuff for this mod and I'm still not convinced that they will be awesome, but i'm willing to give it a try, so the pic below is likely to be the first laser firing weapon in the FPS armory.

DOrLFlE.jpg

In other news, still doing stuff for future releases, and working on current annoyances, leaning towards dropping the existing javelin launcher as its just to fiddly to use, I have run up and tested to death and passed on to Jester  a much simpler version that doesn't force you to try and align the damn missile in a tube, kis it seems just doesn't care about collisions at all.

13 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

One thing to be aware of though, longer weapons tend to look a bit odd  and those mentioned a very long and spindly so some scaling will be needed, drop me a line if you get stuck though.

And I been asked about doing some laser weapon type stuff for this mod and I'm still not convinced that they will be awesome, but i'm willing to give it a try, so the pic below is likely to be the first laser firing weapon in the FPS armory.

In other news, still doing stuff for future releases, and working on current annoyances, leaning towards dropping the existing javelin launcher as its just to fiddly to use, I have run up and tested to death and passed on to Jester  a much simpler version that doesn't force you to try and align the damn missile in a tube, kis it seems just doesn't care about collisions at all.

I like the idea of a simplified Javelin using the Hellfire. Gives you the proper cold launch and flight path. Downside is having to use the right click menu to fire. But I think the Pro's far outweigh the Con's

Also I added your Pic to the WIP section

5 hours ago, shooty boomy said:

why not add a ironsights feature by adding a iva on the gun that moves with the gun

Welcome to the forums.

The issue with adding either and "IVA" or a hull cam module. Is that either way the sight would remain stationary while the gun moves. Basically in the current state of things it's just not possible. Yes it can be done it just won't fallow the gun like a first person shooter style game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.