[1.3.1][Kopernicus] Uncharted Lands v0.5.4 [26Dec17]

KillAshley

2 hours ago, KillAshley said:

what do you mean?

It dosent have parameters when viewing it in the tracking station. Also when hyperediting a ship out there it destroyed the world :huh:

i think I installed it wrong I'll retry after I get back from school

pqs mods affect how a planet is built and loaded. they can be used to color or just fine tune the height curve

or add oceans and easter eggs

also i had the issue with gilly again. clean install with only kopernicus and module manager and Uncharted lands 

pic :http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/495772352221764654/F230D23F836A7BBF3134FE80EBBDA9F0428AD044/

Edited by Kepler68

I quite enjoyed my campaign with this so far. After Vanilla and New Horizons it's almost like a third system to explore :P.

The science values are a bit off (Sun, Mun and Dres give too much IMO, especially compared to Eve and TyloLaythe). Contracts also have some issues, for instance with Duna being valued quite lowly by the automatic contract generation which doesn't do justice to its new position (I normally don't play career, so I don't know how common that is).

CKan has the 0.5.1 version but lists it as 1.1.0 instead of 1.1.2 btw (and prevents automatic install on vanilla ckan settings).

Edited by Therlun

12 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

pqs mods affect how a planet is built and loaded. they can be used to color or just fine tune the height curve

or add oceans and easter eggs

also i had the issue with gilly again. clean install with only kopernicus and module manager and Uncharted lands 

pic :http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/495772352221764654/F230D23F836A7BBF3134FE80EBBDA9F0428AD044/

thanks ill look into it!

5 hours ago, Therlun said:

I quite enjoyed my campaign with this so far. After Vanilla and New Horizons it's almost like a third system to explore :P.

The science values are a bit off (Sun, Mun and Dres give too much IMO, especially compared to Eve and TyloLaythe). Contracts also have some issues, for instance with Duna being valued quite lowly by the automatic contract generation which doesn't do justice to its new position (I normally don't play career, so I don't know how common that is).

CKan has the 0.5.1 version but lists it as 1.1.0 instead of 1.1.2 btw (and prevents automatic install on vanilla ckan settings).

hmm very odd, seeing as Mun and dres have a lot lower science values than even stock Mun has. Laythe/Tlyo and Eve are around 7x that of the home system.

Dres;

landedDataValue = 1.19
				inSpaceLowDataValue = 1
				inSpaceHighDataValue = 0.94
				recoveryValue = 1.19
				spaceAltitudeThreshold = 65000

Tylo

landedDataValue = 7.6
				inSpaceLowDataValue = 6.4
				inSpaceHighDataValue = 6
				recoveryValue = 7.6
				spaceAltitudeThreshold = 400000

any suggestions on how to balance better? lower the stock system overall? I'm trying to be a little passive, as there aren'y that many biomes as compared to stock, so theres less science available for a start.

...oh and ill check out the contracts too, something might have changed >.<

Edited by KillAshley

Great to see this mod updated - easily my favourite System mod. Anyway, I'm playing with Remote Tech and it looks like RT thinks mission control is where the KSC used to be, in the previous version, but not where it actually is. This means my unmanned craft lose connection soon after takeoff. Any idea how to fix it?

(Also, noticed ScanSat doesn't seem to detect most of the planetary bodies.)

Edited by BinaryBad

5 hours ago, BinaryBad said:

Great to see this mod updated - easily my favourite System mod. Anyway, I'm playing with Remote Tech and it looks like RT thinks mission control is where the KSC used to be, in the previous version, but not where it actually is. This means my unmanned craft lose connection soon after takeoff. Any idea how to fix it?

(Also, noticed ScanSat doesn't seem to detect most of the planetary bodies.)

Very odd, I'll add it to the list and get it fixed as soon as i get time free. I had the same issue a long time ago but there is a patch that changes the position to the new KSC location, however something in RT might have changed making the patch void. I'll have a look anyway.

Also what do you mean about SCANsat? I've never had any issues using it with UL before.

When I bring up the SCANsat settings menu, you get an overview of all the bodies in the system, and what % they have been scanned, but in the latest version I'm only seing Kerbin, Minmus and Jool as potential places to scan. No sign of the rest. Though they are there in the rest of game, so far. Seen this happen with Kerbol Origins too. 

I've had a go at fixing the Remote Tech issue, but as far as I can see the mod has got the right info - but the big red blob you get in Map view with RT stubbornly shows the mission control located on the peninsula where the KSC used to be. So your theory the patch is being tripped up somewhere feels plausible. 

But I'm having a blast with it. The mod looks absolutely incredible - particularly with Stock Visual Enchancements, Planetshine, Scatterer etc. Once we get RT playing nice, it's going to be awesome.

Update - I've found the culprit for the KSC location issue. I still had KSC Switcher mod installed. Removed that, and now the KSC is back to the peninsula that RT thought it was located at. This does explain why the KSC was in a huge quarry, and the Island Runway was down a massive pit. I thought it was intentional...

ScanSat still not picking up the bodies though. 

Edited by BinaryBad

10 hours ago, BinaryBad said:

Update - I've found the culprit for the KSC location issue. I still had KSC Switcher mod installed. Removed that, and now the KSC is back to the peninsula that RT thought it was located at. This does explain why the KSC was in a huge quarry, and the Island Runway was down a massive pit. I thought it was intentional...

ScanSat still not picking up the bodies though. 

cool, good to know my old patch still works lol

I'll check out the SCANsat issue though

Hello KillAshley and uncharted friends! I have a problem that might be caused by this mod. I experience a very big stuttering only when I put a kerbal in EVA, otherwise the game runs fairly well. This problem dissapear if I delete kopernicus + uncharted lands. I have posted in the technical support forum:

In there you can find a better description of the issue, the analysis Padishar made and the log I uploaded, in case you would like to lend me a hand. Thanks in advance and best wishes!

16 hours ago, Perringo said:

Hello KillAshley and uncharted friends! I have a problem that might be caused by this mod. I experience a very big stuttering only when I put a kerbal in EVA, otherwise the game runs fairly well. This problem dissapear if I delete kopernicus + uncharted lands. I have posted in the technical support forum:

In there you can find a better description of the issue, the analysis Padishar made and the log I uploaded, in case you would like to lend me a hand. Thanks in advance and best wishes!

yeah could be an issue with my asteroid cfg seeing as that cfg is outdated slightly, llet me experiment & thanks for letting me know, ill sort it out asap

Thank you KillAshley! I'm glad I could help a little. Just to let you know, I'm having a great time playing "hardcore-no-reloading" with this mod combine with 4xSigma Dimensions. Unfortunately, my poor little kerbals are not so excited: they have recently lost two of their kind in a too optimistic aproach to Dres. Now it's time to throw some satellites to those uncharted planets of yours while starting a surface base on the mun with Roverdude's MKS things. Let's see if the Kraken agrees...!

On 5/23/2016 at 9:18 AM, KillAshley said:

I'll check out the SCANsat issue though

I've twigged what the issue is with ScanSat. Once you've targeted a planet, it does appear in the Settings % scanned table - it's just that it doesn't list them all right away. To be honest, I think that's better, gameplay-wise than what I was expecting. I'd not consider it a problem, now I understand it. (Still loving the mod, btw. Permanent install now. Will spend hundreds of hours in it.)

Hello friends! It's me again. I came by to ask if there might be a way around the problem I explained a few post above. From my complete ignorance I was wondering if, as it seems to be a problem related to asteroids, it could be possible to just deactivate asteroids, until KillAshley finds the time or will to fix it. I don't know if that is feaseable or even if it would solve this issue, but I'm trying to build a moon base where EVA is completely necessary, and this stutter makes it impossible. The game runs and freezes in 0.5 sec interval only during EVA, and after 10 minutes you start to go crazy.

I understand KillAshley has a lot of things going on right now and it seems not many people is experiencing this, so I expect this to be low priority. So my questions to the experts are: Is it possible to deactivate asteroids? If so, how? and, Do you think that could solve my problem? Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Perringo said:

Hello friends! It's me again. I came by to ask if there might be a way around the problem I explained a few post above. From my complete ignorance I was wondering if, as it seems to be a problem related to asteroids, it could be possible to just deactivate asteroids, until KillAshley finds the time or will to fix it. I don't know if that is feaseable or even if it would solve this issue, but I'm trying to build a moon base where EVA is completely necessary, and this stutter makes it impossible. The game runs and freezes in 0.5 sec interval only during EVA, and after 10 minutes you start to go crazy.

I understand KillAshley has a lot of things going on right now and it seems not many people is experiencing this, so I expect this to be low priority. So my questions to the experts are: Is it possible to deactivate asteroids? If so, how? and, Do you think that could solve my problem? Thank you!

if you paste this code into a .cfg file and put that file anywhere inside the gamedata folder it should deactivate all asteroid generation from Kopernicus

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	!Asteroid,* {}
}

Thank you Sigma! That was easy, unfortunately the stutter is still there. I have searched the log to see if the same exception appeared and no, the word "asteroid" is not in the log. So who knows what might be causing this! The thing is that keeping the same mods without kopernicus + uncharted there was no stutter... Anyway, thanks for your help!

14 minutes ago, Perringo said:

Thank you Sigma! That was easy, unfortunately the stutter is still there. I have searched the log to see if the same exception appeared and no, the word "asteroid" is not in the log. So who knows what might be causing this! The thing is that keeping the same mods without kopernicus + uncharted there was no stutter... Anyway, thanks for your help!

then I think it's probably something related to loadondemand

try this one:

{
	%useOnDemand = false
}

if this works, try to reproduce the bug with only MM + kopernicus and UL  (no other mods and not even this last config I posted)

if you can't reproduce the issue with only kopernicus and ul it means that some of the other mods is not compatible with loadondemand

31 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

try this one:

{
	%useOnDemand = false
}

YES AND YES!! You nailed it!! With those magic lines the EVA stutter vanished like smoke!! You are a genius!!

And yes, the stutter is not present with only MM + kopernicus + Uncharted, so there must be some incompatibility there. Anyway, it's ok to play with that cfg trick or might it affect me in other ways?

1 minute ago, Perringo said:

YES AND YES!! You nailed it!! With those magic lines the EVA stutter vanished like smoke!! You are a genius!!

And yes, the stutter is not present with only MM + kopernicus + Uncharted, so there must be some incompatibility there. Anyway, it's ok to play with that cfg trick or might it affect me in other ways?

turning load on demand off will increase RAM usage

if your pc can handle it you are fine

1 minute ago, Perringo said:

I don't have a very good pc but I will give it a try, don't mind crashing once in a while... Thank you so much for your help Sigma88!!

you should try to pinpoint which of the mods causes the stutter when installed alongside kopernicus and UL

I'm sure the devs of that mod will be interested in knowing this

That would be a hard work as I have around 60... Let's see if your solution works. If I start crashing every 20 minutes then I guess I could spend a couple hours trying to find wich mod is keeping me from charting these lands!:huh:

Just installed this planet pack and I have to say I'm enjoying Kerbin's new look! I never liked how it was quasi earth before. I'm not 100% on the rings, but I think it'll grow on me.

A couple of things, since I really haven't played much with it, but it's about biomes on Kerbin:

• They don't show up with the Cheat menu option, which I was going to use to show you point two...
  • The peninsula that KSC sits on seems to contains a few biomes that it probably shouldn't. Namely "Mountains", "Frozen Plains" and maybe "Rocky Ground".
    • To be fair, in stock KSP, there is a patch of "Tundra" biome outside of KSC, so, maybe the problem is inherited?

Gathered with a "Jumping Flea" (MK1 Pod + Flea SRB) heading straight from launch pad to Ocean, splashed down just in Ocean. (I used a thermometer instead of goo canister, but you get the idea - it's a lot of biomes!).

Not shown are "Coastline", "Equatorial Sands", "Ocean" and maybe one other.

Cheers.

---edit---

traveling over the poles...doesn't appear to be a biome for them, it just says "coastline" :(

fevEnVd.png

Edited by Deimos Rast

Me again. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the OP, but I was kind of surprised to notice that this mod changes the atmosphere altitudes!

Anyway, the values are (according to the configs):

• Flying Low/High: 21,000
  • Space: 80,000
  • Space Low/High: 1,704,896 (also the new orbit of Minmus)

Cheers.

edit: KEO = 2959000

Edited by Deimos Rast

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.