[1.1.3] BDArmory FPS - A BDArmory Expansion - 0.4 (9-10-16)

V8jester

44 minutes ago, guesswho2778 said:

maybe update the ksp vesion bit then

Hi can't do that  because it's  purely ornamental, the weapons will not damage vehicles, well two of them will. but Kerbal FPS was the complete and only aim of this mod,  anything else was a side effect of my involvement.

So until the day that, kerbal FPS, is again possible,  then the mod is indeed broken and not fit for purpose. Not the first mod to be made obsolete by game changes, and it probably will not be the last.  

I was not happy the day i found out, that a last minute changed had killed it,,  but that was a good while ago now.. 

17 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi can't do that  because it's  purely ornamental, the weapons will not damage vehicles, well two of them will. but Kerbal FPS was the complete and only aim of this mod,  anything else was a side effect of my involvement.

So until the day that, kerbal FPS, is again possible,  then the mod is indeed broken and not fit for purpose. Not the first mod to be made obsolete by game changes, and it probably will not be the last.  

I was not happy the day i found out, that a last minute changed had killed it,,  but that was a good while ago now.. 

Yes it is broken. But it still can work even in version 1.3.1. I poked a little with СFG files and it works. If you are interested I can tell you how. And then it's possible for you to get ideas from which side you can go. For KERBO-troopers!Cheers!)))

On 10/20/2017 at 4:59 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

hi well i tested all of the and there was only one that didnt work at that was the stormtrooper one, all of them apart from that one blew up at least one part oh and the guns did kill some kerbals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

Sir can you update this badass mod for ksp 1.3.1 ?

Hi due to the current stage of BDA development there will not be a official  version of BD FPS that will work in 1.3.1 with the current BDA full release.  ALL weapon mods are currently set up or being set up for use in the upcoming BDA overhauled damage version, and all the tests shown are from that environment.   To some extent previous releases will work in the current BDA release, but it's performance is poor to to under the hood changes in BDA.  The balance and even cfg's between the two versions are very different .

With luck I'll be posting links for all the available betas shortly

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jack gamer said:

Where do I find the WW2 helmet, if there is one, because I found a part named "WW2 helmet".

Hi, and erm if you've found it you've already found it :)
There are two and they are both located in the parts folder for BD FPS

On 3/3/2018 at 3:24 PM, Sorabh said:

Hello, will these work with 1.3.1? I am not talking about functionality, thats clearly broken..But will kerbals hold the guns and fire them? Even if its just for show?

yes. sorry for slow reply

22 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, and erm if you've found it you've already found it :)
There are two and they are both located in the parts folder for BD FPS

yes. sorry for slow reply

sorry I meant to say "where do I put the WW2 helmet", sorry I can't type correctly

19 minutes ago, jack gamer said:

sorry I meant to say "where do I put the WW2 helmet", sorry I can't type correctly

To use all the parts in FPS you'll  need KIS ,  you then load a craft , right click on the command pod , and select the seat inventory you want the item in,  drag and drop item from menu into inventory window repeat until satisfied .  close inventory windows and launch craft,  once craft has loaded send Kerb on EVA, right click Kerb , select open inventory and click on the item you wish to fit, items will automatically jump to location of  fitting, so hats to heads, and guns to right  hands,  note that Kerb must be inn backpack use position before fitting weapons

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

To use all the parts in FPS you'll  need KIS ,  you then load a craft , right click on the command pod , and select the seat inventory you want the item in,  drag and drop item from menu into inventory window repeat until satisfied .  close inventory windows and launch craft,  once craft has loaded send Kerb on EVA, right click Kerb , select open inventory and click on the item you wish to fit, items will automatically jump to location of  fitting, so hats to heads, and guns to right  hands,  note that Kerb must be inn backpack use position before fitting weapons

Alright thx.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/21/2018 at 12:16 PM, Sorabh said:

Its alright,no worries!! Meanwhile, this happened!

qubQ4UJ.png

How do you make guns equipsble on both hands? Wanna have 2 miniguns shooting down planes.

Also, i use ksp v 1.4.3 and bdac v 1.2.1.1, and my rocket launchers cannot use the rocket in my backpack. Dunno if its ok for me to ask about this. Other than that, the mods is kinda working with these new versions.

Edited by Xd the great
Plus the hellfires go haywire. Also, i cant find the javeline missile

5 hours ago, Xd the great said:

How do you make guns equipsble on both hands?

Well, I duplicated the part, messed with the cfg files, changing the equipBoneName to that of the left hand and then adjusting the positions.

And I am reeaallllyyy sorry to burst your bubble, but  those guns aren't actually firing...You see, those are mere KIS Props by this point, not actual weapons.... The Kerbal was positioned in that manner by using Kerbal Animation Suite...... The plume and the flash from the gun nozzle were added by fiddling about with the smoke and flash textures and Paint.net....

Kerbals will not dual wield in BD-FPS, and never in such a suave manner.. I only made Jeb Wik(erman) because someone thought it would be cute if kerbals would shoot guns while smiling and when she 'thinks that something should be like bla bla..' its her way of telling me that "Sorabh! Make that happen! This instant!" and I have to obey!! Or else she wont make me lunch!! . (She had just watched John Wick: Volume 1) (please don't kill me.... ):blush: (That pic briefly gave me an idea for a story where Kerbals are introduced to violence, but it dindn't really work out.....)

6 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Other than that, the mods is compatible with these new versions.

BD FPS as is available to download is not compatible with the latest BDA versions,  many things have to be rearranged in order for it to fully functional and most importantly not spam the log.  ( i did mention this in ref to your comment in the main BD Armory thread ) Please do not  provide false information . The mod will be available in it's correct form when the time is right , and not before.  No issue support or bugfixing will be available for use in non supported versions

Once DoctorDavinci  has reached a point in his current project where he can release beta versions , I will make available a Version of this mod that is not tied to his project, although I'm guessing that once those who want to weaponise  kerbals find out what it is, and the toys that come along with it,  then this mod will no longer be required. 

While it is fully possible to bully  old versions into working with the latest and any BDA from 1.2.2 onwards it is not something I'd recommend.

16 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

BD FPS as is available to download is not compatible with the latest BDA versions,  many things have to be rearranged in order for it to fully functional and most importantly not spam the log.  ( i did mention this in ref to your comment in the main BD Armory thread ) Please do not  provide false information . The mod will be available in it's correct form when the time is right , and not before.  No issue support or bugfixing will be available for use in non supported versions

Once DoctorDavinci  has reached a point in his current project where he can release beta versions , I will make available a Version of this mod that is not tied to his project, although I'm guessing that once those who want to weaponise  kerbals find out what it is, and the toys that come along with it,  then this mod will no longer be required. 

While it is fully possible to bully  old versions into working with the latest and any BDA from 1.2.2 onwards it is not something I'd recommend.

sorry, my english needs some working

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.