Boeing's Starliner

Kryten

'Starliner' is no different to 'astronaut', which translates from the Greek to 'star sailor'. Nobody expects either to actually go to the stars.

Easy enough done, take the capsule, apply a dV of about 18000 m/sec, heading orbital retrograde, when it crashes into the sun, it has officially travelled to a star. I kind of recommend a

heat reflector though, it would kind of melt before reaching its target.

Am i the only one who actually likes CST-100 as a name? The same goes for SLS for me. Honestly i don't really see the point for a name unless it is there from the get go.

Edit.

Sorry mitch just saw your post.

Edited by Dodgey

Am i the only one who actually likes CST-100 as a name? The same goes for SLS for me. Honestly i don't really see the point for a name unless it is there from the get go.

Edit.

Sorry mitch just saw your post.

The name is "CST-100 StarLiner". You know, like a "787 DreamLiner" or "F-22 Raptor", "F-35 Lightning II", "C-17 GlobeMaster III", "UH-60 BlackHawk", etc...

Those monikers don't serve much purpose anyway. They are really only used in marketing material and in the media. You'll never see a pilot refer to an F-16 as a Fighting Falcon or an air-traffic controller use the name DreamLiner for a 787.

Edited by Nibb31

Shenzhou is actually an entirely unique design, simply borrowing the basic configuration of the spacecraft, and aerodynamic characteristics of the capsule.

There's some Russian engineering in there, but it was brought in well after the design process had already started.