[1.3.1][Kopernicus] Uncharted Lands v0.5.4 [26Dec17]

KillAshley

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

alternatively, if you have photoshop, you can install nvidia's plugins for dds and save your image as dds directly

no, that's the point. kittopia cannot save dds directly, that's why you need to convert them from png to dds

On 04/09/2015 at 5:00 AM, KillAshley said:
btn_donate_LG.gif Help me stay motivated in my endeavors to create more interesting and diverse mods for KSP. Every little support helps!

51J0fjv.png

What is Uncharted Lands?

A re-imagining of the stock planets, Uncharted Lands strives to create both beautiful and interesting worlds possible.

Featuring an entirely new layout of planets and moons, Uncharted Lands offers a fresh start and new challenges for the Kerbol system.

Uncharted Lands is a procedurally created stock overhaul for KSP's planets. The aim of this mod is to create the most beautiful and interesting system possible with NO HEIGHTMAPS OR EXTERNAL FILES AT ALL.

Every Single texture used in game for Uncharted Lands is either included in the stock game, or generated solely from PQSMods used on the planets. This new and exciting creation method can create an entirely different result to the standard heightmaps used by most other mods.

Screenshot

Downloads:

Download from Github

Download from Curse

Dependency:

Kopernicus

Sigma Binary

(not a full dependency, but you'll be missing out if you dont use SB)

Install Instructions:

Please ensure you delete ALL files from previous version when updating, or else serious issues can and will occur. A fresh KSP install is recommended if you are unsure what files need to be removed.

Simply Download the .zip file and merge the contents into your KSP game directory.

The base Windows 64-bit version of the game is functional for most kopernicus planet packs, this included. However please do not report bugs involving 64-bit, and only report them if they are replicated on the 32-bit game.

Extras

Flag Pack by GregroxMun

Nations Map by GregroxMun

Included Mod Support:

Distant Object Enhancement

Planetshine

RemoteTech

Multiple Planet packs

• Galactic Neighbourhood
  • Sentar Expansion
  • Jungis Planet Pack
  • Kronkus
  • Outer Planets Mod
  • Trans-Keptunian
  • Asclepius
  • Sido's Urania System

Planned Mod Support:

Rescource Support

ResearchBodies

Incompatible Mods:

StarSystems: Not compatible with Kopernicus

PlanetFactory CE: Not compatible with Kopernicus

KopernicusTech: Not compatible with Kopernicus

Known Bugs:

Kerbin PQSCity mods are still in their original position (island airfields, old ksc, pyramids, etc.) so there is some major distortion where they are, as the terrain is significantly different.

Changelog:

v0.5.2
-Removal of Kerbin's PQSCity mods causing terrain issues
-Removed SigmaBinary from download and added to OP's dependancy instructions
-Fixed issue with Gilly's parameter tab being blank
-Fixed Eve's ocean heat curve to stop the insta-explode (hopefully)

v0.5.1
-Various PQSMaterial Fixes

v0.5
-Full 1.1 compatibility!
-Fixed various issued with PQSMaterials after update
-Fixed all scaledspace atmospheric gradients
-Updated SigmaBinary to 1.5.0
-Few little tweaks too!

v0.4
-Shhhh you didnt see this, ok?

v0.3
-Various visual tweaks to a lot of planets
-Biomes adjustments
-Timewarp adjustments
-Fixed Minmus' VertexPlanet patching
-Fixed Duna's color code error
-Updated cache file debug
-Tweaked Jool's scaledspace atmosphere gradient coloring
-Updated SigmaBinary to v1.4.0
-Fixed asteroid max spawn (needs future tweaks)

v0.2
1.0.5 Compatibility!
built for use with Kopernicus 0.6

-Added SciDefs, a modified version of CrowdSourcedScience defs, for all stock worlds
-Added custom asteroid generation, asteroids now spawn flying through the SOI's of Kerbin, Jool & Eeloo. They also spawn in a ring around Jool.
-Added RemoteTech compatibility
-Added Distant Object Enhancement compatibility
-Added Texture Replacer patch as a just in case
-Added Planetshine compatibility
-Added colored underwater fog to match new ocean colors
-Added Galactic Neighbourhood compatibility
-Added Sentar Expansion compatibility
-Added Jungis Planet Pack compatibility
-Added Kronkus compatibility
-Added Outer Planets Mod compatibility
-Added Trans-Keptunian compatibility
-Added Asclepius compatibility
-Added Sido's Urania System compatibility
-Added Mun's easter eggs back onto the moon
-Removed barycenter from ore contracts (still more tweaking to do)
-Removed Duna's easter eggs (face was floating & curiosity was underground)
-Tweaked Kerbin's atmosphere 5% higher and lowered pressure back to 1atm
-Tweaked & rebalanced planet densities & gravity
-Tweaked resolution of normal maps for Moho & Vall to increase visual fidelity
-Fixed errors with normal maps
-Fixed scaledspace transitions on every world
-Fixed Eve's HazardousOcean curve to use correct tangents in it's float curve
-Fixed orbital alignment (somehow Eeloo ended up way too far into the system)
-Fixed positioning for Kerbin's rings
-Fixed 15 degree mis-rotation of KSC. KSC now points due east-west.
-Fixed various ground texture issues
-Fixed Ike appearing purple in PQS view due to a mistyped color code
-Updated files for Kopernicus v0.5.x
-Updated file structure for On-Demand loading of textures
-Updated to SigmaBinary v1.3.2

v0.1
-Initial Release-

Credits:

Sarbian for maintaining ModuleManager

Kcreator for making KittopiaTech

Gravitasi for updating the Kopernicus/Kittopia plugins

BryceSchroeder, Teknoman117, Thomas.P and NathanKell for making & maintaining the Kopernicus plugin this mod relies on.

Thomas P (again) for all his amazing work and support

Sigma88 for his help when I got stuck

GregroxMun for his support and feedback in the dev stage

License:

zi0CCOwpXvwJLEj3O5hPCI485yAI_z0fbVI6PUDX6AaHZEkz2Fgpy89onurZxbV_FA0Yd_QUJ89Zod9Psc0Ux_yhns1c5lt1jfFHTbJsmarBIIkS3dfQr5yywHojfH5ZpZCjX8o

Uncarted Lands by KillAshley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

It incorporates & redistributes the following mods:

ModuleManager CC share-alike license

SigmaBinary CC share-alike license

oh if only i could donate to both you and sigma right now, 3 more weeks till payday 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Ash, good to see your still hanging around making these great worlds.  I've got a couple small issues that I would like you to answer.  One is just that the Mun looks like it was made from paper mache.  The other things is an issue, the mod changes the brightness to an extreme level.  Dark is way to dark when it comes to being in shadows trying to view your craft, and forget about it if your on the dark side of any body.  Please tell me I can adjust this, I tried to increase the Suns intensity, but it didn't help with how dark things are.  I could run lights on EVERYTHING, but I cant even make out an Outline of my ships if I'm on the dark side of ANY planet.  Really need help with this as I just cant part with the solar system now that I have been spoiled with the textures and great changes.

Thx man, Dren

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2016 at 8:37 AM, ArkaelDren said:

Hey Ash, good to see your still hanging around making these great worlds.  I've got a couple small issues that I would like you to answer.  One is just that the Mun looks like it was made from paper mache.  The other things is an issue, the mod changes the brightness to an extreme level.  Dark is way to dark when it comes to being in shadows trying to view your craft, and forget about it if your on the dark side of any body.  Please tell me I can adjust this, I tried to increase the Suns intensity, but it didn't help with how dark things are.  I could run lights on EVERYTHING, but I cant even make out an Outline of my ships if I'm on the dark side of ANY planet.  Really need help with this as I just cant part with the solar system now that I have been spoiled with the textures and great changes.

Thx man, Dren

you could get past this my maybe installing some lights on your ships maybe? :P

or if you reeeeeeally want to move back to stock lighting go to Gamedata/UnchartedLands/Kopernicusfiles and delete the Sun folder.

no too sure about the Mun though.....somethign might have changed while ive been away

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TheLittleTrain17 said:

not sure if this is a known bug but my kerbin map and in-game are off. not sure which is considered not right but it looks like it got rotated 90 degrees somewhere. 

no the maps really aren't off, you just landed on the side of a moon, your view is relative to the surface of minmus in game, and seeing as you landed on the side of it, it will appear like this. Same as if you land on the equator of mun in the stock game then kerbin will look sideways. If, however, this occurs when in orbit of a planet (and not in surface view) then it is a bug and you should send me a picture of your craft in orbit to show me.

As Sigma said, you should try landing at the north pole to avoid confusion :P

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.