[1.7.3 & 1.11.0] Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered v2.5.0 & pre-2.6.0.0 (2021-January-19)

Whirligig Girl

Here is prerelease 1 for version 2.4.0. 

The main fix here is the science definitions config file, which should no longer display nothing. The 2.4.0 full release will include support for the Interstellar Consortium, which uses the UBIs that this prerelease adds.

https://github.com/GregroxMun/Alternis-Kerbol-Rekerjiggered/releases/tag/2.4.0.1

1. * Support for Kopernicus Unique Body Identifiers
  2. * Fix science definitions config.
  3. * Make E.V.E. clouds on Jool transparent from space, preserving the classic look of the planet.
  4. * Define displayNames for all planets. (Identical to stock names by default)

• 2 weeks later...

2.4.0 is released.

https://github.com/GregroxMun/Alternis-Kerbol-Rekerjiggered/releases/tag/2.4.0

• AKR now supports Interstellar Consortium Plugin.
  • Support for Kopernicus Unique Body Identifiers
  • Fix science definitions config.
  • Make E.V.E. clouds on Jool transparent from space, preserving the classic look of the planet.
  • Define displayNames for all planets. (Identical to stock names by default)
  • Fix realistic starlight intensity curve.
  • Add zero condition for default sunlight intensity curve.
  • New lens flare BrightnessCurve.

Note that AKR is no longer compatible with the latest versions of Scatterer.

Also note that the mod won't be compatible with KSP 1.7.0 until Kopernicus is updated.

Edited by GregroxMun

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 5:28 AM, _Leo_Pard_ said:

I'm having issues with textures on Eve,Laythe and Kerbin is there any fix

Im using EVE and Scatter if that has to do anything with it.

First of all, welcome to the forums.

Second, it's written in the OP that Scatterer is incompatible, so that's probably your issue

Thank you!

I did not notice the issue with scatterer but even with out any visual enhancement mods it will still get the glitch with textures. Is it possible that there are any other mods that could cause this issue

Edited by _Leo_Pard_
Do-get

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2019 at 12:59 PM, _Leo_Pard_ said:

Thank you!

I did not notice the issue with scatterer but even with out any visual enhancement mods it will still get the glitch with textures. Is it possible that there are any other mods that could cause this issue

If you want to even begin to diagnose an issue you need to post your logs (in a LINK, not the whole thing in the thread) and if you're looking for mod incompatibilities, I'll need your modlist or a pic of your GameData folder. As well as a thorough explanation of what texture problems you're having, preferably with pictures.

Edited by GregroxMun

54 minutes ago, buno98 said:

needs to be updated to KSP 1.7.1 !!!

Mod makers do this in their own free time, and are not beholden to anybody to update or even continue working on their mod at all.  

They are very aware that 1.7.1 has dropped.   It's all everybody has been talking about for a month now.  But they might need more than the 2 days since it's been released to get those mods updated.  Be a little patient and they might get to it. 

On 6/1/2019 at 1:28 PM, GregroxMun said:

If you want to even begin to diagnose an issue you need to post your logs (in a LINK, not the whole thing in the thread) and if you're looking for mod incompatibilities, I'll need your modlist or a pic of your GameData folder. As well as a thorough explanation of what texture problems you're having, preferably with pictures.

I"m not able to locate my logs for some reason I have searched everywhere and can't find it but for mods https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq_lb6BK50DlggTTNmXuYBKvi4wC (I need to clear out a lot of mods)

Thanks for the help!

55 minutes ago, _Leo_Pard_ said:

I"m not able to locate my logs for some reason I have searched everywhere and can't find it but for mods https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq_lb6BK50DlggTTNmXuYBKvi4wC (I need to clear out a lot of mods)

Thanks for the help!

Well for one thing you have a GameData folder in your GameData folder, and it looks like you have multiple versions or possible incorrectly installed versions of several mods including StationParts and BDB.

And several other mods look like they may not have been installed properly, but I can't tell for sure.

1 hour ago, GregroxMun said:

Well for one thing you have a GameData folder in your GameData folder, and it looks like you have multiple versions or possible incorrectly installed versions of several mods including StationParts and BDB.

And several other mods look like they may not have been installed properly, but I can't tell for sure.

Yes I understand that my gamedata folder is a mess I need to go through and see which mods are working and which ones are not, Also GameData is Docking Port Alignment Indicator and some mods have been renamed because they are called GameData.

Thanks For the help!

Just now, _Leo_Pard_ said:

Yes I understand that my gamedata folder is a mess I need to go through and see which mods are working and which ones are not, Also GameData is Docking Port Alignment Indicator and some mods have been renamed because they are called GameData.

Thanks For the help!

Also Looking through the Texture Folders Of Alternis Kerbol, The Textures for Laythe_color And kerbin_color are black and that's kind of what my issue is in-game. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be like that or not.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq_lb6BK50DlggWgikYz_7ISli0l

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AstralWither said:

would you be impressed if i got to tylo and back with a kerbal in a craft under 10 tons?

I'd be very impressed if it was legitimate. Though, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

• 1 month later...

Hi sorry to bother you but I have a question about compatibility. Would this mod also work with the outer kerbin mod? That mod adds an extra moon and sub moon to kerbin on the edge of its SOI. I feel that if this mod doesn’t change kerbins SOI it would work. I just want to confirm if this changes kerbins SOI or not

• 2 weeks later...

Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered v2.5.0 has just been released.

* Update Scatterer Compatibility
* Remove Eve's rings for now.
* Improve stock atmosphere rim settings.
* Update Distant Object Enhancement and PlanetShine configs for... uh... AKR 2.0. (I hadn't updated them since before remaking the rest of the system)
* Tweaks to E.V.E. clouds.
* If IC is installed:
    * Change names to Alternis [name].
    * Disable default descriptions
    * Add new descriptions regarding telescopic discovery of these worlds.
    * New 10-pointed-star orbit icon for Alternis Kerbol (star).
* More science.
* remove randomMainMenuBody from Jool, make it THE mainMenuBody unless IC is installed.
* Change science definitions over to Scientific Revolution format.
* Move all AKR files to GameData
* Add SciRev plugin to repository.

https://github.com/GregroxMun/Alternis-Kerbol-Rekerjiggered/releases/tag/2.5.0

Note that SpaceDock is having more upload trouble, so you'll have to download from GitHub for now.

On 7/29/2019 at 5:44 PM, Kjonde564 said:

Hi sorry to bother you but I have a question about compatibility. Would this mod also work with the outer kerbin mod? That mod adds an extra moon and sub moon to kerbin on the edge of its SOI. I feel that if this mod doesn’t change kerbins SOI it would work. I just want to confirm if this changes kerbins SOI or not

You would have to write your own compatibility patch to make it work. (Personally I feel the art style conflicts far too much so I won't make my own patch)

If you're doing it just for yourself you can edit the Outer Kerbin mod's planet configs directly. You can change the reference body to "AKR/Jool" and pick a new orbit that you like.

On 6/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, AstralWither said:

would you be impressed if i got to tylo and back with a kerbal in a craft under 10 tons?

I'd be intensely skeptical but if you could pull it off my jaw would drop.

On 6/3/2019 at 12:45 AM, _Leo_Pard_ said:

Thanks For the help!

Also Looking through the Texture Folders Of Alternis Kerbol, The Textures for Laythe_color And kerbin_color are black and that's kind of what my issue is in-game. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be like that or not.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq_lb6BK50DlggWgikYz_7ISli0l

Laythe and Kerbin use transparencies in their textures which is why they appear black and white. They're actually blue and white. The alpha channel (which controls transparency) is used to regulate how shiny the textures are. You need to actually install all your mods correctly though, or I can't help you. You shouldn't have any GameData folders within GameData. EDIT: Your GameData isn't just a mess, it's completely broken. My best advice is delete everthing except Squad (and SquadExpansion) and start over. You need to look inside of folders. Sometimes you have to unzip the contents of a zip file into GameData, sometimes you have to unzip the contents of a folder in the zip file. You have to actually look at how you're installing these things. I see, for instance, BDB and BDB Extras. BDB extras is, if I recall correctly, a folder that has a GameData folder in it, meaning ITS CONTENTS go into gamedata, not the folder itself.

Edited by GregroxMun

On 8/11/2019 at 2:39 PM, Shawn Kerman said:

@Kjonde564 Outerplanets mod will "work" but Greg will not like it because it would defy the laws of physics having a sub-submoon and a far SOI

What? Whirligig World has a sub-submoon, and I'm not aware of any sub-submoons in OPM (Only Tal, a submoon). And I don't think OPM changes any body SOIs inappropriately. Sub-submoons don't defy the laws of physics at all if you set the system up right.

3 hours ago, Mangu said:

The opm patch does not function, seems to be an "object not set to the reference of a body" problem?

Ah of course, I never set the OPM support patch to use Unique Body Identifiers. I'll add that to the to-do list. 

Edited by GregroxMun

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.