[1.1.3] BDArmory FPS - A BDArmory Expansion - 0.4 (9-10-16)

V8jester

Ehhhhh!!!! WHAT IN THE KRAKEN!!! :0.0:

It's like you started this project as a FPS addon and then you found that to be too easy. Then you said ,"Screw it!" and then made a unholy mix of Modern Warefare, Attack on Titan and Fortnite!!!!

Mind breaking! Awaiting the release!!!!

2 hours ago, PaperPlanets said:

would this work on 1.2? it looks really cool

Hi you  can try the 1.1.3 version available from spacedock. however changes to the Kerbals in the 1.2 series meant that BDA weapons were unable to cause any  damage to Kerbals . It was theses changes that effectively stopped development at KSP 1.2.1.  I can say for certain that the version available on spacedock  will not work ( by my definition of work ie No log spam)   in any version from from KSP 1.2.1 - KSP 1.4.x inclusive

3 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Frag grenades and left hand shields. 

Hi, shields yes, but no, as they'd get in the way, and have little practical value ,   grenades, as they are commonly understood No,  Kerbals cant throw, so yeah i can give them a grenade, but it's all gonna end badly

2g9fx1l.png

Double handed guns.

Not really for a few reasons,  you would not believe how fine the balance is on a kerbal, every gram that is not exactly on the kerbals center line causes the kerbs to slide or spin around. Next, there's no difference between BDA full and the tiny FPS,  so while you could fire in theory two same type guns, you couldn't have a pistol in in one hand and a machine gun in the other and use both, and problem 1 causes balance issues with so much weight out front ,  A third reason has also occurred to me, and that is , there is no universal mapping for the guns position. Each gun has to be mapped to the exact bone of the kerbal, so to have two Deagles for instance, one in each hand , would require two separate cfgs,  and for the weapons an ammo used to be re balanced, so as not to cause problem 1

Daggers and melee weapons. 

Yes and no , it can be done, but is pointless  as the Kerbs have no real function apart from walk run swim and fall.  no throw, no parry. no swing  pretty dumb really. But here you go some silliness
Yzb6H8C.png

Sniper guns 

Sadly no,  why because it looks silly. there are a couple of rifles, and a sniper rifle already in there, But  in order to look right when attached to a Kerb they have to be much proportionally smaller than a real version,  whereas, pistols , machine pistols,  and carbines dont look too bad, and in my opinion the rifles are just  for  laughs, to get something that would work for a kerb body shape , you'd have to move away from HUMAN shaped weapons, ie make something up . and really thats not what people want. 
Check the weapons already within the mod,   and compare the sizes  , although, many of the dev things you may see in Docs screen shots are not in the released version.  as KSP 1.2.1 broke the mod completely  and I was not prepared to release what I knew to work very well parts , in what its or was at the time an irretrievably broken mod
I've not mentioned the 30 other things that have to be watched out for when dealing with Kerbs all of which is what makes arming Kerbs such a tricky business
KspoqHZ.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

ah i see what you mean there. Scopes?

5 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, shields yes, but no, as they'd get in the way, and have little practical value ,   grenades, as they are commonly understood No,  Kerbals cant throw, so yeah i can give them a grenade, but it's all gonna end badly

2g9fx1l.png

Not really for a few reasons,  you would not believe how fine the balance is on a kerbal, every gram that is not exactly on the kerbals center line causes the kerbs to slide or spin around. Next, there's no difference between BDA full and the tiny FPS,  so while you could fire in theory two same type guns, you couldn't have a pistol in in one hand and a machine gun in the other and use both, and problem 1 causes balance issues with so much weight out front ,  A third reason has also occurred to me, and that is , there is no universal mapping for the guns position. Each gun has to be mapped to the exact bone of the kerbal, so to have two Deagles for instance, one in each hand , would require two separate cfgs,  and for the weapons an ammo used to be re balanced, so as not to cause problem 1

Yes and no , it can be done, but is pointless  as the Kerbs have no real function apart from walk run swim and fall.  no throw, no parry. no swing  pretty dumb really. But here you go some silliness
Yzb6H8C.png

Sadly no,  why because it looks silly. there are a couple of rifles, and a sniper rifle already in there, But  in order to look right when attached to a Kerb they have to be much proportionally smaller than a real version,  whereas, pistols , machine pistols,  and carbines dont look too bad, and in my opinion the rifles are just  for  laughs, to get something that would work for a kerb body shape , you'd have to move away from HUMAN shaped weapons, ie make something up . and really thats not what people want. 
Check the weapons already within the mod,   and compare the sizes  , although, many of the dev things you may see in Docs screen shots are not in the released version.  as KSP 1.2.1 broke the mod completely  and I was not prepared to release what I knew to work very well parts , in what its or was at the time an irretrievably broken mod
I've not mentioned the 30 other things that have to be watched out for when dealing with Kerbs all of which is what makes arming Kerbs such a tricky business
KspoqHZ.png

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yes the SA 80  and the at2 and at4 both have built in BDA targeting cameras

AwX3T2h.png

Huh. So the kerbals cannot hold other guns and use laser targeting at the same time? I.e. a left hand targeting pod?

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

No,  Kerbals cant throw, so yeah i can give them a grenade, but it's all gonna end badly

2g9fx1l.png

Guess i will have to stick to the KAS explosives then. What about sticky bombs? Landmines?

Geez im so hyper.

Edited by Xd the great

• 2 weeks later...

1944 colorized

A group of young American heroes explode ksp parts made of foam. By golly, did they get good hits or else those stukas would keep whining that terrible sound

Wait they may have removed the sirens already. Oh they did?

shh this is propaganda 

Silliness aside, this is gonna be awesome :)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Tntman93 said:

Anyone know a fix for this? (KSP 1.4.4)

If the mod is properly installed, and you have KIS installed, you should have or it will not work,  all the weapons should be located in both the KIS parts category and the BDA parts category .  NOTE in no way is the version you are trying to run ready for KSP past 1.2.1 OR BDA past V1 weapons will not function correctly.

Development continues.

9 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

If the mod is properly installed, and you have KIS installed, you should have or it will not work,  all the weapons should be located in both the KIS parts category and the BDA parts category .  NOTE in no way is the version you are trying to run ready for KSP past 1.2.1 OR BDA past V1 weapons will not function correctly.

Development continues.

BDA Weapons still work, but i'll just not use this mod then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
23 minutes ago, OPBlue said:

for some reason it wont let me equip any weapon or backpack with the mod

HI, nope, it's definitely broken now,   bear in mind it was last updated for ksp 1.2  and there's been no release  since,  the mod itself has fallen way behind BDA in cfg specs  and now the changes to kerbals mean that this version will no longer attach.  It is  fairly easy to fix for personal use, see  the kis wiki .  I have fully updated and modernised the pack  but due to other extensive modding commitments  I'll be tied up with other things for a while,
It's my intention to make the new BDFPS,  which will be called SMI_SmallArms, available  through the SM Armory thread rather than its own thread, also so watch out for a new mod that gives arming kerbals a real purpose

5udMIVg.png

Spoiler

6A4b27f.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/20/2019 at 12:06 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI, nope, it's definitely broken now,   bear in mind it was last updated for ksp 1.2  and there's been no release  since,  the mod itself has fallen way behind BDA in cfg specs  and now the changes to kerbals mean that this version will no longer attach.  It is  fairly easy to fix for personal use, see  the kis wiki .  I have fully updated and modernised the pack  but due to other extensive modding commitments  I'll be tied up with other things for a while,
It's my intention to make the new BDFPS,  which will be called SMI_SmallArms, available  through the SM Armory thread rather than its own thread, also so watch out for a new mod that gives arming kerbals a real purpose

5udMIVg.png

Reveal hidden contents

6A4b27f.png

Hey, thanks for working on this! its something im really looking forward to! any words on a new updated version?

• 3 years later...
On 1/20/2019 at 12:06 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

5udMIVg.png

Reveal hidden contents

6A4b27f.png

this still happening?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.