Columbia

War Thunder - Screenshots and Discussion thread!

dundun92    296

I've been playing for the last month, and i just unlocked the P-40 and P-36G.

dundun93    122

About a month ago,  I stoped playing KSP sadly. . Because I found war thunder.  And I have unlocked the p-40 and 36c, PBY 5,  b-18, M8, M3, and M2.

V7 Aerospace    335
7 hours ago, dundun93 said:

About a month ago,  I stoped playing KSP sadly. . Because I found war thunder.  And I have unlocked the p-40 and 36c, PBY 5,  b-18, M8, M3, and M2.

Yeah, I've not really played KSP for about half a year. I've been meaning to get back into it, but War Thunder's got me hooked.

Just unlocked my first jet, the Meteor Mk.3! :D

The Space Dino    166

My WT launcher died so I'm having to redownload the game (:()

But recently all I've done is grinded the Ar-2, and that's about it. Could someone here tell me how to do CAS properly?

V7 Aerospace    335
6 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

My WT launcher died so I'm having to redownload the game (:()

But recently all I've done is grinded the Ar-2, and that's about it. Could someone here tell me how to do CAS properly?

CAS (in Realistic that is) is more effective when you take fighter-bombers, or fighters that can equip bombs and rockets, such as the P-47 or Hawker Typhoon. Taking bombers makes you a much slower and bigger target, and you can't really drop bombs that accurately.

Rockets are better for getting a high number of individual kills, whereas large-size bombs are better to drop on cap points when you know there are several tanks there.

DarkOwl57    1653

First time playing in over a month, went straight in.. 2 kills, 3 assists and tons of ground kills. I think that went good.

The Space Dino    166
4 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

CAS (in Realistic that is) is more effective when you take fighter-bombers, or fighters that can equip bombs and rockets, such as the P-47 or Hawker Typhoon. Taking bombers makes you a much slower and bigger target, and you can't really drop bombs that accurately.

Rockets are better for getting a high number of individual kills, whereas large-size bombs are better to drop on cap points when you know there are several tanks there.

Does the Russian line have any good fighter-bombers at all?

I can't aim my rockets, they never hit lol

V7 Aerospace    335
7 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

Does the Russian line have any good fighter-bombers at all?

I can't aim my rockets, they never hit lol

The IL-2 line are quite good at ground attack, just bear in mind this is a dedicated ground attacker, so agains fighters the only advantage you have is your impressive armament. Apart from that, not really any soviet fighters can carry large bombs or large rockets.

when aiming rockets, don't aim directly with the crosshairs.move the crosshairs slightly to the left, or to the right. That way you are aiming with the rockets on one wing, so one rocket will hit directly, giving you a kill. By aiming directly with the crosshairs, because the rockets are out on your wings they'll both miss the target, as its in between the point that they'll hit.

Edited by V7 Aerospace

The Space Dino    166
1 hour ago, V7 Aerospace said:

The IL-2 line are quite good at ground attack, just bear in mind this is a dedicated ground attacker, so agains fighters the only advantage you have is your impressive armament. Apart from that, not really any soviet fighters can carry large bombs or large rockets.

when aiming rockets, don't aim directly with the crosshairs.move the crosshairs slightly to the left, or to the right. That way you are aiming with the rockets on one wing, so one rocket will hit directly, giving you a kill. By aiming directly with the crosshairs, because the rockets are out on your wings they'll both miss the target, as its in between the point that they'll hit.

For me the IL-2s are way too sluggish to be effective. As for my horrible rocket aiming it is because my rockets always fall like a few meters short of the target. However I will try to aim properly with rockets using my I-153.

Joseph Kerman    205

I was playing WT with a wireless mouse when, mid-flight, the battery ran out. Had to use the touchpad, and it was hard.

V7 Aerospace    335
18 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

I was playing WT with a wireless mouse when, mid-flight, the battery ran out. Had to use the touchpad, and it was hard.

Same thing happened to me, but I had to go get batteries. Told the enemy team there was an easy kill flying in a straight line at low altitude while I was away.

Joseph Kerman    205
1 hour ago, V7 Aerospace said:

Same thing happened to me, but I had to go get batteries. Told the enemy team there was an easy kill flying in a straight line at low altitude while I was away.

You had to? In RB?

V7 Aerospace    335
12 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

You had to? In RB?

No, this was back when I played AB much more than RB. Figured by the time I'd got the batteries and returned I'd be dead, so I notified the enemy team of myself, why not I guess? :P

V7 Aerospace    335

Although my profile may be the Tetrarch, a British reserve tank...

Spoiler

IS-6%20Inside%20Modern%20complete.png

)))))))))))))))))))))