[1.7.3 & 1.11.0] Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered v2.5.0 & pre-2.6.0.0 (2021-January-19)

Whirligig Girl

Laythe is the Mun in the title screen? Wondeful attention to detail!

hczMLAc.jpg

It moves really fast, though.

EDIT: I THINK I SAW THE REGULAR MUN AT THE TITLE SCREEN TOO

Edited by RyanRising
do you know what that means? All the moons are in the title screen! aaaaaaaaaaaaa

You forgot all the { in the PlanetColorsFIXED.cfg. You only have } in the config

Blame Sigma88. He made those configs. I'll fix it when I have time tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the best mod ever!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually: all the moons are not visible: only Laythe is on the title screen.

Actually, all of the moons ARE visible. It's what happens when you make Jool the Main Menu body, a feature in Kopernicus. It makes all of the moons of a planet visible. New Horizons also does this for one of the desert bodies.

- - - Updated - - -

you can add ring jool

I asked NovaSilisko, the original dev, about this.

Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered

1.4 is out, which does the following:

Made Laythe more reminiscent of Kerbin's ground materials, so it looks closer to the original version. This is unfinished in that it is not perfect to the original, but finished in that it looks pretty good as it is right now.

Fixed a bug where some places on the Mun go below 0 meters. (If you see this issue remain please notify me!)

Defined Mun's geeASL.

Re-redid atmospheres.

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

Hello!

I really love this mod, but there are a few things I need to say:

1. The bug with Kopernicus and moving Kerbin should be stated in the original post

2. Eeloo and Vall should have a binary template with SigmaBinary mod. Just to make it more realistic :)

Other than that, OPM is squashed into this and Eeloo is on a massive orbit around Sarnus and collides with Kerbol on quite a few occasions. Quick fix for this? And Trans-Keptunian too! And I would like the lighting to be dampened it is a bit bright...

Edit: On that note, is Minmus supposed to have a SOI of 42km?

Edited by RA3236

Hello!

I really love this mod, but there are a few things I need to say:

1. The bug with Kopernicus and moving Kerbin should be stated in the original post

2. Eeloo and Vall should have a binary template with SigmaBinary mod. Just to make it more realistic :)

Other than that,

3. OPM is squashed into this and Eeloo is on a massive orbit around Sarnus and collides with Kerbol on quite a few occasions. Quick fix for this?

4. And Trans-Keptunian too!

5. And I would like the lighting to be dampened it is a bit bright...

6. Edit: On that note, is Minmus supposed to have a SOI of 42km?

1. If it is not already there I will put it there.

2. I'll see about getting a Sigma Binary template for Eeloo and Vall. I'm not actually sure Eeloo would be orbiting a point outside itself though. It is pretty massive compared to Vall.

3. The best way to quick fix OPM compatibility would be to swap Plock for Eeloo in the OPM config. (Or just remove Eeloo's config from OPM altogether.) Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered will eventually support OPM fully (rearranging etc. This will not be a high priority update, there's a few more things that need to be done first such as finishing Laythe and allowing for an optional Bop Kerbin Moonlet.)

4. Not sure what the problem with Trans-Keptunian pack is.

5. The lighting is the same as it was in the original Alternis Kerbol and I will not be changing it.

6. Yes. It is small and very close to Jool. Encountering Minmus is a bit more like rendezvous than flight to a moon.

Hey Greg, great job with the updates. I particularly enjoyed the subtle increase in Mun's gravity just before I put my heavy spaceplane down there. Fortunately, it bounced. I've now got to Minmus and the view is insane...

iQrJ6Yb.png

Just a couple of things to report:

- I too am experiencing the inability to take science reports on Minmus (have not tried Laythe or Tylo). The "collect sample" or "log gravity data" button appears as usual, but if you click on it, it disappears and nothing happens. Also, ScanSat is rendering the terrain map but not the biome map.

- Orbits around Laythe can be unstable. If you timewarp while not focussed on a ship there, you might return and find the Pe/Ap has changed. Some of my ships have even crashed into the surface.

By the way, what magic makes Alternis Kerbol's performance better? And would it be possible to apply the same treatment to the other stock planets? For those of us with decent CPUs but poor graphic cards (Mac users, yay), the real killer is terrain rendering, and I'm getting decent FPS on Laythe whereas Kerbin is still terrible. Just wanting to understand...

Thanks again, I'm having a great time with this system.

Regards, UA.

The in-game description for Minmus says it's SOI is 49km, but any attempt to orbit higher than 20km results in leaving Minmus SOI and entering orbit around Jool.

Yes, the SOI is 49km and Minmus' radius is 29km, so at an altitude of 20km from the surface you are at the limit. Is this not how it should work?

I'm with UnusualAttitude. I've landed on minmus and laythe and thus far i've tried to log science with everything but the gravioli detector and the accelerometer, and while the option to record scientific data is there and the animation for the mystery goo and materials bay plays, it doesn't log the data, the interaction menu disappears, the option to log data when you interact with it again also disappears. I've landed on laythe with a thermometer and an atmospheric recorder. the atmospheric recorder works until landing but the thermometer stops funcitoning properly when flying low. This is a little bit game-breaking as i can no longer complete the "explore x" contracts, which provide the majority of my funding. If anybody knows a fix or a workaround I'd be very appreciative.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.