(1.0.4 Compatible) SSP: Space Shuttle Program (On Hold for Internal Reorganization)

Sampa

Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
    • What's CSS?

Same story over and over again. This should be a dev thread, however, is full of quarrel and misunderstandings. Let me tell you some things:

1st. Never quarrel on thread, do it on pm.

2nd Stop quitting from the project everytime someone does not like something.

3rd Publish more updates info. Over 60 pages and I have rarely seen a screenshot, only you guys discuss about stuff that shouldn't be on this thread ("Hey guys, I leave!" "No wait, I'm in again" and things like that)

4th please close this thread. Get a serious team and stop changing teams every goddamn time.

You guys just lost a follower. You act like a bunch of little kids fighting over who should play first in a fifa game.

Edited by trooperMNG

Look guys,

I'm doing my very best right now to sort out this mess. But I can't do it when there are people leaving left and right, and people arguing, and people complaining about people leaving the team, and then "leaving" support of this. I cannot get this entire thing sorted out if no one listens to me. It will have to be a group effort.

This needs to be sorted out. I and many other people here don't want to this mod that has so much potential and that is already so awesome be destroyed by petty arguments and misunderstandings. I know that the team that's working on this mod is better than to just let personal fights derail this mod. C'mon guys, we can do this. I'm not giving up on you guys just yet.

You do have the latest version right? And stock or Realism overhaul, I dont remember if I asked.

Also have you installed rcsFX mod? Comes with download.

Sampa, can you ask around to see if we need adjustments to reaction torque and who isnt getting rcs.

RCSFX is installed and im playing stock and i removed the 747 due to RAM issues,I also have RCS Build Aid installed, I downloaded the shuttle 4 days ago...

Edited by Noah_Blade
Forgot To add verison

The OP doesn't make it clear, does this not have an RSS/RO config? Or does it?

Work in progress...though, due to an internal crisis, development is being put on hold for internal reorganization

- - - Updated - - -

And, I am going to sit on the sidelines for a while to clear my head

RCSFX is installed and im playing stock and i removed the 747 due to RAM issues,I also have RCS Build Aid installed, I downloaded the shuttle 4 days ago...

Ok so while things are happening with who looks aftet forum page I feel I should still help out bugs

Let me install the download and reproduce this problem.

If I find the fault and correct it then update the download.

Thanks for the report

You guys just lost a follower. You act like a bunch of little kids fighting over who should play first in a fifa game.

The complaining.. This isn't a paid DLC, they're using up their time for your benefit, and you complain how their management is messed up..

._.

maybe this for a form to fill out, for page one and to copy paste on forum:

=====================================================

ERROR REPORT LOG

KSP Version:.........................

SSP Mod Version:.............................

FAR/Realism Overhaul (yes/no).................................

Basic error description:...................................

Details (please state possible cause if possible):.............................

======================================================

Edited by Mike-NZ

rules and priorities:

1. personal issues to be sent via PM only.

2. error template to be used, posters to be directed to/given the template.

3. priority list to be created/maintained.

====================================================

PRIORITIES. (Main focus or important work/fixes)

Side Projects:

extra offered work:

================================================

- - - Updated - - -

this is my suggestions. that said, I will leave the forum and have management maintain the content and contact me off page to resolve issues or tasks to be undertaken.

I can be contacted via PM or through Sampa/Spock or just posting on the addon page.

im sure this can be maintained with a bit of effort.

The complaining.. This isn't a paid DLC, they're using up their time for your benefit, and you complain how their management is messed up..

._.

I was not complaining. I know that this is not a payware or a DLC, but I mean that working in this way it's not productive. I know that because I was a (freeware) modder for FS2004 and FSX, and I'm into team working and stuff (have been working for premium mod producers). I also received my daily dose of comments, positives and negatives, but I always took them as a useful feedback. Regarding this thread, after a lot of (in the eyes of a normal user) useless and unproductive quarrel, they lost me as a follower, not a buyer. I was really excited for this mod, but I feel that maybe it is a too much complex project. I hope that in the future things will go better.

Sorry for off topic

Hey, Sampa, Mike, Spock, and whoever else is on the team:

First of all, I want to say I LOVE this mod, and thanks so much to you all for putting this together! The SSP is such an iconic space program, and mods like this and FASA are what keep me coming back for more KSP. I recently installed the ISS mod, and I'm having loads of fun assembling the station - 3 modules up already!

Second, I've been checking the comments on the SSP threads now and then, and I noticed there seems to be a lot of organizational and inter-personal issues that keep popping up. If you're interested, I have quite a bit of software project management experience, and I'm absolutely willing to help out as a project manager to take some of the load off of y'all's backs. I can help with things like: roadmapping what needs to be done next; assigning tasks to whoever's available; streamlining and simplifying versions and releases; keeping track of bugs; and maybe even some of the community-facing support. Overall just keeping things organized so you guys don't have to keep track of it all and can focus on doing what you love most.

Send me a PM if you'd like to talk more, I'm eager to help in any way I can!

But in the meantime, if you'll excuse me, I've got a Z1 to attach to Unity =D

until the forum is back in progress and run by management, I need to upload a patch to somewhere to fix non working RCS (incorrect transform name)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hk7tic0cjq3a2c/OrbiterUpdate.zip?dl=0

this also adds Enterprise model and texture into the orbiter as a switchable item (removing the need for separate model)

However, this means it has all the attach nodes and fuels of the standard orbiter. its up to you on how realistic you want the game to be...

pics because no one else is uploading any for updates

0ly3Jnw.pngUGyi4lY.png

If we could sort this stuff out, I think we'll be golden.

Do you need a new team after everyone left? I'd be willing to join, I love this mod so much. And if anyone could please figure out how I made a join request over a month ago now and another 2 weeks ago? I don't even need to be accepted, just a reply would be good.