War Thunder - Screenshots and Discussion thread!

Columbia

I perform better in the I-15. How it can beat my bf109 I'll never know

Well, Gaijin is a Russian company, so don't be surprised to see the early Russian planes downright outclass all others. The I-15 is pretty OP for a reserve plane, I hate fighting it, because it can brawl with Bf-109s and P-40s pretty easily.

Volvo, pls nerf.

Well, Gaijin is a Russian company, so don't be surprised to see the early Russian planes downright outclass all others. The I-15 is pretty OP for a reserve plane, I hate fighting it, because it can brawl with Bf-109s and P-40s pretty easily.

Volvo, pls nerf.

Anothing thing that their community puts emphasis on is the Yak-Nein T. Some others argue that it is not OP and the people who say so are just "crying about their losses for not being skilled." Or something like that. Harsh, isn't it?

It is hard to accept that it isn't too powerful or biased in any way, and that i'm just an unskilled player trying to play.

The main problem fighting Yaks and Polikarpovs is mainly that most of times you would like to catch them in turn fight scenarios, the biplanes are probably one of the worst options to turn fight in planes whit a slow turning rate.

An the Yak-9T is pretty simple to fight on Boom-N-Zoom maneouvers, but in my opinion (And others too) The Yak-9T/K Flight models are not properly made according how heavier it was to fly compared to their non fridge-launcher able series.

Also the Bf 109 series are BnZ fighters, it means that they should gain altitude and dive to attack, if you wont get a hit you repeat the thing. And it seems like the P-40 got its engine nerfed (It sounds pretty dead on 100% to me).

Heck even though the engine sound differen t doesn't mean it fly's different XD it is also op because it has a lower BR then its predecessor the P-36G and has a Lowe BR then planes with only 4 12.7 mm machine guns. And on top of that its fast enabling it to rack up multiple kills. It can't turn fight at its BR but you don't really need to. It is almost as bad as back when the P-51 had a BR of 3.0. And the worse part is I fear it may drop to 1.7 because people try to turn fight with them.

Heck even though the engine sound differen t doesn't mean it fly's different XD it is also op because it has a lower BR then its predecessor the P-36G and has a Lowe BR then planes with only 4 12.7 mm machine guns. And on top of that its fast enabling it to rack up multiple kills. It can't turn fight at its BR but you don't really need to. It is almost as bad as back when the P-51 had a BR of 3.0. And the worse part is I fear it may drop to 1.7 because people try to turn fight with them.

However, the P-40 might be horrible in realistic. I only took it out in one game, where I got shot down without doing anything, but it made me compare it's statistics to other planes of its tier (2.7). It seems to be a boom-and-zoom aircraft which doesn't have the climb rate needed for such a playstyle. It essentially doesn't have the ability to outclimb or outmaneuver the enemies it comes up against. I think it may be good in a dive and possibly able to stand a bit of a beating, so essentially it is only good for running away from whatever Yak or Bf-109 you found on your tail.

You know those awkward moments when you're flying a bomber at the beginning of the match and you fly close to an enemy bomber, but not close enough for gun range so you just stare at each other as you fly past and dare the other to do something? Yeah, I had one of those moments today.

ak8YY2U.jpg

However, the P-40 might be horrible in realistic. I only took it out in one game, where I got shot down without doing anything, but it made me compare it's statistics to other planes of its tier (2.7). It seems to be a boom-and-zoom aircraft which doesn't have the climb rate needed for such a playstyle. It essentially doesn't have the ability to outclimb or outmaneuver the enemies it comes up against. I think it may be good in a dive and possibly able to stand a bit of a beating, so essentially it is only good for running away from whatever Yak or Bf-109 you found on your tail.

Its 2.3 in realistic.

Edited by gag09

Its 2.3 in realistic.

Oh, yeah, it was. Still compared horribly to other 2.3 aircraft.

Compared it a bit more now. At its battle rating, it has the lowest climb rate among fighters (Tied with the P-36G), it's speed is mediocre, and its maneuverability is below average. In combat, it sure seems that way as well. I honestly don't know how someone could be effective in that aircraft.

Edited by Noname117

Aaaand... 1.53 is out! Yay!

- - - Updated - - -

You know those awkward moments when you're flying a bomber at the beginning of the match and you fly close to an enemy bomber, but not close enough for gun range so you just stare at each other as you fly past and dare the other to do something? Yeah, I had one of those moments today.

http://i.imgur.com/ak8YY2U.jpg

I have that a lot, bombers stay at high altitudes while fighters engage in chaos down below, so its not rare to see two enemy bombers fly past each other.

Although I have been killed by a bomber and AAAs more often than i'd like to admit ;_;

I accidentally flipped over today while driving over a rubble pile...

47RgDNt.jpg

Eventually two or three tanks ganged up to try and flip me back, it was amazing.

BDiJkUq.jpg

Unfortunately, all efforts were futile, and I finished the match still flipped over, in 16th place, with only 43 RP to my name...

Edited by pTrevTrevs
typos shall be exterminated

http://i.imgur.com/47RgDNt.jpg

Eventually two or three tanks ganged up to try and flip me back, it was amazing.

http://i.imgur.com/BDiJkUq.jpg

Unfortunately, all efforts were futile, and I finished the match still flipped over, in 16th place, with only 43 RP to my name...

look on the bright side, you got to look at the tank lady...

http://i.imgur.com/47RgDNt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BDiJkUq.jpg

True symbol of team cooperation.

Surely isnt like the wot community. I promise, War Thunder chat is a lie! The enemies are too quiet in comparison to world of tanks ITS INSANE!

Compared to the drama queens of WoT the War Thunder players are like silent Terminators lurking hull down invisible in the far-away hills. It's certainly a very different experience and it pays to know armor tactics and tagging along with tankers that know what they're doing!

For certain tech levels it's not possible to win without teamwork. KV-1 vs Tiger I for example requires some creative thinking on how to kill the Tiger.

Today I found out that fuel is actually a thing in War Thunder... I was flying on Norway, and there was only one guy left on the enemy team, but he kept hiding, and wouldn't even respond to our team;s repeated calls for him to come out and die with honor, so the match kept going and going until the hour long(!) time limit ran out. Unfortunately for me, I has only taken on thirty minutes of fuel when I landed to rearm. I would have made it back to the airfield, but Gaijin decided to surround it with mountains that kept me from gliding to a safe landing.

dSEsbtc.jpg

Can anybody's PC handle the new graphics?

Mine can, even my old pc can pull a 60 FPS solid gameplay. The gaming cpu can do much further. Heres the stats on my "old gaming PC" like really old but It works by magical old processors!

War Thunder is really processor friendly. It really takes up my video card. :3

Old specs:

1 gtx 750 ti, 1 DDR5 RAM Stick on it

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.02 GHz worth of old processor

6.00 GB RAM (DDR2)

64-Bit Windows 10

Samsung 450 GB Hard Drive

and a 720p res 21 inch monitor

Now thats just my old pc, so you can imagine my new one! :D hope it helps

Edit: Oh yeah and I play on MAX everything!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.