[1.3.1][Kopernicus] Uncharted Lands v0.5.4 [26Dec17]

KillAshley

so for those people who wont realize, I have updated the OP with some clearer info and better pictures. This is mainly due to the fact that UL is almost ready, just some final testing and one loose end to tie up, then it should be good to go for an initial release. Thanks to everyone who has supported me and had the patience to wait for me to find time to work on this. Hopefully the pack will live up to peoples expectations! :D

Small announcement, but...

Uncharted Lands v0.1 is now officially released!

You can download the pack from Github HERE, link is also available in the OP. Please let me know any and all feedback regarding the new system and it's planets. Also any bugs at all that you find are more than welcome to be reported.

In it's current state, compatibility is not yet tested for all the major planet packs, however there shouldn't be any MAJOR issues. Also certain mods, such as DOE, Planetshine, etc. will have incorrect colors for the planets, but this will be worked on when i have time!

Enjoy!

Magic! Haha na I had plans on how to create jool in game, however that idea changed when it became unfeasible to get done. In the end I used a lot of Photoshop magic....technically it is still procedurally generated...in a sense....

I know you just released, but I am curious if after you finish getting this mod fleshed for stock, if you plan to support any system resize mods? I know you will want to finish all the detail for the stock size first, and I wouldn't expect anythIng else as you always make sure your mods are finished and very compatible. Which I love :). I just want to know if after that is all said and done if you are going to make a resize. Stock size is just too easy for me.

Planned Mod Support:

Distant Object Enhancement

PlanetShine

Rescource Support

ResearchBodies

Planet Packs

Rescale Packs

I know you just released, but I am curious if after you finish getting this mod fleshed for stock, if you plan to support any system resize mods? I know you will want to finish all the detail for the stock size first, and I wouldn't expect anythIng else as you always make sure your mods are finished and very compatible. Which I love :). I just want to know if after that is all said and done if you are going to make a resize. Stock size is just too easy for me.

there you go

;)

there you go

;)

Thanks sigma :blush:

Also congrats again on the release KA. Take my lack of reading as a sign of how awesome the mod is and how much I want to play it ;)

Edited by Svm420

Yeah slowly as I flesh out the smaller details the rescale support will come. This initial release is completely barebones, with only stock support. I have quite a few things ready, but by the time this gets a 1.0 release it should have full mod support...fingers crossed!

Is it RemoteTech's or Uncharted Land's responsibility to fix the LAT/LNG of KSC? RT doesn't know where KSC is with this mod installed (but can be fixed by editing RT Settings).

There is a cfg that RemoteTech uses to set the position of the KSC, but it cannot be modified using ModuleManager.

As far as I can tell that is done on purpose from the RemoteTech team, I never understood the reason why. So basically you would need to edit the parameters yourself.

go to the file:

GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg

and edit the coordinates of the station there.

these are the coordinates of uncharted lands' KSC

latitude = 0.0204624023528423

longitude = 2.03558985215957

There is a cfg that RemoteTech uses to set the position of the KSC, but it cannot be modified using ModuleManager.

As far as I can tell that is done on purpose from the RemoteTech team, I never understood the reason why. So basically you would need to edit the parameters yourself.

go to the file:

GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg

and edit the coordinates of the station there.

these are the coordinates of uncharted lands' KSC

latitude = 0.0204624023528423

longitude = 2.03558985215957

FYI The next update of RT fixes this and a lot of other long standing issues.

I would say it's the user's responsibility to fix the LAT/LNG of KSC ;)

so any problems anyone noticed so far? any complaints?

I'm going to start working on some patches to add mod compatibility when i get a chance, probably starting with rescale packs as they are a pain so I'd like to get them out of the way. Also I'm hoping to make a small polish up on some planets. For example the creamy color on Mun seems a tad too "plastic-looking" for my liking so i might mute it down a little. Also I might increase the size of Dres's craters as they should be bigger according to the description (damn me and my trying to create a "lore" to the pack!)

Anyone had an explore with the biomes yet? Will be hard to find them all :wink:

so any problems anyone noticed so far? any complaints?

I'm going to start working on some patches to add mod compatibility when i get a chance, probably starting with rescale packs as they are a pain so I'd like to get them out of the way. Also I'm hoping to make a small polish up on some planets. For example the creamy color on Mun seems a tad too "plastic-looking" for my liking so i might mute it down a little. Also I might increase the size of Dres's craters as they should be bigger according to the description (damn me and my trying to create a "lore" to the pack!)

Anyone had an explore with the biomes yet? Will be hard to find them all :wink:

I sent a Munar Orbiter/Lander, and where i landed was at the "reaches".

3seTNRb.jpg

What scares me is that crater and the nearby canyon's walls are nearly VERTICAL.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.