[1.4] SpaceY Expanded, v1.5 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

4 hours ago, CrashTestDanny said:

However, the problem came back... how odd...  ATM doesn't like your new textures for some reason?  Anyhow, I removed ATM altogether and now my install is using 400M less RAM than before... odd...

Danny

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

ATM is sort of in an odd place now as most textures are compressed to begin with.  Always good to make an actual comparison to see if it's doing what it's supposed to.

3 hours ago, CrashTestDanny said:

Yeah - So it would seem.  I was a little surprised that my memory usage went down...

Danny

Yeah, I saw a lot of people reporting the same thing in general on the ATM thread-- that their RAM usage was lower without it. It really only helps if you use a bunch of mods that have PNG or TGA textures these days, I suspect.

For our case, it's not that it doesn't like my textures, it doesn't like texture reassignments across different mod folders. It's when the mod uses textures from another mod folder that it seems to screw up.

2 hours ago, NecroBones said:

For our case, it's not that it doesn't like my textures, it doesn't like texture reassignments across different mod folders. It's when the mod uses textures from another mod folder that it seems to screw up.

I see - well, it's out for now.  Thanks again for your help!

Danny

Still, the pink might be nice for Breast Awareness Month...  :cool:

Hey Necro - I'm trying to recreate an old Kerbal Space Station design using the 7m docking ports as the base and getting a bit frustrated.  It seems they don't attach to nodes very easily and I spend 15m+++ just getting one of these ports to attach to the end of a tank.  Is there anything that can be done to improve their sticking to the nodes?  When I get them placed, they stay at the node like they're stuck to it, but when I click to place it they go transparent like they are not placed...  If I wiggle the mouse a little, I can see the spot where they are actually attached, but it flashes by so fast I can't seem to hit it except by completely random (and very rare) chance... :(

Danny

I did find a little bit of a work-around...  Turns out attaching stuff to the back of the ports is MUCH easier than attaching the ports to stuff, so as long as my ports are in place first, I can just stick what I want to them and then just re-root as needed.  Would be nice if there was a fix for it though...

Danny

3 hours ago, CrashTestDanny said:

Hey Necro - I'm trying to recreate an old Kerbal Space Station design using the 7m docking ports as the base and getting a bit frustrated.  It seems they don't attach to nodes very easily and I spend 15m+++ just getting one of these ports to attach to the end of a tank.  Is there anything that can be done to improve their sticking to the nodes?  When I get them placed, they stay at the node like they're stuck to it, but when I click to place it they go transparent like they are not placed...  If I wiggle the mouse a little, I can see the spot where they are actually attached, but it flashes by so fast I can't seem to hit it except by completely random (and very rare) chance... :(

Danny

2 hours ago, CrashTestDanny said:

I did find a little bit of a work-around...  Turns out attaching stuff to the back of the ports is MUCH easier than attaching the ports to stuff, so as long as my ports are in place first, I can just stick what I want to them and then just re-root as needed.  Would be nice if there was a fix for it though...

Danny

Sadly this is a stock "bug". The "snap-to" feature in the VAB favors one node over the other, based on the order they're defined in the config, even if the node it's favoring is oriented the wrong way to attach. If the nodes are close together, in a very short/thin part, then you see this sort of thing happen. The stock parts have the same problem. Their solution was to define the attachment nodes in reverse order on some parts so that the top node takes precedence, etc. I copied their node order for parts. It's just that some of my parts are thinner relative to their diameters, so you're a little more likely to run into it. But a good one to play with to see stock parts doing it too is the 2.5m stack separator (or really anything that's really super thin). I've reported it as a suggested fix at least once. I hope Squad takes it seriously soon.

Edited by NecroBones

noob question here. I have been used KW rocketry from a long time ago. Now it a bit outdated so I remove and try this mod. I installed both  SpaceY Heavy Lifters and SpaceY Expanded but there only 6 new fuel tank show up in the game, there a plenty of engine and other stuff though. Is this how the mod supposed to work or I install something wrong? If that how is it, anyone know alternative mod like KW rocketery? cause I want more fuel tank. and sorry for my bad english.

AFZIGhK.jpg

Edited by protonv

1 hour ago, protonv said:

noob question here. I have been used KW rocketry from a long time ago. Now it a bit outdated so I remove and try this mod. I installed both  SpaceY Heavy Lifters and SpaceY Expanded but there only 6 new fuel tank show up in the game, there a plenty of engine and other stuff though. Is this how the mod supposed to work or I install something wrong? If that how is it, anyone know alternative mod like KW rocketery? cause I want more fuel tank. and sorry for my bad english.

Are you playing sandbox, or career?.... If career, have you unlocked all the tiers yet?...

1 hour ago, protonv said:

AFZIGhK.jpg

That first tank doesn't look like part of the SpaceY set. Since they're listed by name, and you're on the last page of the fuel tanks section, are you looking at this in sandbox mode or either science or career modes? That looks right for the standard SpaceY set, several 5m tanks and conical adaptors

Bigger tanks are in SpaceY Expanded, and might be hidden by tech level requirements. Sandbox mode avoids that.

No, nothing looks really wrong.

50 minutes ago, protonv said:

Thank you guy. I'm playing as  career, so I when to research center and unlock all tech.

Now here is what it look like. Is this mod don't contain any 2.5m part? only 5m and 7.5m?

http://i.imgur.com/jyYN85Q.jpg

Not sure why the stock fuel tanks wouldn't be showing up ... but I don't think it has to with this mod ... maybe try a clean install?

Edited by blowfish

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

Not sure why the stock fuel tanks wouldn't be showing up ... but I don't think it has to with this mod ... maybe try a clean install?

You mean this mod have new 2.5 fuel tank but somehow it won't show up. In case you misunderstanding something, the stock 2.5m is still there. I just did clean install recently, here is my mods list

http://i.imgur.com/oz6Yg1e.jpg

Edited by protonv

8 hours ago, protonv said:

You mean this mod have new 2.5 fuel tank but somehow it won't show up. In case you misunderstanding something, the stock 2.5m is still there. I just did clean install recently, here is my mods list

http://i.imgur.com/oz6Yg1e.jpg

SpaceY does not have any 2.5m tanks. The mod that I made that has those is FuelTanksPlus.

Posted:

1.1 (2015-12-31) - Texture Compatibility.
 - Removed 7.5m fuel tank texture, since it was moved to SpaceY Lifters.
    - Repointed all necessary texture assignments to the new location.
    - Adjusted UV-mapping of 5m texture as needed to corrospond to changes in Lifters.
 - Changed "ModularFuelTanks" config to also apply if RealFuels is installed.

Looks like one of your textures broke, no idea if DTL has anything to do with it. I'm using the latest version of both SpaceY packs. I actually removed the old folder and placed in the new one because of the texture move.

Edit: Yes I have both packs installed

Edit2: Also, I tried switching skins in VAB, didn't help as they were all magenta.

NeuCareer_screenshot_2016-01-01--15-29-3

Edited by smjjames

2 hours ago, smjjames said:

Looks like one of your textures broke, no idea if DTL has anything to do with it. I'm using the latest version of both SpaceY packs. I actually removed the old folder and placed in the new one because of the texture move.

Edit: Yes I have both packs installed

Edit2: Also, I tried switching skins in VAB, didn't help as they were all magenta.

I'm wondering if DTL has the same problems that ATM did. That would be quite aggravating at this point. Have you tried it without DTL? I think it too keeps a cache, if you want to try clearing that too.

Edited by NecroBones

1 hour ago, NecroBones said:

I'm wondering if DTL has the same problems that ATM did. That would be quite aggravating at this point. Have you tried it without DTL? I think it too keeps a cache, if you want to try clearing that too.

Gave it a check and yep, it's DTL. I'll let rbray know.

12 hours ago, smjjames said:

Gave it a check and yep, it's DTL. I'll let rbray know.

OK cool. It worked on my side when I tested it a few minutes ago, so it has to be a bad interaction somewhere, caching problems, or other conditions that cause it, rather than a blanket failure.

1 hour ago, ManuxKerb said:

Hi Necrobones,

Unfortunately I''m also affected by the texture bug, but it is not only one Part, its affecting several parts. I do not use ATM or DTL. Any Ideas ?

Which bug? The purple tanks? Try deleting ModuleManager.ConfigCache, and double check that SpaceY is installed correctly (perhaps delete it and reinstall it). If you're using Expanded, be sure you have Lifters installed too, otherwise you'll have a lot of purple parts.

2 hours ago, buskape said:

I also have the purple textures but only since the latest update where you have moved all the textures to Lifters pack, before it was fine. I am using EVE and it has Texture Replacer which acts like DTL/ATM

Huh. I have EVE installed on my test KSP, and I wasn't noticing anything broken. It's possible Texture Replacer is interfering, but I'm not sure. We may have to start reporting some of these issues to those other mods. The only thing that's happening differently with these purple parts than any other regular part is that they're calling textures in a different mod folder under GameData. If these texture management mods make the assumption that can't happen, then they're making a bad assumption. I wonder if TR has a cache that you can delete and see if that works? I haven't looked that far into TR before.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.