[1.4] SpaceY Expanded, v1.5 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

25 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

I'm not sure yet. Right now, with the 7-way adapter for 3.75m engines, with E1 (Emu) engines on it, you get 42 meganewtons (vac) of thrust total, which is more than the actual Saturn V rocket, which would have topped out at around 38 or 39 with its five F-1 engines. So I wasn't in any rush to add something bigger. :)

Ahhh, ok. Would adding 3.75m liquid fuel + oxidizer boosters with another two, four or six Emu engines help the thrust? Or would the fuel in the tanks weigh it down more?

On 12/6/2016 at 1:02 PM, SmashingKirby148 said:

Quick question: Any ideas for a 10m engine? I find that the clusters of vectors or multiple Emu's are just slightly under my desired TWR. I mean, I could just do a bit of config fiddling, but I would prefer of having a legit 10m engine. :) Imagine the sound something like that would make! :confused:

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to lift, and what TWR are you currently getting?

I like this mod! It makes it poasible to make realistic looking rockets that can lift big ships to orbit.

One thing that might be a bug or just me doing something wrong. 

The 10m thrust plates are nice for making second stage engine clusters, but even thou it looks like all engins are hidden beneath the shroud, the engins still generate alot of drag.  Is this a bug or am I missing something.

Also a tank attached below the 10m decoupler have more drag then if it was below any other 10m part.

On 12/11/2016 at 0:13 PM, Nefrums said:

I like this mod! It makes it poasible to make realistic looking rockets that can lift big ships to orbit.

One thing that might be a bug or just me doing something wrong. 

The 10m thrust plates are nice for making second stage engine clusters, but even thou it looks like all engins are hidden beneath the shroud, the engins still generate alot of drag.  Is this a bug or am I missing something.

Also a tank attached below the 10m decoupler have more drag then if it was below any other 10m part.

It's hard to say. There's a lot of internal voodoo in KSP with regards to the drag model, and how it handles occlusion. I don't have a whole lot of direct control over that, and I sort of abuse the shroud system in ways that the devs never intended. It's highly likely that they don't properly shield things aerodynamically when the engines aren't stacked directly inline. FAR and NEAR shouldn't have that issue since they use their own logic, much of which is voxel based, to figure out what is contained.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NecroBones said:

It should be there.

FYI- I may not be online much for the next week or two, surrounding the holidays.

Yep double checked and its not there. the only spacey i see is sy-ss10 sy-sd10 and sy-ss3 i'll reinstall to see if it fixes it.

11 hours ago, Boiler1 said:

Are you playing a career game?  You may not have unlocked it yet.  Check to see if you have it in Sandbox.

No, I'm playing science. but yep, there it is way out at the end of the tech tree. that was the problem. Duh, im an idiot. i had researched just about everything when i installed it, and didn't even think about it, Thanks Boiler1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2017 at 2:42 AM, Iso-Polaris said:

I found out that 5M fuel tanks store can store more fuel than 7.5M fuel tanks(with the same shape)

Thats wrong... Is it?

The storage is based on the volume of the parts. Unless another mod is messing with it, they should all match based on volume.

On 2017/1/16 at 0:44 PM, NecroBones said:

The storage is based on the volume of the parts. Unless another mod is messing with it, they should all match based on volume.

And Yet I have 7.5M tanks that store less fuel than 5M tank, Maybe Some patches in Real Fuel went wrong...Do you have the same problem with RF installed?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I'm going to strap zillions of Kerbals to big rockets and send them to a firey death in Kerbol stick a huge space explorer on a big rocket and do science (turning Kerbals into a fine plasma in Kerbol getting data from Eeloo)

2 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I mentioned it be4 ......7.5m Fuel tanks can store less fuel than 5m fuel tank, heres proof:

5m FT have 63kL compare to 7.5m(57.6kL) 

Its clearly wrong

KSP normally does fuel capacities based on units of fuel, not liters. One of your other mods is messing with it. I have definitions included for ModularFuelTanks which should set their capacities correctly in that particular case. So I don't really know which of your other mods is breaking it. I would need to see a KSP.log to get any further idea.

14 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

KSP normally does fuel capacities based on units of fuel, not liters. One of your other mods is messing with it. I have definitions included for ModularFuelTanks which should set their capacities correctly in that particular case. So I don't really know which of your other mods is breaking it. I would need to see a KSP.log to get any further idea.

Well, maybe it's Real Fuel, need a patch for that

11 hours ago, NecroBones said:

I figured out why , In the modular fuel tank patch in SpaceY expansion, the numbers should be 10 times larger to match its actual volume. Missing '0's there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.