[1.1.3] BDArmory FPS - A BDArmory Expansion - 0.4 (9-10-16)

V8jester

24 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Welcome to the forums.

The issue with adding either and "IVA" or a hull cam module. Is that either way the sight would remain stationary while the gun moves. Basically in the current state of things it's just not possible. Yes it can be done it just won't fallow the gun like a first person shooter style game.

How about having a scaled down and remodeled Targeting Pod with no gimbal. So you can just have the Targeting Pod window open a if it were your scope. Maybe even a night vision goggles :D

1 hour ago, BT Industries said:

How about having a scaled down and remodeled Targeting Pod with no gimbal. So you can just have the Targeting Pod window open a if it were your scope. Maybe even a night vision goggles :D

Already done, mostly, a lot  of stuff i do gets a targeting camera prefab, just most are never enabled, mainly as the cam isn't suitable for all types of weapons system.  Though all it consists of is transforms, so it doesn't show on the weapon, and  adding such a thing is not that difficult,  but the camera needs a good few tweaks to get it to behave properly

The one issue is that there's already a lot of stuff going on in the gui and adding more modules will make it very cluttered,

39 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Already done, mostly, a lot  of stuff i do gets a targeting camera prefab, just most are never enabled, mainly as the cam isn't suitable for all types of weapons system.  Though all it consists of is transforms, so it doesn't show on the weapon, and  adding such a thing is not that difficult,  but the camera needs a good few tweaks to get it to behave properly

The one issue is that there's already a lot of stuff going on in the gui and adding more modules will make it very cluttered,

That will be amazing! Can't wait :D

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:39 PM, BT Industries said:

How's it going trying to get a hold of Kertex any luck

Sorry for the late response not sure how I missed it.

No luck yet. Maybe one of these days a suitable solution will present itself.

• 3 weeks later...

I can equip and hold the guns, but when I toggle them on, and try to shoot, nothing happens, even though It says I have full ammo, and even when I wear the ammo backpack. It won't shoot, HELP! ;.;

UPDATE!!!!! Nevermind I got it to work! I just did not put the plugins folder in because I thought it was just an Extra because it was in the Extras folder, Awesome mod!!! :cool:

I would suggest renaming the Folder though, it could confuse some people who are less smart like me. :confused:

Edited by Clone

29 minutes ago, Clone said:

I can equip and hold the guns, but when I toggle them on, and try to shoot, nothing happens, even though It says I have full ammo, and even when I wear the ammo backpack. It won't shoot, HELP! ;.;

UPDATE!!!!! Nevermind I got it to work! I just did not put the plugins folder in because I thought it was just an Extra because it was in the Extras folder, Awesome mod!!! :cool:

I would suggest renaming the Folder though, it could confuse some people who are less smart like me. :confused:

The extras folder is just the files you need to use guard mode (which is still really buggy) That's why it was split off on it's own like that.

Glad you got it working though.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Noob21 said:

Doesn't give me the shooting prompt, with or without that BDArmory Kerbal Wep Manager plugin or not

Are you fallowing the instructions in the OP? You are right clicking the gun while it is pointing forward? And are you using this on 1.0.5? It and BD Armory are not updated to 1.1 yet.

29 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Are you fallowing the instructions in the OP? You are right clicking the gun while it is pointing forward? And are you using this on 1.0.5? It and BD Armory are not updated to 1.1 yet.

Yep. And it's in 1.0.5. It's giving me the aim marker and everything but nothing happens when I click.

7 hours ago, Noob21 said:

Yep. And it's in 1.0.5. It's giving me the aim marker and everything but nothing happens when I click.

Does this also happen with the weapon manager stuff removed? This was one of the bugs exhibited with adding the weapon manager to the kerbals. That's why I broke it out separately.

edit

N/M you already answered that. I have not tried any of this with KIS 1.2.6 there may be an issue there. I will mess around with it this evening and see if I can reproduce.

Edited by V8jester

6 hours ago, V8jester said:

Does this also happen with the weapon manager stuff removed? This was one of the bugs exhibited with adding the weapon manager to the kerbals. That's why I broke it out separately.

edit

N/M you already answered that. I have not tried any of this with KIS 1.2.6 there may be an issue there. I will mess around with it this evening and see if I can reproduce.

Actually now it works, but only with the BDA stuff added. For whatever reason BDA has been screwy with me and refuses to work without a weapon manager.

3 minutes ago, Noob21 said:

Actually now it works, but only with the BDA stuff added. For whatever reason BDA has been screwy with me and refuses to work without a weapon manager.

There ya go. So yeah BDA and KIS are required plugins for this mod to function. 

10 minutes ago, V8jester said:

There ya go. So yeah BDA and KIS are required plugins for this mod to function. 

I already had BDA installed, I'm not that much of a mongoloid, it's just that it didn't work until I added the extra plugin.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TwinKerbal said:

Kind of a stupid question that's probably already been answered before (I just don't want to look through 11 pages) but is this compatible with the bd armory ai and guard mode?

It is "sort of"

There are some quarks with KIS an BD armory working together. I broke out all the weapon manager / guard modes stuff in the download so it could be used or left out. I have not tried FPS with 1.1 yet but I expect it to work just fine.

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

It is "sort of"

There are some quarks with KIS an BD armory working together. I broke out all the weapon manager / guard modes stuff in the download so it could be used or left out. I have not tried FPS with 1.1 yet but I expect it to work just fine.

Has KIS been updated to 1.1?

11 hours ago, V8jester said:

It is "sort of"

So how would it work? I send out my kerbal, he walks around, and then would I just open his inventory and do something?

25 minutes ago, TwinKerbal said:

So how would it work? I send out my kerbal, he walks around, and then would I just open his inventory and do something?

!/  while in sph or vab place weapons in kerbals seat or personal inventory

2/ launch kerbal

3/ send kerbal on eva

4/ press r to activate backpack/mmu this places kerbals hands in correct position for holding weapons

5/ open kerbal kis inventory and select weapon of choice

6/ assign weapon to kerbal

7/ click on weapon to activate using  BD armory gui, and guard mode

Guard mode is best used with normal weaponry, rockets and missiles can be troublesome. Generally guard mode is effective against other armed kerbals and vehicles. Missiles and rockets are best aimed and fired manually.

As already mentioned the guard mode is still in development and was never intended for use by Kerbals and as such the results can be variable depending on the situation

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

8 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

!/  while in sph or vab place weapons in kerbals seat or personal inventory

2/ launch kerbal

3/ send kerbal on eva

4/ press r to activate backpack/mmu this places kerbals hands in correct position for holding weapons

5/ open kerbal kis inventory and select weapon of choice

6/ assign weapon to kerbal

7/ click on weapon to activate using  BD armory gui, and guard mode

Guard mode is best used with normal weaponry, rockets and missiles can be troublesome. Generally guard mode is effective against other armed kerbals and vehicles. Missiles and rockets are best aimed and fired manually.

As already mentioned the guard mode is still in development and was never intended for use by Kerbals and as such the results can be variable depending on the situation

Ok, thank you

11 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Can you add MANPADS platforms? :D

Hi, technically you can fire anything from the simple javelin launcher, we've tried weapons that are tube based like "Man-portable air-defense systems"  . Early trials of the replica  javelin launcher proved it to be so much hassle to use, placing the missile in the tube with the correct orientation was not easy or enjoyable, a lot of which is due to the angle the launcher is attached to the kerbal. Then there are issues with the missile colliding with the tube itself if not perfectly aligned. Stack nodes do not work with KIS which only leaves a surface attachment, as you know not the most accurate attachment method. Yes we can and did try removing collider and the weapon collision check, but that leaves the missiles sticking out of the side of the launcher, which may be OK for some people but most player wouldn't like it, we didn't.

Thinking on though I'm wondering if we could tweak some stuff on the AT4 and actually make it a guided instead of unguided rocket, the AT4 uses a specially made hydra(H70) style rocket and that is automatically loaded by BDA, a feature that is missing from missiles. The down side is whereas an FPS missile launcher allows you to carry multiple missiles in the kerbals inventory and so reload the weapon. A rocket launcher is one shot only, there being no way I've found to load rockets while in IVA, though you can use hyper edit to reload rockets anytime. I shall ponder this further.

Beh9fsi.png

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, technically you can fire anything from the simple javelin launcher, we've tried weapons that are tube based like "Man-portable air-defense systems"  . Early trials of the replica  javelin launcher proved it to be so much hassle to use, placing the missile in the tube with the correct orientation was not easy or enjoyable, a lot of which is due to the angle the launcher is attached to the kerbal. Then there are issues with the missile colliding with the tube itself if not perfectly aligned. Stack nodes do not work with KIS which only leaves a surface attachment, as you know not the most accurate attachment method. Yes we can and did try removing collider and the weapon collision check, but that leaves the missiles sticking out of the side of the launcher, which may be OK for some people but most player wouldn't like it, we didn't.

Thinking on though I'm wondering if we could tweak some stuff on the AT4 and actually make it a guided instead of unguided rocket, the AT4 uses a specially made hydra(H70) style rocket and that is automatically loaded by BDA, a feature that is missing from missiles. The down side is whereas an FPS missile launcher allows you to carry multiple missiles in the kerbals inventory and so reload the weapon. A rocket launcher is one shot only, there being no way I've found to load rockets while in IVA, though you can use hyper edit to reload rockets anytime. I shall ponder this further.

Beh9fsi.png

There's a hydra 70 reload pod mod available. Say, we can rescale it and make it thinner, allowing for two or three more missiles. It will not be carried on a kerbal's back, but would rather have to be put on a vehicle (i.e. a cargo truck). You would right click, click around the menu, and it will load into the launcher. That's how MANPADS work, missiles are not carried by the user.

I'm also thinking of a portable artillery piece, like a cannon with a foldable tripod. That brings me to this:

We can use Kerbal Follower or the techniques used in creating it, to create a kerbal AI. Doesn't have to be complex- just functions for turning, running, jumping, etc. The most important thing here, without which this pack is completely unrealistic, is for the kerbals to follow the basics of maneuver warfare. If you are interested, I will explain in more detail on manned warfare basics, in combination with armored transport vehicles- perhaps you would want to use them. Some advice for now: weaken the power of most of the assault rifles, submachine guns, and pistols. They are meant for killing people, not demobilizing vehicles, and therefore should not even pose an effect on armour. The actual things that should be doing that job are handheld ATGMs, RPGs, and specialized anti-tank rifles, or MANPADS for low-and-slow aerial vehicles. By the way, Anti-tank rifles should not be strong/damaging too: you can't bring down tanks with them, but can bore a few holes through low-armored vehicles.

Edited by Matuchkin

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.