[1.7.3 & 1.11.0] Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered v2.5.0 & pre-2.6.0.0 (2021-January-19)

Whirligig Girl

On 12/21/2015 at 2:35 PM, wolfman29 said:

Is the most recent version (i.e. with biomes) posted for download on the first page?

As of a minute ago, yes.

Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered v1.5.1 is released.

Now on GitHub. The KerbalStuff link still exists, but will very likely remain at 1.5 for quite some time.

Download 1.5.1 on GitHub.

Changelog:

• Added Kerbin's maple trees to Laythe.
  • Removed shiny terrain from Laythe's scaledspace (Thanks @KillAshley)
  • Actually, truly, properly fixed the land control colors for Laythe
  • No, really this time.
  • I swear.
  • Look:

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f61

• OpTiOnAl MoOnLeT bOp. (found in the Extras folder)
  • New science definitions that don't permanently overwrite the stock ones.
  • More detailed Biomes on Laythe.
Edited by GregroxMun

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2016 at 10:36 AM, olekopyto said:

WE NEED A EVE THINGY FOR AKR

WE DON'T WANT GREEN CLOUDS ON JOOL

BTW. We really need it!

I'll look into it.

On 2/26/2016 at 9:11 PM, CrazyCanadian said:

so im still getting a green jool? .. its obviously conflicted becaus it looks funny from atmosphere , fine from space, but at load screen is half green and half blue. im using with EVE mod.. what am i possibly doing wrong

Not compatible with EVE right now.

Edited by GregroxMun

Alrighty so here's the plan.

I'm going to finish up some things with Alternis Kerbol, and maintain it as Alternis Rekerjiggered Classic. This will be a small little patch to the current 1.5.1 to polish it a little bit more, and basically finish it so that it is up to the same level and features as the original 0.23 Alternis Kerbol. Then I will continue Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered forward from there, implementing new features that were never there in the first place, though many of them were planned for the original Alternis. Note that the following change list is a plan, not an actual changelog document. I have not started any real work on any updates yet.

Alternis Rekerjiggered Classic Version C1.5.2

• Give Jool a heated lower atmosphere (Just like Original Alternis had. It prevents your ships from going to low and passing through the scaledspace mesh of Jool)
  • Change Eve's atmosphere a little bit. (Just like Original Alternis did.)
  • Lower Vall's Terrain Deformity.
  • Make some new descriptions for all the planets. [EDIT: Finished this one.]
  • Remove the secret heated Moho atmosphere. (I don't think I mentioned it until now, but I did give Moho back its superheated Atmosphere from 0.17.)
  • Burn down your neighbor's house.
  • Some new science definitions.
  • Move the Asteroid Redirect Mission asteroids to be Near Jool objects instead of Near Kerbin Objects.
  • Outer Planets Mod Compatibility:
    • Orbits of OPM gas planets changed to better fit within the system.
    • Eeloo is no longer moved, instead, Vall is moved to Eeloo's place within Sarnus orbit. Eeloo is moved to an orbit which resembles Eris' in our normal solar system.

Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered Version 1.6: Divergence

• All of the changes from Alternis Rekerjiggered Classic unless otherwise stated.
  • Outer Planets Mod Compatibility, but with some actual changes to the OPM planets.
  • Eve is made yellow-brown in color.
  • Moho is made red-brown in color, and given a super-heated atmosphere.
  • Ike and Gilly's procedural craters made less spiky and given more color detail.
  • Optional config to increase the orbital radii of the major three Joolian moons (in a desperate attempt to make the system more stable)
  • Tylo's radius increased and surface gravity decreased, for an overall decrease in mass.
  • Kerbal Space Center moved to the desert (that was the original plan according to the original Alternis thread. I know Uncharted Lands *also* did it. But that's just because the whole equator is a desert.) 
  • He knows.

the burn down your neighbor's house stuff comes from this subreddit.

Edited by GregroxMun

ALTERNIS REKERJIGGERED CLASSIC vC1.5.1 is now released

Download

• Removed the superheated atmosphere of Moho.
  • Minor change to Eve atmosphere height and pressure to be inline with original Alternis. Eve now has a less dense atmosphere.
  • Jool gets hot near the bottom of the atmosphere, so your probes won't survive the trip to the bad-looking surface.
  • Updated science definitions, corrected typos and incorrect entries (calling Duna red, for instance).
  • New planet descriptions
  • Removed some extra, un-needed textures.
  • Moved where asteroids spawn
    • They have a low chance of spawning around the Jool orbit of Kerbin, they have a medium chance of spawning in a high orbit around Jool, and they have a high chance of spawning around the solar orbit of Jool
  • Outer Planets Mod Compatibility
Edited by GregroxMun

if you're getting too many asteroids, delete the file AlternisKerbol/000_Asteroids/AsteroidMover.cfg

I'll be releasing a patch the reduce the asteroids to reasonable levels soon.

EDIT: Before you come here complaining about asteroids, just make sure you have 1.5.2.1. It fixes that.

Download here

Edited by GregroxMun

On 2/9/2016 at 10:14 PM, Dobelong said:

dIz9A1a.png

Did I download it wrong? Minimus is blue, but all of the other planets are normal. (I think.)

Turns out it's my fault. Or maybe Kopernicus' fault. The point is, I'm getting the bug too, and I haven't a clue how to fix it.

EDIT: Fixed it. https://github.com/GregroxMun/Alternis-Kerbol-Rekerjiggered/releases/tag/C1.5.3

Edited by GregroxMun

• 1 month later...
  • Updated to 1.1.
  • Made Eve yellow
  • Optional settings.cfg to change the orbits from default to Bop Moonlet to Principia Compatible to Principia-Compatible with Moonlet Bop.
  • Optional settings.cfg to add or remove the Evian rings.
  • Fixhacked Tylo, made it more like the original.
  • Re-added super hot Moho atmosphere
  • Made Moho red, gave it a large volcano reminiscent of the one from KSP v0.17.

https://github.com/GregroxMun/Alternis-Kerbol-Rekerjiggered/releases/tag/1.6

2 minutes ago, TheJewelOfJool said:

That was fast.

I had been working on 1.6 for quite some time. I decided to release it now that Kopernicus is updated to 1.1.

1.7 will follow soon, mostly just changing all textures to .dds and using the Kopernicus Load On Demand system.

15 hours ago, lagcity613 said:

It's so pretty T.T

protip: replace the Kerbin or Laythe configs for Jool's in scatterer, and you get to have blue jool again. Also, reomve the EVE clouds for Jool, because tbh you don't really need them. And never ever ever use "Kopernicus Expansion," it's super unstable and doesn't really have anything to do with Kopernicus.

Edited by GregroxMun

47 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

protip: replace the Kerbin or Laythe configs for Jool's in scatterer, and you get to have blue jool again. Also, reomve the EVE clouds for Jool, because tbh you don't really need them. And never ever ever use "Kopernicus Expansion," it's super unstable and doesn't really have anything to do with Kopernicus.

It looks even better! The rings I hijacked from OPM clashed pretty badly with green Jool, but this looks really good!

3 minutes ago, lagcity613 said:

It looks even better! The rings I hijacked from OPM clashed pretty badly with green Jool, but this looks really good!

You're right, that does look pretty amazing, however I have one main complaint.

The rings would never be stable in the Joolean system. The moons are too big. And their inclination makes no sense, as are almost inevitably formed around the equator. I recommend you remove Jool's rings and enable the Eve rings in the settings.cfg.

6 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

You're right, that does look pretty amazing, however I have one main complaint.

The rings would never be stable in the Joolean system. The moons are too big. And their inclination makes no sense, as are almost inevitably formed around the equator. I recommend you remove Jool's rings and enable the Eve rings in the settings.cfg.

Oh, I know they're not realistic, but I edited them this way little by little to have a more impressive view. Especially the angle - around the equator, you don't get much a view.

3 hours ago, lagcity613 said:

Oh, I know they're not realistic, but I edited them this way little by little to have a more impressive view. Especially the angle - around the equator, you don't get much a view.

Well, I must insist that you make sure you specify that you have added the rings by yourself if you share these images outside of this thread. :)

Edited by GregroxMun

22 hours ago, jrandom said:

Is there a detla-v map for Alternis? My internet has been super spotty lately so I can't always rely on the transfer window planner web page being available.

There is not one yet. However, unless you have the big orbits or principia-compatible orbits enabled, the delta-v from Alternis!Eve to Alternis!Tylo is the same as Eve to Duna. The Delta-V from Alternis!Laythe to Alternis!Kerbin is the same as the Delta-V from Laythe to Tylo, etc.

I could make a delta-v chart, but I won't be able to make it a nice and pretty subway map.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.