[1.7.3 & 1.11.0] Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered v2.5.0 & pre-2.6.0.0 (2021-January-19)

Whirligig Girl

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE FILES IN Gamedata/Kopernicus/Cache BEFORE INSTALLING THE UPDATE

Version Beta0.90 is released! (The number scheme... sound familiar?)

This one has a major bugfix involving Tylo's heightmap and color map, fixes Tylo's atmosphere visibility, and adds support for Galactic Neighborhood support (the GN patch is not out yet, but the config for the mod now supports GN for whenever Sigma wants to do his thing)

This will likely be the penultimate version before a 1.0. 1.0 will include polishes and more bugfixes. At that point, Alternis Kerbol will have officially been completely Rekerjiggered. After that, the Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered Extended phase will begin, which will include OPM support.

Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

I really love this mod, keeps the game from going stale. I took the liberty of whipping you up a flag, hope you don't mind. If you want any changes to made to it (colours, size, format), let me know. http://i.imgur.com/GwMUnUb.png

That's actually pretty cool! I might bundle it in with the AlternisKerbolFlags.

The upcoming 1.0 release has proper orbit colors which will work nicely for the orbit lines there. That certainly is a unique design.

The main problem is that it seems to have a white background, when it ought to have a transparent background.

Alternis Kerbol 1.0 is released.

Changelog:

• Resized Sun.
  • Recolored atmospheres.
  • Tweaked Tylo and Laythe's terrain.
  • Added Minmus craters.
  • Changed orbit color lines.
  • A lot of other minor bugfixes.

:D

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Snark

Great to see this mod brought back from the dead.

Really enjoying it so far, especially the tidally locked Kerbin but i have some complaints/bugs:

First, Kerbals instantly explode from overheating when entering Kerbins atmosphere.

No slow gradient into the thicker part just an instant wall of death. Ships are ok, but Kerbals just vaporize. Makes gathering those high atmospheric EVA-reports impossible.

Second , the science is not really well balanced at the moment: the Mun, for example, has the same multiplier as Tylo and Eve etc.

Will pause my career save for a while and test around with sandbox until the science isn´t so cheaty anymore

Those comets look like a challenge ^^

Hi there, congratulations on releasing this Greg. The system looks very interesting and the views are spectacular. I downloaded it to give it a try, and I couldn't help but notice...

JsG9lJ0.png

...that the orbital velocities of the system's planets are very low, meaning once you get out of the Jool system, transfer dV is relatively low but takes an incredibly long time (I guesstimated 120 years to Eeloo, even getting to Eve might take a few years).

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm not familiar with the original version of the mod: is this an intended feature? Did I perhaps do something wrong when installing?

Regards, UA.

That's actually pretty cool! I might bundle it in with the AlternisKerbolFlags.

The upcoming 1.0 release has proper orbit colors which will work nicely for the orbit lines there. That certainly is a unique design.

The main problem is that it seems to have a white background, when it ought to have a transparent background.

My bad. Here is one without a BG and orbit colours based on UnusualAttitude's screenshot, or did you mean orbit colours with jool as parent body? NUJ68d8.png

Ow and here is a .DDS version that has 1/3 the memory footprint of the .PNG => http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/VrcevMz9/file.html

Edited by RGBPeter

Hi there, congratulations on releasing this Greg. The system looks very interesting and the views are spectacular. I downloaded it to give it a try, and I couldn't help but notice...

http://i.imgur.com/JsG9lJ0.png

...that the orbital velocities of the system's planets are very low, meaning once you get out of the Jool system, transfer dV is relatively low but takes an incredibly long time (I guesstimated 120 years to Eeloo, even getting to Eve might take a few years).

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm not familiar with the original version of the mod: is this an intended feature? Did I perhaps do something wrong when installing?

Regards, UA.

I thought I fixed that. The Sun is resized, but it seems that increasing the surface gravity didn't actually compensate. Must be some difference between Kopernicus and the Alternis Kerbol plugin. Might have to revert the sun resize. It doesn't amount to much IMO. That does explain why Jool's SOI is so large. I thought I was experiencing an isolated glitch. *facepalm*

If you want to go ahead and fix the problem now before I release an update, simply go to the Sun config and remove all the parts that resize or regravity the Sun. If you can't do that successfully, then just remove the whole sun config. Note that this will remove the lighting. Or just wait until I make an update.

EDIT: I found the problem. GeeASL should not equal 0.07772. Yeah. I don't even know what that number IS, it's not in the Alternis Kerbol source.

- - - Updated - - -

Great to see this mod brought back from the dead.

Really enjoying it so far, especially the tidally locked Kerbin but i have some complaints/bugs:

First, Kerbals instantly explode from overheating when entering Kerbins atmosphere.

No slow gradient into the thicker part just an instant wall of death. Ships are ok, but Kerbals just vaporize. Makes gathering those high atmospheric EVA-reports impossible.

Second , the science is not really well balanced at the moment: the Mun, for example, has the same multiplier as Tylo and Eve etc.

Will pause my career save for a while and test around with sandbox until the science isn´t so cheaty anymore

Those comets look like a challenge ^^

AFAIK, the science definitions should be the same as original Alternis, but I could have made some mistake somewhere. I'll check it out.

As for the Kerbals instantly exploding, and no atmosphere gradient, I am not seeing this bug. Do you by any chance have the Ballutes mod installed? I do know there's a problem with ModularFlightIntegrator that gives Kerbin a really soupy souposphere, which may be related. I was seeing bugs with going mach speed at <100 m/s at sea level on Kerbin. See if removing Ballutes and ModuleFlightIntegrator from GameData fixes it, assuming you have it.

Edited by GregroxMun

Loving having this back in the repertoire, GregroxMun. :)

Has anyone noticed mach / re-entry effects happening at low speeds? It's been happening with and without FAR installed.

I believe it is from Ballutes. Maybe some conflict between moving Kerbin and ballutes, but as far as I can tell it is a Kopernicus/Ballutes issue, nothing I can do about it.

Some possibilities. Haven't tested, but I know that removing ModularFlightIntegrator fixes it:

It comes when you have a Kopernicus mod that moves Kerbin, and ModularFlightIntegrator without either FAR or Ballutes.

It comes when you have ModularFlightIntegrator installed without Ballutes.

It comes when you have Ballutes installed with a Kopernicus mod that moves Kerbin.

It comes when you have ModularFlightIntegrator and a Kopernicus mod that moves Kerbin.

Edited by GregroxMun

I like it, but it gave rise to the need for a new visual mod:

RQsn5YC.png

Since it's that friggin' dark, you really miss the moon- sorry, planetlight. There's a ship there, you know.

Also, is Tylo harder to return from than Jool now?

Edited by RyanRising

I believe it is from Ballutes. Maybe some conflict between moving Kerbin and ballutes, but as far as I can tell it is a Kopernicus/Ballutes issue, nothing I can do about it.

Some possibilities. Haven't tested, but I know that removing ModularFlightIntegrator fixes it:

It comes when you have a Kopernicus mod that moves Kerbin, and ModularFlightIntegrator without either FAR or Ballutes.

It comes when you have ModularFlightIntegrator installed without Ballutes.

It comes when you have Ballutes installed with a Kopernicus mod that moves Kerbin.

It comes when you have ModularFlightIntegrator and a Kopernicus mod that moves Kerbin.

For me it seemed like RealHeat was the culprit. FAR+MFI doesn't have the problem, but FAR+RH+MFI and RF+MFI do.

Is there any chance of a 2x, 3.2x, or 6.4x rescale at some point in the future...

I have thought about it. 3.2x rescale won't happen unless I bring back Jumbo32, but 2x and 6.4x are likely. Maybe even 10x and a special AlternisSol version.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/RQsn5YC.png

Since it's that friggin' dark, you really miss the moon- sorry, planetlight. There's a ship there, you know.

From the surface of Jool? No, not quite. But a Tylo landing is very very very hard. It would be one thing if parachutes weren't so sensitive. I managed to do a LANDING (let alone a return) by using an Orion Nuclear Pulse rocket for the majority of the landing. Landing and returning from Tylo would definitely be harder than Eve. But keep in mind that the two are totally different challenges.

RyanRising said:

http://i.imgur.com/RQsn5YC.png

Would be great is PlanetShine could do ALL the planet light, not just the one you're orbiting. Then Jool could give a significant amount of light to its moons at night. Imagine how beautiful a Full Jool would look in the sky. It would be much much brighter than a full Moon and quite a bit brighter than a full Jupiter.

- - - Updated - - -

Update 1.2 released

Fixed extreme brightness on Duna and Tylo.

Fixed some atmospheric problems with Tylo Turns out Tylo's atmospheric pressure was fine, but most of the ground is above the part where it is 0.5 Kerbin atmos. This is by design.

Tweaked Tylo's atmosphere color and rims.

Okay, NOW it should be identical to Alternis Kerbol 0.1 from KSP 0.23. Unless something else pops up. Which it usually does.

Edited by Snark

There is a problem with Minmus and its SOI.

It´s too small , scanning is impossible and so is getting in orbit high over Minmus to gather science.

Edit: I have 2 Eeloos, one around tylo and one on its own ... they share science wich is unfortunate.

Edited by Katchau

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.