(1.0.4 Compatible) SSP: Space Shuttle Program (On Hold for Internal Reorganization)

Sampa

Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
    • What's CSS?

Hi there, just downloaded the new 1.7.9 and I got a few problems

1. The OMS/RCS on the nose does not work at all (my previous was 1.7.3.1 and it worked)

1.1 So only the RCS ports on the tail fires and so roll is very unbalanced, backward translation was also not possible (the function was at the nose)

2. The space shuttle flat spins when stalled so stall recovery is impossible(even with RCS), move CG a bit forward than Center of Lift by default will solve the problem (just a bit will do)

3. Putting it on high speed reduction attitude (e.g. 20 degree AoA and 45 degrees bank) on re-entry may cause control surface to rip off

3.1 The parachute's temperature gauge flashes on re-entry so it may overheat and explode, I suggest increasing the temperature tolerance for the parachute.

I noticed the docking port is now fused to the Crew Containment Module, so now the parts doesn't come with a separate APAS Port. The APAS port looks really realistic and I put on other ships as well, could you re-include it in the next release ?

Also, I'd like to apply for the beta-testing as well, how do I apply ?

Thanks a lot,

Jolly

Yep my bad. Didn't mean for this to grow like this..... Sorry

- - - Updated - - -

But I would like hotrockets configs!

No problem, i actually let it go for a bit, hoping it would be that, when it didn't i made thebrequest.

For the hot rockets, idea gathered from felbourn's project alexandria.

No problem, i actually let it go for a bit, hoping it would be that, when it didn't i made thebrequest.

For the hot rockets, idea gathered from felbourn's project alexandria.

If Felbourn has already done the work, why not see if it can be used here? why have mike reinvent the wheel if we don't have too?

Your mod + rss + rve = truly a beautiful KSP. Currently editing a video with your mod and all i can say is... wow...

http://i.imgur.com/7f1B494.jpg

Edit.glad you enjoy the mod and the work that everyone has put into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I invited Felbourn to join the team to make a Hot Rockets Config for SSP. He accepted graciously and has said that he is going to make an AMA talking about how to make one.

Would be a good download patch for those who want it. What about the other smoke one?

- - - Updated - - -

Enterprise has been neglected a bit, so will update its model tonight

I was thinking of having the configs in to run them in the download itself already in the base file. if a person wants to use either of them or both, they can download them themselves.

Can go in parches folder and be included

Edit.glad you enjoy the mod and the work that everyone has put into it.

Thanks! the video will be up in a day or two, ill be sure to post it here when I do. Anyways here is the thumbnail for the video :)

G5H8gDQ.jpg

Hey Sampa, when I was doing a docking, the front RCS ports stopped working, and I ended up nearly smashing the item to bits. Is this a bug or glitch that you already know of, or is this something new? I would appreciate that you fixed this, as it is extremely inconvenient.