(1.0.4 Compatible) SSP: Space Shuttle Program (On Hold for Internal Reorganization)

Sampa

Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
    • What's CSS?

guys, let's please focus on the shuttle please.

Cant do much while at work and since its just me doing shuttle work, waiting for list, we can chat about other stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Well you sound enthusiastic

- - - Updated - - -

Mike, did you get my notes on the Valkyrie?

I know of the issues and thanks for the info but need time to complete it.... love flying it.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you pm me again anyway so I dont loose track of it

- - - Updated - - -

Im usually avilable 20 to 22 hours a day for priority updates or anything

Yes. Something like an installer how KSO kerban shuttle orbiter has it.

It will be similar. I can't say it will be exact but similar. I've been experimenting with different ideas. I'll let you know what I come up with. I want it to be as professional as possible and able to run on all vista and up machines.

Mike raises a very good point here. Now that it is said that we have a team and manager I also expect some more managing. I do not see any improvement on organization since the great exodus. I also expect more things like to do lists, bug lists, goals and dates. I have to agree with Mike that we are now more like an uncontrolled booster.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm reading this I can see it comming a bit harsh, but thats not how I mean it. I just want this shuttle to be a big succes and since it is my proffession to manage big construction 3D design projects, maybe my expectations are a bit too high :P. How about we put all the goals and status in colors (red orange green) on the first page. Just like the RSE mod as example?

Mike raises a very good point here. Now that it is said that we have a team and manager I also expect some more managing. I do not see any improvement on organization since the great exodus. I also expect more things like to do lists, bug lists, goals and dates. I have to agree with Mike that we are now more like an uncontrolled booster.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm reading this I can see it comming a bit harsh, but thats not how I mean it. I just want this shuttle to be a big succes and since it is my proffession to manage big construction 3D design projects, maybe my expectations are a bit too high :P. How about we put all the goals and status in colors (red orange green) on the first page. Just like the RSE mod as example?

Yes thanks. I want to tighten things up a bit in terms of goals to work from.

Everyone has different priorities but I am guessing we need a collective decision.

I get carried away with other stuff( my bad) but doing the not so fun aero corrections now.

So far:

Aligned COM exactly behind COL. It was way off

Removed one piece

Update will only contain core shuttle items

Seperate download for all other items I made for ksp

Increased wing lift for more glide

Fixed airlock physics glitch (bouncing endlessly on water)

Fixed tail to correct size

Adjusted SSME gimball to a much smoother speed

Updated craft file

Checked rcs fully functional

- - - Updated - - -

Up next I will uodate my far install and run FAR tests.

whoops I typed it wrong

its this anyway, as fuel drains it gets slightly closer.

jat9HcL.png

also here is glide right now

7PJ0qMp.pngulexw7h.png

- - - Updated - - -

I am putting together upload now

- - - Updated - - -

also removed extra APAS and added actual docking to the airlock.

one less part.

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize for that, I am rather scatter-brained atm due to finals coming up, so management is on the low priority list. Also, daedaelus hasn't been feeling well, so we have been unable to hire anyone new or even do interviews to do so.

whoops I typed it wrong

its this anyway, as fuel drains it gets slightly closer.

http://i.imgur.com/jat9HcL.png

also here is glide right now

http://i.imgur.com/7PJ0qMp.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/ulexw7h.png

- - - Updated - - -

I am putting together upload now

- - - Updated - - -

also removed extra APAS and added actual docking to the airlock.

one less part.

Yes perfecto

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize for that, I am rather scatter-brained atm due to finals coming up, so management is on the low priority list. Also, daedaelus hasn't been feeling well, so we have been unable to hire anyone new or even do interviews to do so.

Its more about setting clear goals, keeping track of progress and clear communication than hiring more people and PR. I think its best and most efficient you first need to learn to manage this small team before thinking of expanding. Just my opinion ofcourse :wink:

Um guys, I haven't got anything to do here. Sampa said I could help you Mike with the crawler, but as far as I can see it's already completed, and I doubt I'd be a help in config.

Again, we need clear goals what to do, and who does what (Sorry Sampa, I know you have much to do, but I don't want this to fail again).

just note that the updated mod is up on github and I sent you the far config via pm. it works but not pretty to fly. needs someone to test and edit

there is also a addons download to go on github. will get a download link when I make a release

I'm technically a nobody right now with this but may I make a suggestion? Great!

The problem that occurred last time was a lack of direction/goal of the project. In project management, something I am quite familiar with, the project team must first come up with short-term, mid-term, and long-term goals before any work occurs. Without this goal setting portion, the ship is basically without a rudder and is taken hither and thither by the four winds. I suggest that you stop development, sit down with the entire team or at least the top three of the project management and set some goals. When the goals are set, creative courses of actions can be, well, created (who, what, when, where, why) for each goal and a timeline for each as well. This may take a bit of time but imagine just being able to sit down and have everything already laid out on when it needs to be done and what needs to be done! All this being said, I'm not in the management team and I am not certain as to what has actually already been discussed off the cuff and what is going on behind the scenes but it seems like there is a lack of direction among the project team. Hope this helps.

Cheers.:)

everyone who has a recent release will be notified ingame that a new release is out.

can you post up that the old space_shuttle/Parts/Onepiece folder should be deleted and replaced with latest install. if not, they will still have the one piece in there.

wont cause issues but if they use it, it wont be supported

- - - Updated - - -

I'm technically a nobody right now with this but may I make a suggestion? Great!

The problem that occurred last time was a lack of direction/goal of the project. In project management, something I am quite familiar with, the project team must first come up with short-term, mid-term, and long-term goals before any work occurs. Without this goal setting portion, the ship is basically without a rudder and is taken hither and thither by the four winds. I suggest that you stop development, sit down with the entire team or at least the top three of the project management and set some goals. When the goals are set, creative courses of actions can be, well, created (who, what, when, where, why) for each goal and a timeline for each as well. This may take a bit of time but imagine just being able to sit down and have everything already laid out on when it needs to be done and what needs to be done! All this being said, I'm not in the management team and I am not certain as to what has actually already been discussed off the cuff and what is going on behind the scenes but it seems like there is a lack of direction among the project team. Hope this helps.

Cheers.:)

I agree. I just enjoy making stuff and I get distracted, then overwhelmed by my own bugs lol.

I updated the shuttle to what I assume is right and what I have read.

just a list to work from would be simple and effecive

- - - Updated - - -

my own to do list now:

1.shuttle lighting
2.Crawler functionality
3. RO test/config
4. FAR feedback for editing
5.Dream chaser...?