1/10th scale Real Solar System Config?

detoddler

I'm not aware of a downscaled RSS -- that would be a *lot* of work, by the way. However, there is a mod that modifies the stock engines so they are powerful enough for RSS. If you "just want to play Stock in RSS", this might be your best bet. Can't recall the name right now, sorry.

I don't believe there is, but you could go into the the RSS files and change the planet radii and orbital characteristics to Kerbin size; just divide by 10ish.

You can edit this stuff @ KSP SAVE LOCATION/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/RealSolarSystem/RSSKopernicus.cgf

As always when you edit game files, keep a backup. I am not responsible if your computer explodes.

I'm not aware of a downscaled RSS -- that would be a *lot* of work, by the way. However, there is a mod that modifies the stock engines so they are powerful enough for RSS. If you "just want to play Stock in RSS", this might be your best bet. Can't recall the name right now, sorry.

You can use RealismOverhaul, which really overhauls the realism in KSP. This includes a crap ton of mods that work with RSS and make it like a real-life space program game. I chose just to install RealFuels, which makes the engines, fuels, and tanks have more realistic densities, masses, and thrust so that making rockets isn't impossible. Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is recommended.

Edited by Tank Buddy

You can use RealismOverhaul, which really overhauls the realism in KSP.

I understood this to be the OP's main problem. 307 types of real fuels with unthrottleable engines and limited ignitions is quite a mouthful, after all.

There was a mod that claimed to merely redo the stock engines so they'd still basically work the same (Mainsail=Lifter, Poodle=Vacuum and so on) but with performance data suitable for a real-sized system. Can't find it again, though.

I understood this to be the OP's main problem. 307 types of real fuels with unthrottleable engines and limited ignitions is quite a mouthful, after all.

There was a mod that claimed to merely redo the stock engines so they'd still basically work the same (Mainsail=Lifter, Poodle=Vacuum and so on) but with performance data suitable for a real-sized system. Can't find it again, though.

OK, I couldn't find that mod either.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.