War Thunder - Screenshots and Discussion thread!

Columbia

7 hours ago, dundun93 said:

About a month ago,  I stoped playing KSP sadly. . Because I found war thunder.  And I have unlocked the p-40 and 36c, PBY 5,  b-18, M8, M3, and M2.

Yeah, I've not really played KSP for about half a year. I've been meaning to get back into it, but War Thunder's got me hooked.

Just unlocked my first jet, the Meteor Mk.3! :D

6 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

My WT launcher died so I'm having to redownload the game (:()

But recently all I've done is grinded the Ar-2, and that's about it. Could someone here tell me how to do CAS properly?

CAS (in Realistic that is) is more effective when you take fighter-bombers, or fighters that can equip bombs and rockets, such as the P-47 or Hawker Typhoon. Taking bombers makes you a much slower and bigger target, and you can't really drop bombs that accurately.

Rockets are better for getting a high number of individual kills, whereas large-size bombs are better to drop on cap points when you know there are several tanks there.

4 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

CAS (in Realistic that is) is more effective when you take fighter-bombers, or fighters that can equip bombs and rockets, such as the P-47 or Hawker Typhoon. Taking bombers makes you a much slower and bigger target, and you can't really drop bombs that accurately.

Rockets are better for getting a high number of individual kills, whereas large-size bombs are better to drop on cap points when you know there are several tanks there.

Does the Russian line have any good fighter-bombers at all?

I can't aim my rockets, they never hit lol

7 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

Does the Russian line have any good fighter-bombers at all?

I can't aim my rockets, they never hit lol

The IL-2 line are quite good at ground attack, just bear in mind this is a dedicated ground attacker, so agains fighters the only advantage you have is your impressive armament. Apart from that, not really any soviet fighters can carry large bombs or large rockets.

when aiming rockets, don't aim directly with the crosshairs.move the crosshairs slightly to the left, or to the right. That way you are aiming with the rockets on one wing, so one rocket will hit directly, giving you a kill. By aiming directly with the crosshairs, because the rockets are out on your wings they'll both miss the target, as its in between the point that they'll hit.

Edited by V7 Aerospace

1 hour ago, V7 Aerospace said:

The IL-2 line are quite good at ground attack, just bear in mind this is a dedicated ground attacker, so agains fighters the only advantage you have is your impressive armament. Apart from that, not really any soviet fighters can carry large bombs or large rockets.

when aiming rockets, don't aim directly with the crosshairs.move the crosshairs slightly to the left, or to the right. That way you are aiming with the rockets on one wing, so one rocket will hit directly, giving you a kill. By aiming directly with the crosshairs, because the rockets are out on your wings they'll both miss the target, as its in between the point that they'll hit.

For me the IL-2s are way too sluggish to be effective. As for my horrible rocket aiming it is because my rockets always fall like a few meters short of the target. However I will try to aim properly with rockets using my I-153.

18 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

I was playing WT with a wireless mouse when, mid-flight, the battery ran out. Had to use the touchpad, and it was hard.

Same thing happened to me, but I had to go get batteries. Told the enemy team there was an easy kill flying in a straight line at low altitude while I was away.

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2017 at 1:17 AM, V7 Aerospace said:

Always did that when I had the BB-1...

I agree with you, the IL-2 line is very good, I heard people say. I've started the Russian tree, and the BB-1 and the Su-2 are good attackers for their tier. I would recommend getting the I-153 (it's in the I-15 line) and the I-16 line. These planes have very good maneuverability and pretty good firepower.

17 hours ago, Pine said:

I've been doing stuff

unlocked some goodies, but jets are bloody hard to survive shots

5F9H981.jpg

tbh I find jets to be able to absorb a bunch of damage.

Me-262s, P-80s and La-15s have many a time defied the power of Hispano HEF-SAPI.

Or maybe it's just me being bad.

5 hours ago, Mayer said:

Didn't grind much(and had my fair share with Wargaming), occasionally playing with BF-109s and bomber. But the waiting times are awful.

Waiting times are usually under a minute for me. That's probably because I mainly play on busier weekends.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.