War Thunder - Screenshots and Discussion thread!

Columbia

On July 4, 2017 at 9:05 PM, The Space Dino said:

I'm considering War Thunder, but I'm afraid due to duct tape computer and my experiences of "game balance" with WoT

The game generates matches with vehicles that are above your Battle Rating by 1 at the max for your highest rated vehicle. For example, let's say you highest ranking vehicle has a Batle Ratng of 3.3. The game will not only include vehicles whose BR is higher by 1 (BR 4.3), it will also include vehicles of the same BR. This could be a problem when you have a vehicle with a high BR and a vehicle with a lower BR, so reaserch vehicles that have a similar BR.

On October 1, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Columbia said:

That's so Kerbal! I get a tiny wing part chipped off and yet I get the "You'll leave your aircraft in 10s" thing at the bottom..

It's so annoying, knowing that it's still airworthy, yet you have to leave the plane :(. I flew across the map in a Typhoon that shredded off the right wing tip to get to the runway to repair.

On December 24, 2015 at 9:21 AM, pTrevTrevs said:

Ugh, Bf-109s are so hard to use effectively that whenever I fly German planes now I usually find myself flying Stukas or the Pasta Bomber

The Pasta Bomber? Wait... Is it the Do-17?

Edited by Wildcat111

On June 16, 2017 at 3:02 PM, qzgy said:

No. I watched a youtube video through the entire match.

I sometimes do that, and half of the match I'm multitasking between checking this thread,watching youtube videos and playing the match.

@V7 Aerospace about the Tetratch, I love it. It's fast, annoying (to enemies when I drive around in circles around them while their turrets swing so slowly to try to aim at me) and small.

7 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

I sometimes do that, and half of the match I'm multitasking between checking this thread,watching youtube videos and playing the match.

@V7 Aerospace about the Tetratch, I love it. It's fast, annoying (to enemies when I drive around in circles around them while their turrets swing so slowly to try to aim at me) and small.

Yes!

Someone else knows the power of the tiny tank terror!

5 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

Yes!

Someone else knows the power of the tiny tank terror!

Turret's a bit underpowered, but WHO CARES? It's much more satisfying to make the enemy hammer his head on this little tank.

3 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

I was just wondering, has anyone made any custom camouflages?

Some of my work...

Hide contents

962899c1a23c96924f060124c0fb6d13.png

Hide contents

eadfaa846d60f8440b2a2b5159010337.png

Hide contents

6605b1a678b12d58ee17c547b8ed9ffb.png

Just what we need! A bomber disquised as a civilian plane! Surely they wont attack us now!

5 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

I was just wondering, has anyone made any custom camouflages?

Some of my work...

Reveal hidden contents

962899c1a23c96924f060124c0fb6d13.png

Reveal hidden contents

eadfaa846d60f8440b2a2b5159010337.png

Reveal hidden contents

6605b1a678b12d58ee17c547b8ed9ffb.png

Ah yes. I remember seeing the Lufthansa sky whale on .Live yesterday.

I haven't tried making any, I may in the future.

I test flown the Sky Whale a few weeks ago, and it's wicked. Surely disquising a bomber as a civilian passenger plane will certainly protect it, as it is against the Geneva Convention to target civillians!

Spoiler

And possibly violating international humanitarian law (IHL): Parties to a conflict must distinguish their soldiers and military objects from civilians and civilian objects to gain an unfair advantage their adversary.

Edited by Wildcat111

23 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

I test flown the Sky Whale a few weeks ago, and it's wicked. Surely disquising a bomber as a civilian passenger plane will certainly protect it, as it is against the Geneva Convention to target civillians!

Reveal hidden contents

And possibly violating international humanitarian law (IHL): Parties to a conflict must distinguish their soldiers and military objects from civilians and civilian objects to gain an unfair advantage their adversary.

You don't say? I remember when it was released everyone was screaming it was too OP. :wink: Just wait for a Floats event! What do ye reckon I should paint on it next?

Spoiler

That doesn't violate those pesky codes. :P 

3 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

You don't say? I remember when it was released everyone was screaming it was too OP. :wink: Just wait for a Floats event! What do ye reckon I should paint on it next?

Reveal hidden contents

That doesn't violate those pesky codes. :P 

A SKY WHALE!

Yes, I mean you should paint a whale on it.

4 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

I've started to play the Russians and I found them to be bias confirmed.

Managed to grind Zis-30 and T-28, haven't played them yet but are all of you here in the same clan or something, wondering if I could join

Nah, I've never been part of a squadron. Russians definitely are good, you playing Arcade Battles?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.